Author Topic: Cousins / Multi-team trade is the only way  (Read 8579 times)

Cousins / Multi-team trade is the only way
« on: January 01, 2013, 01:31:16 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
Outgoing / Why / Where

Sactown:

Cousins
Obvious

Evans
Sactown is not going to pony up to re-sign him with Sactown losing $$$...DA has always liked him...you can always dream, right?

Salmons
He is the Kings oldest and highest paid player, ie, salary dump
He will back-up the Capt

Boston:

Bradley
Already considered one of the best ,if not the best, defenders in the NBA...Sactown is already stacked at SG

Sullinger
Could be a border-line All-Star...high character and glue guy...Sactown is already stacked at PF

Melo
Asset

Green
Sactown will get 7 years younger at SF at the same money as Salmons albeit for 2 more years

Bass
Young, borderline starter, locked in at decent money...plus...no issues...

Lee
Young, borderline starter, locked in at decent money...plus...no issues...

The "X" factor is the 3rd and possibly 4th team...

Any ideas?

What if Det traded eithor Monroe or Drummond to Sactown with Bradley and Evans going to Det?  Does Dumars see himself in Bradley?  Maybe Det throws in Knight or Stuckey?  Bradley and Evans are both combo guards but so were DJ and Ainge...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 01:44:55 PM by rutzan »

Re: Cousins / Multi-team trade is the only way
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 01:49:17 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I like your analysis but I am not so sure that a third team is must.  As you noted, I think the key for them is the Green for Salmons part of the trade.  This should be viewed as an upgrade for them (although that is debatable depending on where you come down on Green right now) and it certainly gets them younger.  If they are not sold on Green, I don't think we have much chance.

As far as their needs, Sac actually has a pretty balanced roster.  They would probably want size back since they are giving up Cousins so that pulls you towards Melo and/or Sullinger.

If Evans could some how be included in the trade, they would suddenly not be so stacked at SG but they would still have Thornton and Garcia.  I don't see much else on our roster that they would be interested in.

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 02:01:47 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
I gave you a TP for an analysis of the Boston trade chips - but I would not be interested in Cousins.

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 02:33:20 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I like your analysis but I am not so sure that a third team is must.  As you noted, I think the key for them is the Green for Salmons part of the trade.  This should be viewed as an upgrade for them (although that is debatable depending on where you come down on Green right now) and it certainly gets them younger.  If they are not sold on Green, I don't think we have much chance.

As far as their needs, Sac actually has a pretty balanced roster.  They would probably want size back since they are giving up Cousins so that pulls you towards Melo and/or Sullinger.

If Evans could some how be included in the trade, they would suddenly not be so stacked at SG but they would still have Thornton and Garcia.  I don't see much else on our roster that they would be interested in.

I feel that any talk of Jeff Green to Sacramento is unrealistic. The Maloofs are trying to sell that team, they're not going to want to take back any longterm financial contracts. When you factor in that the only consistent thing Jeff does is underperform, I just have a hard time seeing Sac have any interest in him.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 02:37:09 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
green works when you factor in evans...you have to look at combined contracts and the ever so brought up salary floor...green at $9M...salmons at $8M...evans at $6M...whether they re-sign him or S&T him...they still have to spend the $$$

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 02:39:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Isn't this the exact same trade you proposed in a different thread?

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 02:41:03 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
no...this is a multi-team trade as the title suggests...also...this proposal has bradley possibly going to det with evans also possibly going to det...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 02:46:31 PM by rutzan »

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 02:46:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
But it is still the exact same players involved for both the Celtics and Kings with you wanting the players from the Kings coming here.

So in essence, it is the same trade because the Celtics are still giving up the same players and receiving the same players.

This trade isn't going to work whether you include more teams or not. Your reasoning of Evans being given up for next to nothing is just not plausible.

I can see Evans and Cousins being moved, but only in two different trades going to different teams while scoring a load for each. They are too talented, too young and too valuable to be given away to the same team for the mediocre prospects and role players the Celtics have to offer.

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 02:47:55 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
please read the original post again:

Evans
Sactown is not going to pony up to re-sign him with Sactown losing $$$...DA has always liked him...you can always dream, right?

What if Det traded eithor Monroe or Drummond to Sactown with Bradley and Evans going to Det?  Does Dumars see himself in Bradley?  Maybe Det throws in Knight or Stuckey?  Bradley and Evans are both combo guards but so were DJ and Ainge...

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 02:52:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I read it. Its not happening.

Evans is only a restricted free agent next year. If he signs somewhere else, the Kings can match or work out a sign and trade because they are under the cap.

If he takes the qualifying offer, he is still Kings property for another year. They are not just going to lose Evans for nothing next year.

And reports are out that Detroit now has no interest in trading for Cousins or giving up Drummond or Monroe.

Your whole scenario is off based and never going to happen. You were told this repeatedly in the last thread.

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 02:53:34 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Cousins shoots 40.9%. There is no team in the NBA which has a starting Center shooting below 45% that has a winning record.

A dominant Center changes the game - for good or ill. If he sucks, then opposing defenses sag off coverage, and leave it to him to blow it. ...it's only two points. At ~40%, that's .8 points per attempt, The C's shoot 46.1% without Cousins. ...he would make us worse.

We do not want him on the team. I am ignoring the head-case issues.

What am I missing here?

Sorry, but

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 02:55:12 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown

Evans is only a restricted free agent next year. If he signs somewhere else, the Kings can match or work out a sign and trade because they are under the cap.

If he takes the qualifying offer, he is still Kings property for another year. They are not just going to lose Evans for nothing next year.

And reports are out that Detroit now has no interest in trading for Cousins or giving up Drummond or Monroe.

Your whole scenario is off based and never going to happen. You were told this repeatedly in the last thread.

what does this exactle mean that i was told repeatedley?

am i being scolded or slapped on the wrist?

is it permissible to respectfully ask this question?

i am trying to figure out celtics blog etiquette...

thank you

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 02:59:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

is it permissable to respectfully ask this question?
It means, why start another thread to discuss the same exact extremely unlikely and implausible trade when multiple people have already poked so many holes in the trade to show how unlikely and implausible it was in another thread.

And I am not scolding you or slapping you on the wrist. I am just telling you what it is. How you take that is completely up to you.

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 03:02:31 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown

It means, why start another thread to discuss the same exact extremely unlikely and implausible trade when multiple people have already poked so many holes in the trade to show how unlikely and implausible it was in another thread.

And I am not scolding you or slapping you on the wrist. I am just telling you what it is. How you take that is completely up to you.

no worries...it is not exactly the same and i thought it was plausible...you know the agree to disagree agreeably...i guess that is the great thing about America...freedom of speech...is that ok to say...thanks...

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2013, 03:05:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

no worries...i thought it was plausible...i guess that is the great thing about America...freedom of speech...is that ok to say...thanks...
Also, in the rules there's something about not opening multiple threads on the same subject and not posting the same questions and proposals in different threads.

Not the most highly enforced rules but just to let you know, if you open more trade proposals regarding Cousins proposing the exact same trade, expect the threads to be merged. This happens all the time.