Author Topic: Doc will get fired soon  (Read 31324 times)

Re: Doc will get fired soon
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 09:56:44 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
naah.  It's a lack of talent that's the problem... not coaching. 

If we don't make a move to bring in some big man help... get ready for the long winter.  Our true stars (Pierce and KG) are on their last legs.  Ray is already gone.  Rondo isn't the type of player to carry a team.

YUP TP !! That pretty much sums it all up  . 

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2013, 09:57:51 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
We look like a team whose coach is making bets...gotta beat the spread, right? Do you think maybe we beat the spread on that west coast trip?

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2013, 09:59:51 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538

If we don't make a move to bring in some big man help... get ready for the long winter.  Our true stars (Pierce and KG) are on their last legs.  Ray is already gone.  Rondo isn't the type of player to carry a team.

coaching is definitely an issue on offense. anybody can see it. what we try or fail to try to do. even if we fail we could still say we tried but do not have the horses. do not tell me we cannot attack the basket a myriad of different ways i have outlined here before. 
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2013, 10:02:31 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Let me get this straight.  Doc playing Sullinger on Gasol was one of the FEW smart things he has done of late.  Sully had the highest +/- on our team (+10)!!!!!!!!!!!  Gasol shot 1-7.

Did I miss something????

We better NOT trade Sully. 

For that matter, I don't trade Avery or Melo either!!!

Make a small trade as many have mentioned such as picking up Dalembart and ride it out and see what happens.  We might make the playoffs and we might not.

DO NOT trade away our future pieces.

Rondo looks MAYBE 60%.

Smitty77

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2013, 10:03:25 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Doc is one of the Cs top assets for the future. He'll be around as long as the Cs can keep him.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2013, 10:03:43 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Not going to happen although this roster could use a different coach...

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2013, 10:04:02 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

YUP TP !! That pretty much sums it all up  .

nope. only part of it. we do not attack enough whether we fail or not. that is on doc. if they do not want to do that then coaches and players need to go. simple as that.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2013, 10:04:10 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Docs alright, he an't perfect  , we shr an't gonna do no better for ah coach ,  he just has to get his mind right about small ball and Danny get us some serious bigs. (TALENT)

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2013, 10:05:13 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
My point exactly Roy.  Doc is too stupid to see the benefit of calling up a prolific shotblocker!!!  Thanks for helping me get my point across:-))))

Smitty77

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2013, 10:05:17 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Doc is one of the Cs top assets for the future. He'll be around as long as the Cs can keep him.

LOLOOLOLOLOLOL
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2013, 10:05:49 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Doc's a mixed bag and he does best when he has good assistants to cover for his weaknesses, but you're right: he's an asset to the team who helps attract talent.

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2013, 10:08:10 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Doc's a mixed bag and he does best when he has good assistants to cover for his weaknesses, but you're right: he's an asset to the team who helps attract talent.
He's really had _one_ good assistance in Tom Thibodeau. He won COTY all on his own, and I don't think Lawrence Frank was any sort of a coaching genius.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2013, 10:08:28 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

this season has done nothing to assure him being any kind of top asset for the future....his system sucks for many players and obviously he isnt going to tweak anything to fit players stregths. hes a manager of personalites at best, a guy like tom thibodeau is an actual coach

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2013, 10:10:03 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

dats right...wif out Doc ..whos ya  gonna for a coach and talent dat want to play in Boston

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2013, 10:10:59 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

LOLOOLOLOLOLOL

He's right. Boston as a city isn't sexy, Pierce and KG are gone this year or next, we've got Rondo, a tradition of winning, and a history of competent management. Docs a part of that, and hopefully Pierce remains in some capacity.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner