Author Topic: Cousins / Multi-team trade is the only way  (Read 8580 times)

Re: Cousins / Multi-team trade is the only way
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 03:07:15 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
I read it. Its not happening.

Evans is only a restricted free agent next year. If he signs somewhere else, the Kings can match or work out a sign and trade because they are under the cap.

If he takes the qualifying offer, he is still Kings property for another year. They are not just going to lose Evans for nothing next year.

And reports are out that Detroit now has no interest in trading for Cousins or giving up Drummond or Monroe.

Your whole scenario is off based and never going to happen. You were told this repeatedly in the last thread.

what does this exactle mean that i was told repeatedley?

am i being scolded or slapped on the wrist?

is it permissable to respectfully ask this question?
It means, why start another thread to discuss the same exact extremely unlikely and implausible trade when multiple people have already poked so many holes in the trade to show how unlikely and implausible it was in another thread.

And I am not scolding you or slapping you on the wrist. I am just telling you what it is. How you take that is completely up to you.

no worries...i thought it was plausible...i guess that is the great thing about America...freedom of speech...is that ok to say...thanks...
Also, in the rules there's something about not opening multiple threads on the same subject and not posting the same questions and proposals in different threads.

Not the most highly enforced rules but just to let you know, if you open more trade proposals regarding Cousins proposing the exact same trade, expect the threads to be merged. This happens all the time.

gotcha...thanks...

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 03:24:16 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
As I posted in the other thread about this same proposal, this trade makes no sense from the Kings perspective. Sure it would be great if they gave us their 2 best players, who are very talented, very young, and on great contracts for our leftovers, but realistically there is no chance of it happening.

Cousins for Bradley, Sullinger, Melo, and picks however is likely to happen. We just are not getting Tyreke Evans for our garbage, it makes no sense.

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 05:24:44 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
As I posted in the other thread about this same proposal, this trade makes no sense from the Kings perspective. Sure it would be great if they gave us their 2 best players, who are very talented, very young, and on great contracts for our leftovers, but realistically there is no chance of it happening.

Cousins for Bradley, Sullinger, Melo, and picks however is likely to happen. We just are not getting Tyreke Evans for our garbage, it makes no sense.

Cousins is garbage.

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 01:15:59 PM »

Offline fugazzi24

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 17
Boston Out - Rondo, Collins, Joseph
Boston In - Cousins, Garcia, Isiah Thomas

Sacramento Out - Cousins, Garcia, Isiah Thomas, Hayes, Evans, Jimmer
Sacramento In - Rondo, Al Jefferson, Jason Collins, Demare Carroll, Kris Joseph

Utah Out - Jefferson, Carrol
Utah In - Evans, Jimmer, Hayes

Boston gets Cousins and Thomas!
Sacramento gets Rondo and Jefferson!
Utah gets Evans and Jimmer!

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 01:28:20 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Outgoing / Why / Where

Sactown:

Cousins
Obvious

Evans
Sactown is not going to pony up to re-sign him with Sactown losing $$$...DA has always liked him...you can always dream, right?

Salmons
He is the Kings oldest and highest paid player, ie, salary dump
He will back-up the Capt

Boston:

Bradley
Already considered one of the best ,if not the best, defenders in the NBA...Sactown is already stacked at SG

Sullinger
Could be a border-line All-Star...high character and glue guy...Sactown is already stacked at PF

Melo
Asset

Green
Sactown will get 7 years younger at SF at the same money as Salmons albeit for 2 more years

Bass
Young, borderline starter, locked in at decent money...plus...no issues...

Lee
Young, borderline starter, locked in at decent money...plus...no issues...

The "X" factor is the 3rd and possibly 4th team...

Any ideas?

What if Det traded eithor Monroe or Drummond to Sactown with Bradley and Evans going to Det?  Does Dumars see himself in Bradley?  Maybe Det throws in Knight or Stuckey?  Bradley and Evans are both combo guards but so were DJ and Ainge...
Gotta give up Rondo to get Cousins. 

Perhaps you'd be interested in someone like Sam Dalembert or Marcin GOrtat. 

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 01:31:06 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Cousins for Bradley, Sullinger, Melo and picks is not likely to happen.  Why would the Kings take scraps for their franchise big man?

