Author Topic: 3pt shot  (Read 3113 times)

3pt shot
« on: January 03, 2013, 02:25:47 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Can't defend it, can't shoot it.   

& trading for a new big isn't gonna solve that problem.   

Re: 3pt shot
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 02:47:57 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
They were terrific at defending the three point line last year with their smaller lineup and Avery Bradley in the team.

They were the best team in the league in terms opponents three point field goal percentage and top five in terms of minimizing the number three point attempts. They were excellent at defending the three point line in large part due to their quickness one through five.

I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

I think major improvement in terms of three point defense is just around the corner ... with Avery Bradley coming back and hopefully Jason Collins being removed from the starting lineup shortly.

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 05:39:02 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Corner 3s have always been a weakness of ours, for years. When we played against the Cavs, that's always where they hurt us the most. I'm always crossing my fingers that teams won't attack us from there, our defense system seems to leave us vulnerable for those.

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 05:52:18 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
They were terrific at defending the three point line last year with their smaller lineup and Avery Bradley in the team.

They were the best team in the league in terms opponents three point field goal percentage and top five in terms of minimizing the number three point attempts. They were excellent at defending the three point line in large part due to their quickness one through five.

I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

I think major improvement in terms of three point defense is just around the corner ... with Avery Bradley coming back and hopefully Jason Collins being removed from the starting lineup shortly.
Yeah, I'm ready for Bradley and Bass back in the lineup with KG back at center. Try and work back some of that chemistry and build on what we had from last year. We look lost right now with no identity.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 06:59:26 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

I cant believe how ridiculous teams are shooting the three against us during this 4 game loosing streak.

It seems like anytime we start momentum and get a good thing going it is instantly stopped by two threes from the other team. Its been crazy. Its tough to beat teams when they are shooting above 40% from the field and hitting between 8 - 12 threes a game.

Memphis 8 - 18 44%
Kings 10 - 20  50%
Warriors 12- 19 62%
Clippers 12 - 30 40%

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 07:53:55 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yeah, our defense against threes stinks right now; we're 26th in the league in terms of 3PT% allowed.  Teams are hitting 37.7% of their threes against us, which is wretched.  It's also hurting our eFG% allowed, which ranks 22nd.  For a team built around it's defense, that's unacceptable.

We're shooting 34.9% from 3PT, which is middle of the pack.  However, we rank 27th in total threes made.

So yeah, the "can't defend it, can't shoot it" description is probably fair.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 07:56:42 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The three point shot ruined the game, keeping the big man down was what it was all about!  JK

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 08:55:47 AM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
The three point shot ruined the game, keeping the big man down was what it was all about!  JK

AND WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THESE BAGGY SHORTS? DANG KIDS LOOK LIKE HOODLUMS. AMIRIGHT AMIRIGHT
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 08:58:26 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

It helps.

Means the team is less likely to have to send help down low on defense thus giving a little less room for outside shooter.

Offensively, a low post threat could pull a double team (or just force teams to rotate down more often) thus increasing the chance a shooter finds an open spot. 

The inside and outside game do not live parallel lives.  They are directly related. 

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 09:15:23 AM »

Offline Kevin72790

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2

It helps.

Means the team is less likely to have to send help down low on defense thus giving a little less room for outside shooter.

Offensively, a low post threat could pull a double team (or just force teams to rotate down more often) thus increasing the chance a shooter finds an open spot. 

The inside and outside game do not live parallel lives.  They are directly related.
This. Bradley returning helps the inside. But Terry/Pierce still need more help from better interior defenders.