Author Topic: Cs Offensive Offense  (Read 2290 times)

Cs Offensive Offense
« on: January 04, 2013, 05:14:33 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I found this article pretty spot on, thought I'd share.

http://celticshub.com/2013/01/04/the-disturbing-decline-of-the-celtics-offense/
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Cs Offensive Offense
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 06:11:46 PM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
Wow! How's that for a bit of sobriety? It won't register though, too many Kool Aid drinkers follow the Celts. Danny's going to try to make the Season less of a disaster than what it really is. Kick the can down the road type of thing. Not much he can do because Pierce and KG are drying up faster than an ice cube in August. Danny started believing in Miracles after his 1st one. This pre season announcers were amazed by the quick step and success of the Celtics. Nearly anointing Danny the 2nd coming. Then Nature took over. Even if Bradley does give us a spark it won't last long. There's that wall thing.

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 06:22:48 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
That's easy to see Doc is a bad offensive coach, this team should not be dead last in offense with the guys we have.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 06:43:56 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
That's easy to see Doc is a bad offensive coach, this team should not be dead last in offense with the guys we have.

BINGO! and that article was spot on.  :-[
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 06:48:51 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

They aren't.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 07:15:44 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
I would stop looking so much at our offense (with the exception of turnovers).

The real culprit is our lack to detail and attention for defense.

We are a defense first team and we have not geared up on that philosophy since losing to Miami in Game 7 last post season.

We can get back to that, our offense will be fine.

The only way we get better on offense is if we totally change the culture of our team like the Spurs have done over the last 4-5 seasons.

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 07:32:24 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

How much is it a problem of coaching vs a problem with the overall talent on the team?

I think that the NBA is a talent driven league. You need superstars in their prime in order to win a title.

I think the Celtics roster is not that good. But, if they can get their defense in order, and get improved play from Bass and Terry in particular, they enter the teams with a 5% chance at winning the title category.

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 07:37:20 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The Celtics offense is very good. Not elite but very good.

They have had a poor stretch lately with Rondo getting hurt. He really is fulcrum of everything the Celtics do on that end of the floor. Without his dribble penetration and playing, Boston just cannot consistently create quality shot attempts. Once Rondo gets himself fully healthy again, the C's offense should be back on track.