Author Topic: Keyon Dooling  (Read 2022 times)

Keyon Dooling
« on: January 02, 2013, 10:58:02 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Really hurt us... He didn't do much when he was here until playoffs, but he did better than these guys. How he really hurt us was announcing his retirement. Yes we were all happy about getting Lee at 1st, but we need a redo. If Dooling had stayed there will be no Lee.

Re: Keyon Dooling
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 11:05:10 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I actually don't hate Lee and think we turned players that were worth absolutely nothing on the trade market into a nice asset. He often shows flashes on offense and does a decent job on defense. He really needs to step up his aggression [see Green on this as well], but I am not yet ready to give up on him and I don't think his value around the league is as low as it is in Boston.

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 11:16:29 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Reverend Dooling needs to go to the locker room and PREACH IT!

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 11:20:27 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
dooling is one of our development coaches.

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 12:10:52 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Hire him as an assistant. He's the ultimate glue guy who can keep everyone's spirits' up and maintain a positive vibe in the locker room. That alone to me will be a huge help.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 08:16:05 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yes we were all happy about getting Lee at 1st, but we need a redo. If Dooling had stayed there will be no Lee.

If I recall correctly, we signed-and-traded for Lee in late July.  Dooling signed shortly thereafter, and he announced his retirement a couple of months later.

Lee being here has nothing to do with Dooling.  If Dooling had stayed, we wouldn't have Barbosa.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 08:16:40 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Hire him as an assistant. He's the ultimate glue guy who can keep everyone's spirits' up and maintain a positive vibe in the locker room. That alone to me will be a huge help.

He got hired to be part of the organization.  Player development or something like that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 08:23:46 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I dont get the Lee bashing. Lee played well for us in December. He is the one guy other than KG that has given 100% hustle every time he has been on the floor. He plays solid D and in December did a better job of hitting his shots.

I love the fact that Dooling is still part of the organization but I definitely wish he was in the locker room. I would like to have him over Barbosa but he wouldnt be much of a factor either way.

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 08:53:31 AM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
2011-12 Keyon Dooling = 2007-08 Sam Cassell.

Most of the time angered you enough to pick up smoking, but overall impact was greatly positive.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.