Author Topic: Grizzlies (19-9) at Celtics (14-16) 1/2  (Read 57955 times)

Re: Grizzlies (19-9) at Celtics (14-16) 1/2
« Reply #435 on: January 02, 2013, 10:02:21 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Cousins line tonight: 18 pts, 16 rebs (7 off) and 6 assts.  Yeah, we could use that - should have pawned off Avery before Sacto saw tonight's game film.

saw that.  ridiculous

Sacramento won't give up Cousins for our garbage. He is not coming here we need to move on.

« Reply #436 on: January 02, 2013, 10:02:58 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Front page article title idea:

Bradley Returns.  Celtics Still Suck.

I got a better one :
Bradley Returns.  Doc Still Sucks.
Oh now we're blaming doc for this team's lack of talent?  Lol

« Reply #437 on: January 02, 2013, 10:04:10 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Cousins line tonight: 18 pts, 16 rebs (7 off) and 6 assts.  Yeah, we could use that - should have pawned off Avery before Sacto saw tonight's game film.

saw that.  ridiculous

Sacramento won't give up Cousins for our garbage. He is not coming here we need to move on.

He was never a serious option.  You'd have to give up ROndo.   YOu don't land a prospect like that with a couple late 1st rounders (Bradley/Sully)

Your best best is packaging all our assets for someone like Marcin Gortat or something.

« Reply #438 on: January 02, 2013, 10:05:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

saw that.  ridiculous

He was never a serious option.  You'd have to give up ROndo.   YOu don't land a prospect like that with a couple late 1st rounders (Bradley/Sully)

I been sayn trade ROndo for Cousins all along...all it gets hate .... ???
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:13:45 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #439 on: January 02, 2013, 10:05:52 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

saw that.  ridiculous
Note that he gets a lot of his offensive rebounds Glen-Davis-style (i.e. due to his own inability to finish consistently around the basket).
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #440 on: January 02, 2013, 10:08:14 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
They showed some heart in the 4th. Still have bad tendencies that hurt them in close games though. Just don't (or can't) attack the rim enough.

and obviously doc cannot stress that enough....or they do not listen to him. which is it? hmmnnn

So now when the c's manage some good d down the stretch, doc gets no props?  You can't have it both ways.  If everything is Doc's fault (like you say in every post you ever make), then he was responsible for the comeback.  So tired of the blame doc for everything.

...and let's pretend the Patriots started to suck really bad, even with the talent they have.  Do you think Billy B would get a free pass?  Why is doc like Teflon man, and able to dodge criticism?

Who is saying he is free from criticism?  I think he has been taking a lot of heat on this blog and elsewhere.  I just don't think everything is Doc's fault, like a number of people on this blog.  It is really faulty logic. 

When KG and PP shoot 11 for 28 from the field, and 3 for 7 from the line that is a big part of why you lose a 10 point game.  Doc didn't tell Rondo to take 2 really bad 3's that sucked the life out of us. Bottom line is that KG and PP are getting older, they are in decline and nothing Doc does or doesn't do is going to change that. 

I thought Doc's rotations tonight were pretty good.  He stuck with Sully when he was working his tail off.  I liked C. Lee's minutes and Jet gave us a spark at the end.  We just need to defend better in the middle of the game and not dig ourselves a huge hole.

People are mad, and they can't accept that our talent level isn't as good as we thought it was, so they blame the coach for everything.  Sure doc needs to get more out of the team, but everything isn't his fault.

« Reply #441 on: January 02, 2013, 10:09:42 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

I got a better one :

if you think docs offensive jumper strategy is smart when we have 4 dribble drivers along with KG and sully to be used down low well.....nevermind
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #442 on: January 02, 2013, 10:10:09 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson

I got a better one :

sample over-reaction:  we lost, doc sucks.  Rondo's shoe came untied, uh oh, doc's fault.

That line of thinking isn't really looking at all the things that have gone into our season so far.

« Reply #443 on: January 02, 2013, 10:11:45 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson

I got a better one :

if you think docs offensive jumper strategy is smart when we have 4 dribble drivers along with KG and sully to be used down low well.....nevermind

Well we weren't just a jump shooting team tonight.  I don't know if you were watching or not, but RR, PP, KG, BB, CL pretty much the whole team was taking it to the bucket.  We just missed a lot of shots.

« Reply #444 on: January 02, 2013, 10:13:30 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I got a better one :

Well we weren't just a jump shooting team tonight.  I don't know if you were watching or not, but RR, PP, KG, BB, CL pretty much the whole team was taking it to the bucket.  We just missed a lot of shots.
Offense is not the issue. If this team defended half as well as  the team from two seasons ago, we'd be comfortably over .500, offensive flaws and all.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #445 on: January 02, 2013, 10:15:07 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson

I got a better one :

Offense is not the issue. If this team defended half as well as  the team from two seasons ago, we'd be comfortably over .500, offensive flaws and all.

I agree 100% with you.  I was just responding to the jumpshooting statement.  Once our D started playing better in the 4th 1/4 we had a great run.  We are just digging ourselves too big of holes by not playing D for 48 min.

« Reply #446 on: January 02, 2013, 10:15:34 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188

I got a better one :

players should also be blamed for playing small ball lineups and for forsaking offensive rebounds or rebounding in general.  ::)

« Reply #447 on: January 02, 2013, 10:17:15 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
Did Rondo just shoot a contested three about 5 seconds into the shot clock?

Did I just see that or am I losing the plot?
startin to worry bout if he can be a go to guy in da future. wit dis team strugglin nd him being a "leader" he hasnt been aggressive enought for my likin

« Reply #448 on: January 02, 2013, 10:17:24 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Terrible is the only word that comes to mind. The difference between the team up until this year was we knew they had the talent to turn it on, I'm not so sure they have what it takes to do that again.

No, the differene is effort.

People are saying that our guys are playing hard - that's garbage.

Look at guys like Hollins, Dooling, Marquis, E'Twaun, Stiemsma and Pietrus.  Last season those guys were the definition of guys who make up for lack of talent by simply playing harder than the opposition. Every one of those guys bar maybe E'Twaun played with 110% effort every time on the court.

Now look at this year's team.

Right now we have Bradley, Sullinger, Garnett and Collins who give 100% effort every time on the court.  These guys lay it on the line every night and play as if they are ready to take a bullet for their team if they have to.

Then we have Terry and Pierce who give between 80%-100% effort every time.  Sometimes they may get a tad lethargic and they do struggle from time to time with their shot, but usually they are leaving everything out there.

Then we have Barbosa, Rondo, Lee, Bass and Green who all range from 20% effort to 100% effort depending on how they feel on the day.  When they get motivated they are dominant, but far too often they are walking around taking their time like they are on a holiday. 

Those guys are the problem.

Rondo is the only guy in that group who is talented enough that he can get away with half-effort and still dominate his opponent.  The other guys in that group are all talented enough to dominate, but only if they put 100% effort in to it.

This is why we need to trade some of these guys for either of the following:

1. Guys who play with 100% effort every time

or

2. Guys who are talented enough that they can play with half effort and still dominate

Varejao fits from an effort perspective and Cousins fits from a talent perspective.

The NBA is just too talented these days, and the top teams are just too deep.  You can't play with 50% effort and contend for a title - if you don't put in at least 80% effort every night you're not going to make the playoffs.

« Reply #449 on: January 02, 2013, 10:18:05 PM »

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87

saw that.  ridiculous
Note that he gets a lot of his offensive rebounds Glen-Davis-style (i.e. due to his own inability to finish consistently around the basket).

So did Moses Malone...