Author Topic: BOS/TOR  (Read 3981 times)

BOS/TOR
« on: January 01, 2013, 08:24:13 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Trade for Andrea Bargnani ???

Brandon Bass
Courtney Lee

for

Andrea Bargnani
Aaron Gray

Re: BOS/TOR
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 08:51:11 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I don't want anything to do with Bargnani due to his poor team defense and rebounding.

I'd prefer to concentrate on frontcourt players who will improve those areas (team D, rebounds) of the team.

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 09:28:06 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I don't want anything to do with Bargnani due to his poor team defense and rebounding.

I'd prefer to concentrate on frontcourt players who will improve those areas (team D, rebounds) of the team.

I understand, but talent wise offensively he's way ahead than Bass. He can score, and if you'd give me him over Bass, I'd take Bargs.

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 09:58:29 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I like it. Bargnani is closest thing I have seen to Dirk. His value is at an alltime low right now Raptors have been winning without him. So its very realistic trade.

Can you do Kleiza instead of Gray to bolster up 3 point shooting?

TP.

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 10:44:56 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

He's a poor C if we go by traditional center definition, I agree. But he's talented. In fact, he's more talented than all of our bigs combined aside from KG and if we judge by this scenario, he'll be coming in for cheap.

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 11:00:47 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Hate it. Our problem is lack on interior rim protector/inside intimidator. (Isiah Thomas getting nine open layups when starting at the top of the key is completely unacceptable.) bargnani would be terrible in that fit. Plus he's a terrible rebounder. Our offense is fine it's our defense that needs a jolt.

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 11:12:07 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
Hate it. Our problem is lack on interior rim protector/inside intimidator. (Isiah Thomas getting nine open layups when starting at the top of the key is completely unacceptable.) bargnani would be terrible in that fit. Plus he's a terrible rebounder. Our offense is fine it's our defense that needs a jolt.

look at this way: Celtics are basically replacing Bass 4 Bargnani. A wash defensively they both suck, but Andrea is head and shoulders better offensive player.

I'm not as worried about his defense because you have Garnett and to lesser degree Fab Melo who will be Tyson Chandler to Dirk (Bargnani)

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 11:18:57 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

But over Bass though. Id take his flaws which I think is still salvagable over Bass. If anything he can be our Iso guy when the play breaks down so we dont have to rely on Pierce all the time.

I wouldnt do it if they are taking Sully or Fab, but for Bass? Thats easy. Doubt Toronto would do this though.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 03:34:43 PM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
I post the same idea a few weeks ago, but it seems most people here don't like Bargnani's game.

In my opinion it's doable, Bargnani will give us another offensive weapon, his defense is poor but not beyond help. Bass was a poor defender before he came to Boston.

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 03:53:25 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
The raptors will get a better deal than Bass and Lee for Bargniani. I believe he will be traded though.

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 04:03:28 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
The raptors will get a better deal than Bass and Lee for Bargniani. I believe he will be traded though.

Whats with Celtics fans always devaluing their own? Bass and Lee are two quality ballers not chopped liver.

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 04:24:11 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Whats with Celtics fans always devaluing their own? Bass and Lee are two quality ballers not chopped liver.

I agree that they are not chopped liver.  But I also think Bargnani is better than he is giving credit for.  He has had a tough couple years, as he has basically had no help in Toronto.

Put him on a quality team, who can mask some of his weaknesses, and I think he would be a VERY dangerous weapon as a second or third option offensively. 

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 04:26:11 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
If Toronto agrees the celtics have to make this trade. It is fare from perfect but the talent up grade is undeniable. With Bargniani's contract length being the same as KGs the Cs maintain their long term flexibility.

The addition of Bargniani would make our big man rotation KG, Barg, Sully Collins, Wilcox. This is fare from ideal defensively. However if the Cs can get back to playing solid team D I could see Bargs improving as a team defender. He has good foot speed and length for his size and this should make him at least comparable to Bass on defense. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 05:25:01 PM »

Offline Accension13

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 5
Bargnani is not the perfect center,  but he is better than anybody the c's have outside of kg. Additionally, the c's don't have much to offer a team outside of Rondo and maybe Pierce that will get them the ideal center.  Bargnani may be cheap now,  but even he may require the team throw in one of its young assets like sully or Bradley. 

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 05:28:17 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

It's not that Bass and Lee are bad, it's that Bargniani is much better. Things don't usually work this way that you get a very good player for two average players. You get players like Bargniani for picks and prospects or for an equal player.

I see too many trades on here where people think we can sum up the talents of Lee and Bass and get one player that equals their combined talent, which is not how things go.