Better, but still some problems.
1. Not browser agnostic. In Firefox, it displays very well, with very small gray margins on both sides. In IE 9 the gray margins are larger but will increase/decrease unpredictably with changes in Zoom level and physical resizing of the browser window. In Google Chrome the gray margins are larger still and don't decrease much if any with changes in Zoom level or physically resizing. In both IE and Chrome I am often left with columns of text consisting of one or two words across. If there wasn't a "work around" I couldn't use the front page...
2. At a certain point when physically resizing the window the layout changes...about half screen width...in all 3 browsers. That layout stacks the top story pictures vertically, changes the layout for the lower stories and doesn't display the sidebar that is usually on the right. Weirdly, this actually works better in Chrome than the default/full screen layout. This is the "work around" for point 1, but it does mean I have to change the size for the front page and back for the forums/other web sites.
3. The navigation menu/slider up top has some non-intuitive "features" that need working on.
First, changing zoom/size can reduce the number of items in the horizontal menu grouping the rest under more. That's okay...as long as More is visible...but I've noticed that at some zoom levels the words overlap and become unreadable and you can't tell what you're clicking on.
Second, the menu is double purposed...and the user isn't told that anywhere...so I kept "losing" the link to Forums. It would disappear from More, then later it would be back. Yes, I figured out that if I hover the mouse pointer over SBNation the menu options change and if I hover the mouse over the Celtics Blog logo they change back...but I discovered this by accident. I don't know how you make this "feature" clear to users, but you *really* *should.*
4. I've had "failure to load" error messages from the site in Chrome and IE (but not FF), especially when I start changing zoom or physical size. These errors resolve with I click the reload button, but they *are* occurring and that's a bug.
5. The site is still a bit slow loading. It's pushing a *lot* of data through the pipes. This isn't so noticeable on fast connections, but that might have something to do with the load errors mentioned in point 4. Other than reducing image sizes even more, I don't have much in the way of suggestions for you on this one.
6. I haven't tried the new site from a mobile device yet. I'll have to see how it works on tablets, but won't have time until this weekend.