Author Topic: Starting to think terry should be the odd man out  (Read 7348 times)

Starting to think terry should be the odd man out
« on: January 02, 2013, 09:10:55 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Simply notmgivingus enough on offense to make up for his porous defense.  Lee can probably hit the same open shots that terry does and better defense.  Avery, rondo, and lee could get the bulk of the minutes at guard.

Lot of people didn't realize how rays presence on the floor, both because of his great shooting and because of him running around, helped everyone else.  Terry simply does not do either of those for our offense.  He only helps if he is scoring.

Re: Starting to think terry should be the odd man out
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 09:16:35 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Im just convinced that Terry is having the worst year of his career.

I never imagined he could be this bad. He literally hasn't given the Celtics anything

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 09:21:21 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
There are so many "odd men out" right now that we can't put together an eight-man rotation if we keep all of them on the bench.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 09:42:20 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Yep, I want to see Terry's minutes scaled back hugely. To a 15-18 minute a night backup.

I would love to see Barbosa get a shot in Terry's role also. I think he may offer the team more. His play earlier in the season was encouraging.

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 10:00:44 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Terry has always been a one dimensional player... even in his prime.  His size prevents him from making much of an impact.  Nice scorer off the bench.  Nothing more.   He's started for some teams by default, because they had no better option, but he's never been a great player.  Excellent option off the bench if you're lookin for some points, though.

Courtney Lee is our best all around shooting guard and even he is probably best off coming off the bench.  Not a building block or anything.

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 10:07:48 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Terry gets the same treatment from Doc as the big three.
meaning he could play absolutely terrible and still get his minutes and respect from Doc.

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 10:09:32 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
meaning he could play absolutely terrible and still get his minutes and respect from Doc.
It's called "playing your best players through slumps". You should check it out, most of the NBA coaches do it.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 10:14:28 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

Courtney Lee is our best all around shooting guard

Sad.

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 10:27:02 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
It's called "playing your best players through slumps". You should check it out, most of the NBA coaches do it.
problem is Doc often ignores what works during the game and goes back to his usual guys to finish the game no matter how bad they played.

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 10:32:03 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323

Problem with this team is that ALL of its best players are slumping. Pierce had one good quarter tonight, Rondo shot poorly (and why is he taking 4 threes?), and KG has alternately struggled lately with his shooting and rebounding.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 10:32:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Im just convinced that Terry is having the worst year of his career.

I never imagined he could be this bad. He literally hasn't given the Celtics anything

he gots a nice Boston tat  ??? 

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 10:33:02 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
problem is Doc often ignores what works during the game and goes back to his usual guys to finish the game no matter how bad they played.

Well Doc went back to Terry in the 4th and he drained two big 3's to help pull us to 5 or so back.  Jet has the ability to hit big shots.  We needed that tonight.

But he is just bad on D, especially at his age.  AB on Conley did pretty well versus when Jet was on him.  It was just bad.  I think we just need to pick and choose which matchups we can live with for his D.  Conley was a bad matchup tonight.

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 10:40:13 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Terry should not be allowed to look away from his man on defense.  Way too often he gets distracted and his man loses him on a cut to the basket.  He's not providing nearly enough in help defense (other than the occasional steal) to justify this, I'd rather see him focus harder on his own guy.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 10:47:13 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Maybe Danny will buy out D Will from the Nets. 
 Then trade you know who for a NICE BIG!!! :D    like cousins

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 10:51:24 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I think JT has been the most disappointing FA so far. He hurts the team more than he helps it in my opinion. Talk about a soft player. He better start hitting some shots consistently  because he can't do anything else for this team.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010