Author Topic: Trade KG for Perk,P. Jones,Lamb, First  (Read 3859 times)

Trade KG for Perk,P. Jones,Lamb, First
« on: January 03, 2013, 02:48:16 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I know it's not a great return, but what can we really get for a 38 year old KG. I really want him to have another shot at a ring. No one deserves it more.

I hope I speak for all Celtics fans when I say that I would have no hard feelings at all towards Kevin if this is something he would be on board with. 

Re: Trade KG for Perk,P. Jones,Lamb, First
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 02:52:10 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I agree on KG and he does deserve another shot but i would wait until trade deadline to see what happens with Gortat and Cousins first..And that be only place i would like to see KG go is OK City..they would win a championship without a doubt
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 03:34:33 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
I want no parts of Perk again, he's washed so this deal would not entice me at all. Perk is a Bad contract going forward.  I would rather try KG & Lee for Lamb, PJ3, & K-Mart & whatever fillers we would need.

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 04:37:25 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
If i were Ainge my only concern would be waking up with a horse head in my bed and a note that says "Wherever you go I will find you. - KG"

But winning would probably settle him down and make him happy and appreciative.

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 05:22:54 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Can look at contenders (Clips, OKC, Dallas, Knicks, Miami, Memphis, Chicago) and offer Pierce or KG and see what it brings you. I am sure Danny could get some decent youth, picks and expiring $$.  In the meantime, Boston would swirl deep into the lottery.  Ugh, I dread going back to the years of clear non-contention but I guess that's where it's probably heading. 

It's all about the next 2-3 weeks.  If AB revitalizes the team, then Danny probably looks to tweak and gear up for an unlikely run.  If things continue as is, I would want to see Danny get as much value as he can for his tradeable assets.

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 05:24:49 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I think proposals for trading KG are a little absurd unless he publicly waives his no trade clause before the deadline.

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 10:00:25 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
I think proposals for trading KG are a little absurd unless he publicly waives his no trade clause before the deadline.

These proposals would be under the assumption that KG was willing to leave the Cs and ring chase for the next two years.

I proposed of sending KG to his HS hometown Chicago, reunited with Thibs.  It would be under the assumption that Rose would be fully healthy for a playoff run.  The Cs could ask for Taj Gibson, the rights to Nikola Mirotic, who projects to be a very good NBA player, Rip Hamilton and Kirk Hinrich for money ballast to make the trade work.  The Bulls would also get Wilcox and Barboza. 

Giving up Gibson and Mirotic would be a high price for two years of KG, but it could mean two championship. Since the Bulls acquired those two guys with late first round picks, the assumption would be that they could re-stock their prospects the next two drafts.

Regarding OKC, if Presti wanted to guarantee a title this year, he could trade Perk, Kevin Martin, Lamb and a pick for KG and Jeff Green. They lose some three point shooting from Martin, but they get a big body to try to cover Lebron if Miami makes the Finals.  KG and Ibaka together would be incredible defensively.  The only thing OKC would be missing is a big body to play one on one against big centers, like Gasol, D Ho and Duncan, but KG can hold his own in the low post, and Thabeet can provide a big backup body and sic fouls when needed.  Collison is undersized but does a good job competing with bigger center.

Another option would be to bring Dallas into the deal. The Mavs are desperate to clear out cap space, and would give up value to move Marion's money for next season.  Marion comes to Boston, Mayo (who is going to opt out this summer and become a UFA anyways) to OKC, Martin and Lamb to Boston, and KG to OKC.

KG would make OKC the favorite to win it all the next two years.  They'd have to find a cheapie bench wing this summer, which shouldn't be difficult.  Their big group of KG, Ibaka, Perk and Collison would be the strongest in the league.       

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 10:07:24 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
1. Not possible
2. Terrible trade

Call em as I see em lol
DKC Suns

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 11:22:04 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Heck no

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 11:26:26 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I'd love to have P Jones and Lamb and the first.   Perk has no value to us though.

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 11:28:46 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
kg on that team would be a lot of fun to see from a hoops watching perspective, but not gonna happen
Yup