Author Topic: Doc will get fired soon  (Read 31369 times)

Re: Doc will get fired soon
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2013, 10:11:06 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
Doc is one of the Cs top assets for the future. He'll be around as long as the Cs can keep him.

this season has done nothing to assure him being any kind of top asset for the future....his system sucks for many players and obviously he isnt going to tweak anything to fit players stregths. hes a manager of personalites at best, a guy like tom thibodeau is an actual coach

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2013, 10:16:46 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
we have 4 dribble drivers of which only two even tried and one did not even see the court. not enough inside game from KG or sully. i have seen us be very dangerous when we actually try to do these things on a regular basis. oh wait. we have only done it two games in a row. nets and clippers. so much for trying on a regular basis. 
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2013, 10:17:05 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
Don't see it happening
If he continues to put Sullinger on Marc Gasol it could. That's just screaming "I made a bet on this game". It's beyond horrid coaching

Seriously, tell me who else Doc should put on Gasol if KG is on ZR?  What other 7' stud defender do we have on this team?  And don't say collins or I will throw up.

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2013, 10:17:19 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Doc done won a Chamionship,  just like Sporstra or Jackson , if he got the talent ...Doc can get the job done.
You gotta have the horses,.

C's team is underpower to make a run .   maybe .500 ball team

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2013, 10:19:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Don't see it happening
If he continues to put Sullinger on Marc Gasol it could. That's just screaming "I made a bet on this game". It's beyond horrid coaching

Seriously, tell me who else Doc should put on Gasol if KG is on ZR?  What other 7' stud defender do we have on this team?  And don't say collins or I will throw up.

Yes sir ....see dats what it is...we an't got the bigs to complete.. Sully an't play no 7 footers

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2013, 10:19:54 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
Doc is one of the Cs top assets for the future. He'll be around as long as the Cs can keep him.

LOLOOLOLOLOLOL

He's right. Boston as a city isn't sexy, Pierce and KG are gone this year or next, we've got Rondo, a tradition of winning, and a history of competent management. Docs a part of that, and hopefully Pierce remains in some capacity.

I agree with this 100%.  Regardless of what the leprechaun thinks, a lot of NBA players really respect Doc and want to play for him.  If others choose to ignore that I really wonder what coach they are thinking will be a better draw?

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2013, 10:22:03 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Doc's a mixed bag and he does best when he has good assistants to cover for his weaknesses, but you're right: he's an asset to the team who helps attract talent.
He's really had _one_ good assistance in Tom Thibodeau. He won COTY all on his own, and I don't think Lawrence Frank was any sort of a coaching genius.

I think Lawrence Frank is one of the best head coaches in the league at in game coaching decisions.

I question some of his other attributes as a head coach but I think he has a fantastic understanding of Xs and Os, in game adjustments, matchups and lineup decisions. He really does a terrific job for his teams with his in game decisions.

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2013, 10:22:35 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Doc done won a Chamionship,  just like Sporstra or Jackson , if he got the talent ...Doc can get the job done.

talent can make a clown coach look good. see spoelstra. jackson? he had MJ. Shaq. Kobe. Gasol. how could he not win?  you have to be able to see if the guy is actually getting the most out of his guys and developing talent. and using a smart style to fit his players.

right now, doc is a failure at that.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2013, 10:29:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

talent can make a clown coach look good. see spoelstra. jackson? he had MJ. Shaq. Kobe. Gasol. how could he not win?  you have to be able to see if the guy is actually getting the most out of his guys and developing talent. and using a smart style to fit his players.

Doc is gonna step up and pull dis team though... he justs needs Danny Ainge to get him some help for his D' in the paint.

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2013, 10:35:23 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Doc is gonna step up and pull dis team though... he justs needs Danny Ainge to get him some help for his D' in the paint.

GOD help us if not. and BTW, i am not saying doc has failed developing melo or sully only that it is part of the equation in grading a coach along with style and getting the most out of each player.

way too soon to judge him on that. we can do that in a couple years if doc is still here then.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2013, 10:50:47 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Danny will be gone before Doc. Doc isn't going anywhere because as some of us have already stated.... K.G. will retire, probably Pierce & Rondo will make a trade request. That ain't happening.

btw your boy Jason Collins did it again. 2 pts. 2 pf....lol starting center for a contender... yeah right!

Fab Melo could surely do better. C'mon Doc do something!

« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2013, 10:58:56 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

GOD help us if not. and BTW, i am not saying doc has failed developing melo or sully only that it is part of the equation in grading a coach along with style and getting the most out of each player.

way too soon to judge him on that. we can do that in a couple years if doc is still here then.

Look bro ,we knows dis an't gonna be no picnic over the next two years,  can't have no mutiny against Doc...he be the best chance we got over the longhaul .  Just look a the Lakers, would you rather be on dat ship wif dat captain.  Naw mans... we gots us a good head coach. Maybe we need new assistants to advise Doc sum, good ones like we lost.

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2013, 11:00:57 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2013, 11:02:12 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
To be clear I don't think he'll be fired nor should he be,

But I've often wondered why the Celtics offense hasn't been better throughout the years. He's a great play caller out of timeouts, and the roster has always had a good deal of fire power. Never could understand why we're always near the middle of the pack offensively.

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2013, 11:04:51 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
It ain't happening and if it does it won't make a difference. This team isn't talented enough.