Author Topic: Idea: Facilitate the Needy  (Read 2006 times)

Idea: Facilitate the Needy
« on: January 03, 2013, 12:25:49 AM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
Instead if trying to convince trade partners our pieces are attractive, why not show them our pieces are versatile.

BOS sends: Brandon Bass, 2013 first & 2014 second round pick
BOS receives: Marcin Gortat

PHX sends: Marcin Gortat, Michael Beasley
PHX receives: Andrea Bargnani, Boston's 2013 first & 2014 second, Quincy Acy

TOR sends: Andrea Bargnani, Quincy Acy
TOR receives: Brandon Bass, Michael Beasley

Toronto wants Barg gone, and they get 2 solid players at positions they need to make a playoff push.
Phoenix wants a star, picks, prospects, or expirings. Here they get 3 of the 4 and the most crucial one, a star.

Any suggestions or alterations? The one doubt I had is that Phoenix possibly  wasn't getting enough back for Gortat? They're also getting rid of Beasley, which is huge for them. This would also have to be after Jan. 15th, but according to RealGM trade checker, the salaries matched up.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6193088

Re: Idea: Facilitate the Needy
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 12:36:27 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Toronto is trading one stat stuffer who is a ultimate negative for another. The rest of it seems to make sense.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 12:42:20 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I don't think Bryan Colangelo takes on a questionable character like Michael Beasley.

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 12:49:53 AM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
I don't think Bryan Colangelo takes on a questionable character like Michael Beasley.

I've always been a Beasley supporter personally. If he could find the right place, he would flourish. Would keeping Quincy Acy persuade Toronto? Only having to give up an unhappy star whom your currently shopping and getting a decent SF and PF. Or maybe Toronto would want a pick from somewhere?

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 12:56:48 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

I've always been a Beasley supporter personally. If he could find the right place, he would flourish. Would keeping Quincy Acy persuade Toronto? Only having to give up an unhappy star whom your currently shopping and getting a decent SF and PF. Or maybe Toronto would want a pick from somewhere?
Bryan Colangelo has a very strong distaste for negative or questionable characters. One of the least likely GMs in the league to take a chance on Beasley.

I like Beasley too. I just don't think Toronto will be the team to give him a chance. Colangelo seems to have a very strict policy against guys who are potential troublemakers.

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 12:58:45 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Great trade for Boston obviously. But honestly I can't see either Toronto or Phoenix going along with it.

Toronto- I can see them taking Bass but not Beasley. First of all, he is fast developing a bad reputation as a cancer in the locker room, and his position is redundant. Toronto are committed to developing two up and coming wings players in DeRozan and Ross. Beasley can be hindrance in their development. They have also signed Landry Fields to sizable deal. Kleiza remains under contract. Toronto has no use for Beasley.

Phoenix: They aren't getting enough for Gortat. I think you might to include Sully in the deal here to be worthwhile. The bigger question from Phoenix side, would the cheapskate owner be ok with Bargnani contract.