Author Topic: a different Buck - Celtics trade (idea)  (Read 1457 times)

a different Buck - Celtics trade (idea)
« on: January 03, 2013, 08:34:55 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
This is a little diferent from other bucks - Cs trades that have been suggested.

Jeff Green + Brandon Bass + Barbosa

for

Drew Gooden + Mike Dunleavy + Ekpe Udoh

( best case we also get Tobias Harris but dont see that)

I know this isnt a sexy trade but I would help this team.

Dunleavy is playing better then Green, he is older at 32 but is also in the last year of his deal. He is also a capable offensive facilitator which would be helpful when rondo is off the court. He can essentially play point forward with AB + Terry or Terry + Lee on the court with him.

Gooden is historically better then Bass, he is also old but has one less year on his deal. He also is bigger then bass and a better rebounder.

Udoh is still young (25) athletic and a shot blocker. He would be the best shot blocker on the Cs. He is mobile and long enough to play either the 4 or the 5.

The celtics big man rotation could then become KG 30min, Sully 22 min, Udoh 22min, and Gooden 22. Or give the latter 3 each 20 and still leave collins with 6 min. This is a much much better rebounding group.

The Bucks may do this if they view Green as a starting SF. Jennins, Ellis, Green, Moute, and sanders looks like a good running team. Bass and Henson become there bigs off the bench. Barbosa is a nice fit as a back up in there super fast paced style. With Henson on the bench Edoh is redundant on there bench. The obvious issues with this trade are 1. Do they value Green as the best player in this trade? 2. Can they stomach Bass's deal?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:00:02 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: a different Buck - Celtics trade (idea)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 08:46:44 AM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
I'm for it. Tp.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

Re: a different Buck - Celtics trade (idea)
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 09:17:12 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The Bucks may do this if they view Green as a starting SF.

I think any trade ideas using Green should involve the assumption that the other team values Green about as much as the poster proposing the trade does.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference