Author Topic: Divide In The Locker Room  (Read 11466 times)

Re: Divide In The Locker Room
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2013, 11:15:02 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I don't know who is taking the losses lightly
Jeff Green is the first name that comes to mind. Maybe Bass. Barbosa.

Those are my guesses.
Why exactly is Barbosa a problem? He hasn't been part of the rotation for weeks. Green? Bass? Have you ever seen Jeff Green and Brandon Bass laugh and joke about anything ever? I haven't.

My first guesses would be Paul Pierce and Jason Terry.

Pierce always seems devastated after the losses.

I really don't think this is really the issue with the team tho. I think a lot has to do with Doc talking about how guys don't realize that its hard to win an NBA against anyone in the league. It feels like guys go out there and casually play assuming that its good enough to win. But on any given night if Isiah Thomas or John Salmons plays harder than you, they are certainly good enough to beat you.

To me it feels like Lee, Green, Bass, Terry are just so passive. They aren't trying tonmess up and just kind of blending in. Even tho I wasn't huge fans if them being passive was never an issue for guys like Pietrus, Dooling, Nate, Baby, Sheed, among others. I mean even Sasha and quis weren't that passive.

Bradley isn't passive which should help but yeah to me these guys just haven't figured out how to be consistently good. They either are trying to be overly aggressive with no flow ir they just sit back and swing the ball around.

That's why Bradley will be refreshing and why Barbosa and Wilcox can be so refreshing sometimes.

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2013, 11:25:35 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Sorry I just can't see guys making millions laughing about losing being an asset to a team. This has the effect of dividing the team , making other guys who care more sore at those who think its funny.

NBA is serious business.  Go home and laugh all you want ....if you team plays like dog flop , don't party in my locker room after blowouts.

Dump em Danny

I'm hoping this is all just a rumor or hear say.  I really don't see people standing aroundDoc or KG and laughing at a loss.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 11:36:05 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2013, 11:30:46 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
To me it feels like Lee, Green, Bass, Terry are just so passive.

People keep saying this but I don't really know what they mean by passive.  How are Lee and Bass passive?  If Green had the exact same production but was more animated, would he still be passive?  And Terry certainly isn't passive, he just sucks on defense.

Again, I think it's a little unfair to place all or most of the blame on the new guys.

Mike

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2013, 11:33:00 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

People keep saying this but I don't really know what they mean by passive.  How are Lee and Bass passive?  If Green had the exact same production but was more animated, would he still be passive?  And Terry certainly isn't passive, he just sucks on defense.

Again, I think it's a little unfair to place all or most of the blame on the new guys.

Mike

By passive I would consider not actively looking for your own shot, not diving to the floor for loose balls, not fighting in the paint for rebounds, not hustling every single play to stay in front of your man. I think Green, Bass, and Lee fit into this description, although Lee has gotten better.

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2013, 11:45:55 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Mike

By passive I would consider not actively looking for your own shot, not diving to the floor for loose balls, not fighting in the paint for rebounds, not hustling every single play to stay in front of your man. I think Green, Bass, and Lee fit into this description, although Lee has gotten better.

Well, outside of looking for your own shot, I'd say Paul Pierce is about as guilty of the rest of that stuff as Green, Bass or Lee.

Mike

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2013, 11:50:17 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Mike

Well, outside of looking for your own shot, I'd say Paul Pierce is about as guilty of the rest of that stuff as Green, Bass or Lee.

Mike

I agree. At times, Rondo is guilty of it too. I would also add yelling at the refs after a non-foul call instead of running back on defense to that list.

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2013, 12:07:38 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker

Mike

Mike

It doesn't have to do with their demeanor. Like I said i didn't think Marquis os Sasha we're passive for this team. Neither were JaJuan Johnson or Etuan Moore.

Maybe passive isn't the right word but they just look out of wack/lost confidence. I expected Terry to be flat out good. I thought he would at least be the focal point of the second unit and at times maybe shoot ourselves out of a game but at least consistently running that unit and carrying the load. He's just been bad. Lee looks like he never wants to shoot a corner 3 and will almost always pass up a shot. Bass looks like he's lost confidence in his bread and butter jumper and looks shakes taking that now.

I think Jeff Green has been the least passive actually.

What do u mean blaming the new guys? Bass and Green have been on the team. I praised Barbosa who's new. Sully doesn't really count in my book because being a rookie. I think Pierce has been bad especially of late but he looks to be similar as in the past just dropped off eight now as far as production. He still looks berth comfortable out there  even when he plays bad.

Im also putting some of the blame on Doc. He hasn't been putting those guys in the best position to succeed either.

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2013, 12:12:32 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
So guys react differently to losses?  Shocker.  Guys react differently to different things.  That doesn't mean there's a "locker room divide".

Washburn is probably the least credible beat writer in recent memory.  Until there are actual reports of chemistry problems -- rather than Washburn reading the tea leaves because some guys are smiling and some guys are angry -- I think this is a non-story.

+1000000

and TP
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2013, 12:14:37 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
So guys react differently to losses?  Shocker.  Guys react differently to different things.  That doesn't mean there's a "locker room divide".

Washburn is probably the least credible beat writer in recent memory.  Until there are actual reports of chemistry problems -- rather than Washburn reading the tea leaves because some guys are smiling and some guys are angry -- I think this is a non-story.

I recognize that you're ever-the-optimist here, ...

You are talking about ... Roy?

;D
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2013, 12:32:19 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

While I agree this is not the story, I do think there is a story in there.  There are pretty clearly chemistry and leadership issues with this team.  But it is something that we need someone like Jackie MacMullen to look into, not a hack like Washburn. 

« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2013, 12:54:05 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker

While I agree this is not the story, I do think there is a story in there.  There are pretty clearly chemistry and leadership issues with this team.  But it is something that we need someone like Jackie MacMullen to look into, not a hack like Washburn.

I don't know about that. Jackie mac embellishes like crazy in her article as well. She also is good at making non stories stories.

Im sorry but media people in general kind of suck

« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2013, 01:02:33 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
As a former daily newspaper reporter, this line of thinking drives me crazy. Media people in general don't suck.

Second, reporters are always under pressure to produce stories. Even more so in this digital era when it's no longer important to be right, but to be first -- even if you are wrong. So, Washburn heard a few things and put a story together that probably has some credence. As has been mentioned earlier, he seems to be the first or one of the first to nail the Ray thing.

While I do not think this is a huge story, clearly there is something here. And, in my opinion, it might be part of the reason the team is playing like crap right now.

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2013, 01:04:21 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I don't know about that. Jackie mac embellishes like crazy in her article as well. She also is good at making non stories stories.

Im sorry but media people in general kind of suck

She embellishes, but she tends to find an actual story, rather than just throwing quotes against a wall. 

She also has more of a rapport with some of the players, to get deeper into it. 

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2013, 01:05:16 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
more often than not, when a talented team in any sport plays like crap, and there are no major injuries, it's likely due to internal conflict between players. Sure, the head coach always gets blamed first and most, but it's almost always the players not working together.

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2013, 01:08:30 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
As a former daily newspaper reporter, this line of thinking drives me crazy. Media people in general don't suck.

Okay, so only 99.9% suck  ;)