Author Topic: Let's talk about trade value  (Read 10490 times)

Re: Let's talk about trade value
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2013, 02:34:48 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
The Celtics have no superstars.

Rondo and KG are 4
Pierce is 3.5
Bradley is 3
Green is 2.5 and overpaid
Terry, Bass, Lee, Wilcox, Barbosa are 2
Sullinger 1.5
Collins 1

The only trade chips are Rondo, KG, Bradley and Pierce in that order.
The other players could only get a quality big man in return, if that big man had a bad contract.

Not a big fan of Sully?

He does a lot of good things, but he is automatically at a disadvantage due to his lack of height, strength, speed, and hops. What he gives and takes appears to be a wash on any given night at best. He's a nice 10th man, good enough to play 12 minutes per night. I would expect him to evolve into a 2.0 player by the end of the season, or certainly by the start of next season. I'm not convinced he'll ever be a solid starter (a top 20 PF).
I kinda agree.   Good role player.  Glen Davis/Brandon Bass type of guy who should be utilized off the bench.

Re: Let's talk about trade value
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2013, 10:18:29 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
The Celtics have no superstars.

Rondo and KG are 4
Pierce is 3.5
Bradley is 3
Green is 2.5 and overpaid
Terry, Bass, Lee, Wilcox, Barbosa are 2
Sullinger 1.5
Collins 1

The only trade chips are Rondo, KG, Bradley and Pierce in that order.
The other players could only get a quality big man in return, if that big man had a bad contract.

Not a big fan of Sully?

He does a lot of good things, but he is automatically at a disadvantage due to his lack of height, strength, speed, and hops. What he gives and takes appears to be a wash on any given night at best. He's a nice 10th man, good enough to play 12 minutes per night. I would expect him to evolve into a 2.0 player by the end of the season, or certainly by the start of next season. I'm not convinced he'll ever be a solid starter (a top 20 PF).
I kinda agree.   Good role player.  Glen Davis/Brandon Bass type of guy who should be utilized off the bench.
I think sully is already better than the likes of bass and bbd.  He can shoot just as well as those guys and can rebound.  I'd say he is a solid rotation guy but I agree his potential is somewhat limited.