Author Topic: Detroit not interested in Cousins anymore?  (Read 5226 times)

Re: Detroit not interested in Cousins anymore?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 12:11:14 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I find Orlando's interest strange.  Apparently good centers don't like to play there long term.

I'm of the opinion bad teams should not be giving much of anything for Cousins.  He needs a stable winning enviroment.  Charlotte and Orlando don't really have that at the moment.   Will they be willing to take the risk for significant assets?

I don't think Cousins needs a winning environment. He just needs one conducive to development. A team with good professionalism. Strong coaching staff. A roster with team oriented players with a defensive focus. Togetherness.

If I were team not a winning situation but felt confident I had those attributes, I would be more than happy to take Cousins on.

The mentality of the players, stability of organization and quality of coaching being key. Rather than the talent level of the roster.

I didn't necessarily mean "winning enviroment" in terms of wins and losses.  I meant more of a cultural enviroment that you speak of.

Charlotte does not have that.  They have some components of it, but are missing others.  Winning games is important though.  Winning can disguise a lot of bad character.

Orlando seems in disarray as well.  Maybe they are trying to straighten things out down there, but I'm not sure adding Cousins at this point is a good idea.  Orlando has too many other young guys they probably don't want being potentially poisoned.

I'd say taking on Cousins for either team is a greater risk than the Celtics would be taking.  Cousins has a greater chance of succeeding here.

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 12:15:22 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
I find Orlando's interest strange.  Apparently good centers don't like to play there long term.

I'm of the opinion bad teams should not be giving much of anything for Cousins.  He needs a stable winning enviroment.  Charlotte and Orlando don't really have that at the moment.   Will they be willing to take the risk for significant assets?

I don't think Cousins needs a winning environment. He just needs one conducive to development. A team with good professionalism. Strong coaching staff. A roster with team oriented players with a defensive focus. Togetherness.

If I were team not a winning situation but felt confident I had those attributes, I would be more than happy to take Cousins on.

The mentality of the players, stability of organization and quality of coaching being key. Rather than the talent level of the roster.

just for fun...here is a list of all the teams with losing records:

Bos, Phi, Tor, Det, Cle, Orl, Cha, Wash, Dall, NO, Uta, Pho

I will take out Phi, Det and Orl because they already have good, young centers

i will take out Cle, Uta, Tor, Pho, Dall, Cha because they are all giving up more points per game than us and all are giving up more than 99.38 points per game

i will take out wash and no because doc is a better coach than randy wittman and monty williams

that leaves us...

remember...this is just for fun...

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 12:59:17 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
According to Petrie he's not trading Cousins.  That's the latest rumor.

Must be trying to up the ante.

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 01:21:09 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
To me it was Drummond for Cousins as the logical move. 
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 01:34:45 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
To me it was Drummond for Cousins as the logical move.

Drummond will be better than Cousins, and has no attitude problems. Detroit is more likely to trade Monroe than they are Drummond. From all reports, they view Drummond as a future MVP candidate.