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2013, 01:32:57 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Boston Out - Rondo, Collins, Joseph
Boston In - Cousins, Garcia, Isiah Thomas

Sacramento Out - Cousins, Garcia, Isiah Thomas, Hayes, Evans, Jimmer
Sacramento In - Rondo, Al Jefferson, Jason Collins, Demare Carroll, Kris Joseph

Utah Out - Jefferson, Carrol
Utah In - Evans, Jimmer, Hayes

Boston gets Cousins and Thomas!
Sacramento gets Rondo and Jefferson!
Utah gets Evans and Jimmer!

Maybe switch out Thomas for Aaron Brooks.  Rondo for COusins, Aaron Brooks and contract filler might be acceptable to the Kings.

Here's a realistic pipe dream:  http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aead2p9 ... We'd probably need to include 1st rounders and either Melo/Sully for the Kings to bite.

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 11:41:14 AM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
Ok.. I tell you: i don't believe, but i decided to post here anyway. According some spanish posters through twitterr, celtics-kings and lakers are working on this deal

Gasol Bradley Sully Terry 2 picks a #Kings Thorton T-Rob Hayes Brooks a #Lakers Cousins García a #Celtics +Rumores #NBA

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2013, 11:44:40 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Ok.. I tell you: i don't believe, but i decided to post here anyway. According some spanish posters through twitterr, celtics-kings and lakers are working on this deal

Gasol Bradley Sully Terry 2 picks a #Kings Thorton T-Rob Hayes Brooks a #Lakers Cousins García a #Celtics +Rumores #NBA

that would be quite a haul for the Kings, not so good for us as we lose our prospects and keep Bass, Lee and Green, but much more realistic for what it would cost us to get Cousins. Garcia would be nice on our team.

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2013, 11:53:14 AM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
https://mobile.twitter.com/OpinasobreNBA/status/287929600825245696/photo/1

I repeat: I dont know the account and i dont believe. It's just for talkin'

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2013, 12:21:07 PM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.

Lakers are getting way too much just for giving up Pau. Brooks, Hayes, Thorton AND Robinson. That's crazy.. not to mention I hate giving up Bradley, Sully, AND Jet. just not a fan of this move.
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2013, 12:23:40 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

Lakers are getting way too much just for giving up Pau. Brooks, Hayes, Thorton AND Robinson. That's crazy.. not to mention I hate giving up Bradley, Sully, AND Jet. just not a fan of this move.

They are getting redundant pieces in return for a starting PF. I can't see how this is getting too much in return.

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2013, 12:30:48 PM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.

They are getting redundant pieces in return for a starting PF. I can't see how this is getting too much in return.

Brooks is a starting caliber pg, Thorton is a starting caliber shooting guard, Hayes is a pretty decent bench big man, and Robinson was just the 5th overall pick in this years draft. That's a lot to be getting in return for your 32 year old, over the hill power forward who's stock is already low because he's not going to get much run under D'antoni in LA.

But in all honesty, I just don't want LA to be deep..
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2013, 01:48:56 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

Brooks is a starting caliber pg, Thorton is a starting caliber shooting guard, Hayes is a pretty decent bench big man, and Robinson was just the 5th overall pick in this years draft. That's a lot to be getting in return for your 32 year old, over the hill power forward who's stock is already low because he's not going to get much run under D'antoni in LA.

But in all honesty, I just don't want LA to be deep..

I don't rank Brooks any higher than someone like Ramon Sessions. a streaky scorer at best. Moreover, Lakers already have Nash, and anyone not named Nash won't be getting a ton of minutes. They have Steve Blake for that job.
Hayes is decent, but I'm not into the idea of starting a 6-foot-6 guy in place of Pau Gasol, nor Thomas Robinson has shown anything significant to be relevant to a title run playing big minutes.
Not to mention all Thornton does is shooting, and he will be backing up a player logging almost 39 mpg as of now.

I can see none of these guys helping the Lakers to win a title this season.

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2013, 10:36:34 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Demarcus Cousins in the last 3 games:

Tonight vs Washington: 12 pts, 4 Rebounds, .625 FG%, 0.50 FT%, 1 assist, 1 block, 2 steal, 3 Turovers
vs Denver: 3 pts, 2 rebounds, 0.167 FG%, 0.500 FT%, 4 assists, 4 steals, 2 turovers
vs OKC: 14 points, 8 rebounds, 0.375 FG%, 0.667 FT%, 3 steals, 7 turnovers
vs PHX: 15 points, 15 rebounds, 0.389 FG%, 0.00 FT%, 6 turnovers

not really superstar numbers there.  I'm most shocked by his field goal percentage