Author Topic: 3 Way Deal Bos/Tor/Sac (Simmons Idea)  (Read 19287 times)

Re: 3 Way Deal Bos/Tor/Sac (Simmons Idea)
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 09:31:09 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I don't think Tyreke and Calderon could co-exist.

Calderon, he needs a quite a bit of time on the ball to take advantage of his skills as a floor general, leader and facilitator offensively. Tyreke's game isn't conducive to that type of PG play. Too weak off the ball. Far too reliant on having the ball in his hands.

I think Lowry and Tyreke would work well together. Lowry is more of a scorer than Calderon. Can go and off the ball with greater ease without losing a large amount of his own individual effectiveness (unlike Calderon). Lowry and Tyreke would complement one another well. Give you a nice 1-2 punch in a pick and roll orientated offense.

Don't agree on Evans and Lowry. Both need to be primary ballhandler to flourish.

Tyreke needs to play next to a spot-up shooter who can defend opposing PGs. Having nothing to do with the fact that he's a Celtic, Bradley would actually be a good fit.

I assume that's why the Kings thought Brooks would be a fit... that is before he forgot how to play basketball.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2013, 09:44:32 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I don't think Tyreke and Calderon could co-exist.

Calderon, he needs a quite a bit of time on the ball to take advantage of his skills as a floor general, leader and facilitator offensively. Tyreke's game isn't conducive to that type of PG play. Too weak off the ball. Far too reliant on having the ball in his hands.

I think Lowry and Tyreke would work well together. Lowry is more of a scorer than Calderon. Can go and off the ball with greater ease without losing a large amount of his own individual effectiveness (unlike Calderon). Lowry and Tyreke would complement one another well. Give you a nice 1-2 punch in a pick and roll orientated offense.

Don't agree on Evans and Lowry. Both need to be primary ballhandler to flourish.

Tyreke needs to play next to a spot-up shooter who can defend opposing PGs. Having nothing to do with the fact that he's a Celtic, Bradley would actually be a good fit.

I assume that's why the Kings thought Brooks would be a fit... that is before he forgot how to play basketball.

Brooks is too selfish offensively to play alongside a guy like Tyreke. Between the two of them, it leads too much individualism offensively. A.Brooks is a massive liability as a defender/rebounder also. Bad fit.

I fully agree that Avery Bradley would be a great fit alongside Tyreke.

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2013, 09:54:22 PM »

LEHGOCELTICS

Any trade that involves our big three is dumb, period.

And this narrow-minded mentality is precisely why our team sucks as much as it does right now.

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2013, 09:55:57 PM »

LEHGOCELTICS

And all of those people that think Lowry is a mediocre point guard clearly have not been watching basketball this season. Aside from the assist-padding that Rondo excels at, Lowry has been better than Rondo in almost every other facet.

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2013, 10:05:09 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I don't like it much for Toronto.

What if it was Calderon instead of Lowry?

I'd like it even better for the Celts if it was Calderon over Lowry. Not sure why so many here are so down on Calderon, but I think he's got great three point range. Something we badly need if you saw tonight's game (minus the 2 Terry treys in the 4th quarter.)

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2013, 10:42:44 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

I'd like it even better for the Celts if it was Calderon over Lowry. Not sure why so many here are so down on Calderon, but I think he's got great three point range. Something we badly need if you saw tonight's game (minus the 2 Terry treys in the 4th quarter.)

Even w/ concerns about his injuries, I'd much prefer Lowry. Again, I think pairing him alongside Bradley would be a lot of fun. That defense would be too much to pass up on, even if Calderon might be the better facilitator in this proposed offense.

Also, I believe the Jet could potentially play point if the team was built more to work inside-out.

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2013, 11:12:52 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think Danny would like it more if it were Tyreke instead of Lowry or Calderon. It would also cut out the third team in the equation.

The problem I see is that we are trying to turn multiple players into one very good player and in this scenario, we are taking our best player and turning him into two - kind of the opposite...although, apparently Cousins is 'supposed' to be as valuable as Rondo.

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2013, 11:16:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I wouldn't give up one of the top 3 PGs in the league and easily the best passing PG in the league for a headache head case like Cousins and a mediocre PG at best in Lowry. If I'm giving up Rondo and have to settle for Lowry at PG, I want something od a sure thing coming along with him, not Cousins who might be the biggest question mark in the league.

Nick burns with the heat of a thousand suns over the summer 2011 defeat.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2013, 12:05:55 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
I think Danny would like it more if it were Tyreke instead of Lowry or Calderon. It would also cut out the third team in the equation.

The problem I see is that we are trying to turn multiple players into one very good player and in this scenario, we are taking our best player and turning him into two - kind of the opposite...although, apparently Cousins is 'supposed' to be as valuable as Rondo.

If you were going to build an offense around Kevin Garnett and Demarcus Cousins, I'd take myself, Deli Guy or present-day Mateen Cleeves over Tyreke Evans at point guard. 

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2013, 12:17:05 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

If you were going to build an offense around Kevin Garnett and Demarcus Cousins, I'd take myself, Deli Guy or present-day Mateen Cleeves over Tyreke Evans at point guard.

Putting Mateen Cleaves next to deli guy is like putting a moth next to a flame. So really, it's just you.

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2013, 12:19:59 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
I've decided that I'd definitely do the trade, even if it was just for Calderon -

I'm convinced that we have a better chance at winning the title this year by having a strategic advantage (two elite post players) than we do currently. Moving forward in the future, I'd like to roll the dice on giving DMC a better supporting cast before his rookie contract expires.

Long term, I think he's the better option, too. My concern is with building around Rondo-

If this current roster is SO mediocre (at least for now), what makes us think that the future will be any better? How likely is it that we'll be able to build a more talented roster than the current one? This feels like rock bottom right now, and it doesn't seem like Rondo has become anymore assertive. Why would that change going on in the future.

Knucklehead or not, the talent is there for DeMarcus Cousins. If he can put it together great, if not, so be it. But I'm fairly confident Rondo isn't the guy either.

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2013, 12:33:14 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Id wait til Bradley gets some time with Rondo, and give the fellas a Lil more time to gel, and Danny a Lil more time to work and allow Jeff Green the chance to up his trade value.

But if this is the baseline, Id do it.

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2013, 07:58:09 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Calderon is one of the worst defending PGs in the NBA (Dan Dickau-esque), and he plays almost strictly on the perimeter.  There's a reason Toronto gave up a lottery pick to acquire Lowry (a very good defender, shooter, passer, and overall scorer.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2013, 08:30:52 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Calderon is one of the worst defending PGs in the NBA (Dan Dickau-esque), and he plays almost strictly on the perimeter.  There's a reason Toronto gave up a lottery pick to acquire Lowry (a very good defender, shooter, passer, and overall scorer.)

Imagine Calderon and Terry on the defensive end of the court for us at the same time.  :o

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2013, 08:48:55 AM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
I just don't read anything that involves Rondo anymore.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.