Author Topic: If Danny blows it up...(C's/Lakers)  (Read 8444 times)

If Danny blows it up...(C's/Lakers)
« on: January 03, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »

Offline ghost_of_davidthirdkill

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
This is contingent on everyone - that includes Danny, Doc, KG & PP - deciding that this team has run it's course as currently constituted.

Celtics send:  Paul Pierce & Kevin Garnett
Lakers send:   Dwight Howard & MWP

Why the Celtics do this?

As mentioned before, if everyone realizes there are no tweaks that can lead them to a championship, it might be best to break up the band.

I know most people here won't be able to stand the thought of Pierce or even KG in purple and gold, but if we're going to move them I don't want to send them to NBA Siberia (i.e. Sacramento).  Paul's an LA kid and KG has his home in Malibu.  If they're okay with this, then I'd be okay with this.

Now on to what the C's get.  While Howard might be a total Summer's Eve, he still is the best center in the league.  You team him up with Rondo, AB, Sullinger and Green, you have a talented and athletic (maybe Sully not so much in the athletic dept.) core to move forward with.

The concern with Howard is that he'll be a free agent at the end of the year and he won't resign in Boston.  I say if you can bring him in and let him play the remainder of this season with Rondo, he'll fall in love with both the tradition and the easy buckets Rajon will feed him.

Why the Lakers do this:

This current Lakers cocktail just hasn't mixed well.  Howard has never quite fit in with Kobe and now D'Antoni.  Additionaly, with their age and contracts, their best option would probably be to go for it all right now.  I think they're a much better team (and fit for D'Antoni's system) with KG & PP.  Those two would allow for much better spacing and ball movement, plus add championship grit that would mix well with Kobe.  Plus, all their contract would end in a couple of years (not including KG's option year).  That would allow them to retool with plenty of cap space.

Re: If Danny blows it up...(C's/Lakers)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 03:27:06 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
I would think about that seriously but only if D-12 signs a extension. And if he doesn't sign a extension, I would really do all I can to add DMC to help him think of resigning after playing with him for a couple of months. We would still have Green,Bass,Sully,Bradley,Melo to work with to get the job done. Rondo, Cousins & D-12 would be the best young nucleus in the NBA going forward so it would be worth it to me.

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 03:30:48 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I 4 One think it's a decent idea. I'm currently in full go blow it up mode and Howard although I don't like him. Is a great building block with Rondo.

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 03:37:26 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
No way either team would do this deal
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 03:43:56 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
A few trades if we are going to blow it up. We have to deal with another contender who wants PP and/or KG to try to put them over the top .

Bos sends: PP, KG
Den sends: Faried or McGee , Gallinari , filler

Bos sends: PP,KG, Barbosa
LAC Sends: Jordan, Bledsoe, Butler

Bos send: KG
okc sends: Perk , Toronto 1st and lamb, filler

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 03:59:53 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It's awful from an emotional perspective, but makes a lot of sense when thinking about the future - assuming everybody assumes we have no chance at a championship with our given core. I also agree with trying to get Cousins in here, as well, but would also try for Josh Smith.

It's awful to think about and I hope we can get this thing turned around, but I also don't want to be horrible for the next 10 years either...

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 04:00:57 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

Lakers would win it all with that trade this season. Just too many weapons to deal with.

I don't think Denver is in a position to contend, so, giving up young pieces may not be the best move.

This is a great trade for Boston. They get a young center with rebounding and blocking abilities, and get a guard that could be valuable in a bigger role.
Can't see the Clippers doing it, though. Why mess up with something going on well?

OKC pretty much gives nothing for KG, so, they'd do it in a heartbeat. Not sure why we would want this deal, though.

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 04:04:06 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Lakers would win it all with that trade this season. Just too many weapons to deal with.

I don't think Denver is in a position to contend, so, giving up young pieces may not be the best move.

This is a great trade for Boston. They get a young center with rebounding and blocking abilities, and get a guard that could be valuable in a bigger role.
Can't see the Clippers doing it, though. Why mess up with something going on well?

OKC pretty much gives nothing for KG, so, they'd do it in a heartbeat. Not sure why we would want this deal, though.

Tonto's pick is only top 3 protected, tornoto is 12-20. It will likely be a top 10 pick.

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 04:49:38 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
you lost me when you suggested trading two guys with a foot in retirement for the best big man alive.

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 04:54:49 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Hypothetical - would you trade Rondo, Pierce, and KG for Nash and Dwight if Dwight extended his contract for 5 years?

Nash would be purely temporary entertainment and cap filler while the real goal here is to build around D12 for 5 years
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 04:57:06 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Hypothetical - would you trade Rondo, Pierce, and KG for Nash and Dwight if Dwight extended his contract for 5 years?

Nash would be purely temporary entertainment and cap filler while the real goal here is to build around D12 for 5 years
Hypothetically you'd trade most of our team for Dwight HOward.  He's a top 5 player ... kind of guy who has taken a group of scrubs to the Finals.  Rondo will never be that player... and beyond Rondo our team is made up of mediocre prospects, players with a foot in retirement and average role players.

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 04:57:49 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
you lost me when you suggested trading two guys with a foot in retirement for the best big man alive.
I think the Lakers would be the fools not to except that deal.

PG: Nash
SG: Kobe
SF: Pierce
PF: Garnett
C:   Gasol

Thats a veteran laden team that knows what it takes to sacrifice & win! KG & Pierce would inspire Gasol & help Nash get easier assist from great open jumpshooting. I think its a no brainer for the Lakers but tough from a management standpoint for the C's because Dwight may not re-up.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 05:12:55 PM by KG_ended_Bias »

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 05:21:14 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Thats a veteran laden team that knows what it takes to sacrifice & win! KG & Pierce would inspire Gasol & help Nash get easier assist from great open jumpshooting. I think its a no brainer for the Lakers but tough from a management standpoint for the C's because Dwight may not re-up.

If Kobe isn't getting the best center in the league involved, what makes you think he would try to get PP or KG involved on offense?

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 05:21:47 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

The Lakers would be fools to not do it... I think we would be fools to do it. I dont know man. I just couldnt fathom that deal I dont think...

Nash
Bryant
Pierce
Garnett
Gasol

is an instant championship squad.

Rondo/Terry
Bradley/Lee
Green/Metta
Sully/Bass
Howard/Wilcox

Is not.

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 12:13:42 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I believe that was 17 times I threw up reading this thread.

Sacrilege!