Author Topic: KG: back to the 5 you go  (Read 9881 times)

KG: back to the 5 you go
« on: January 03, 2013, 07:16:10 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Now.

No more Jason Collins.  Ever.

Rondo-Bradley-Pierce-Bass/Sullinger-KG, every game. 

No excuses.

Re: KG: back to the 5 you go
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 07:33:45 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
depends on the line up. Collins is good to put pressure on a bigger team like Memphis, and to try and stop Randoplh/Gasol from getting a rhythm going.

I do agree I'd like the smaller line up starting most games.
Sully's just getting so many fouls called against him though, he won't make the fourth quarter.
I'd even try Bass now that Avery is back, with Terry, Sully, Green and Lee coming in. Wilcox too once he's back.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 08:27:23 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
As much as I love the traditional line up. I completely agree. Collins needs to not play ever again unless its 2 minutes in a quarter where we need to give a couple hard fouls or some face up defense.

Its like Doc is saying ok Danny, I need a center, all I have is this guy, so Im going to play him until you get me a better one.

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 08:38:27 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
As much as I love the traditional line up. I completely agree. Collins needs to not play ever again unless its 2 minutes in a quarter where we need to give a couple hard fouls or some face up defense.

Its like Doc is saying ok Danny, I need a center, all I have is this guy, so Im going to play him until you get me a better one.

Too bad he didn't realize it when we had Darko at hand.

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 08:57:46 AM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.

Darko wouldn't have been a factor either way. He wasn't invested.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 09:05:21 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
Now.

No more Jason Collins.  Ever.

Rondo-Bradley-Pierce-Bass/Sullinger-KG, every game. 

No excuses.

That was the starting lineup that we used for our playoff push last year, and I agree that we should return to regardless of who we are playing. I think it will do worlds of good for Bass who knows his role in that lineup and was a very effective offensive option with that group.

I, however, do not want Collins to disappear at this point. Until we can get a legit back up C, I actually want him to sub in for KG when he comes out halfway through the 1st quarter....I really don't like the Bass/Sully lineup. We get killed on the boards and the offense seems out of whack.

So, to sum up, 'yes' to Bass in the starting lineup, and until Danny finds a Collins replacement, I'd still like to see him get some time at C. I also wouldn't mind seeing Melo get some time out there...but Bass/Sully ball, not a fan..

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 09:08:47 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
At this point, putting Bass back in does make sense.

Collins is still going to play mind you.  They can still use his low post defense when KG is off the court. 

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 09:11:53 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas

yeah, I thought that Darko signing was gonna be big (pardon the pun) for us. I thought he was going to be Stiemsma's replacement...The result of not having an appealing backup C is that we get way too much Bass/Sully ball and as I just said I don't like that combo.

you know who would benefit the most from a backup C is Green. The defense would function better and Green would be able to focus more on scoring...

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 09:13:41 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
you can put the current Celtics in bag shake em up  .  Pour em out and what you got is the same ol thing.

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 09:14:38 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
At this point, putting Bass back in does make sense.

Collins is still going to play mind you.  They can still use his low post defense when KG is off the court.

If for no other reason than Bass would play better. Plus, Sully doesn't quite fit that role yet. He doesn't have that elbow jumper down like Bass had last year. That little 16-18 ft Bass jumper was a staple of our offense with the starting unit. I'd like to see that back up and running.

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 09:18:18 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 627
  • MASTER OF PANIC
you can put the current Celtics in bag shake em up  .  Pour em out and what you got is the same ol thing.

TP. This team has no trust...no chemistry. I don't believe Doc likes this team at all. They aren't just getting beat...they are getting whipped. Look at the last losses to Bulls, SA, Houston, Clippers. Warriors, Kings, Grizz...all double digit losses and the games were never even close

It is really a sad state. I don't buy the fact that this team will figure it out...

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 09:24:22 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

with you on this.
I think I'll focus on the Pats for awhile until the Cs sort themselves out.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 09:35:25 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
can we sign shaq back?lol

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 09:52:32 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Maybe KG will rise up out of the ashes once again, throw the Celtics on his back and muster one final asault before he playoffs. 

At this point I'm not sure what more to expect. Hope is waning.

Just bummed.

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 10:09:36 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
The Collins experiment was a joke, and I can't believe we're still entertaining it.  Our guys hit shots the first time he played, that didn't mean we had to drop everything and change our rotation. 

He's averaging 1 point, 2 rebounds, and 3 fouls.  He is one of the biggest liabilities in the league offensively, and is very poor on the boards.  His average (at best) defense doesn't justify this.

If we were going to sign a 35 year old, slow footed, defensive minded center, JO does everything better on the court.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale