Author Topic: Celtics Needs Going Forth  (Read 6123 times)

Celtics Needs Going Forth
« on: January 01, 2013, 12:41:14 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
There biggest immediate need is a fresh start. Simply put the 2012 portion of this season was a disaster puntuated by the California catastrophe. The psyche of the team appears to be severely damaged. This discouragement has led to poor efforts when things go badly. They have to fight very hard and this team simply is not interested in fighting for victories.

Technically, they have deficiencies in critical attributes of physical size, strength, and speed. So there is only two things that work to their advantage: smarts amd compwtitive heart. Both were on full display for a while last spring and the result was nearly a series victory over the Heat and a trip to the NBA finals.

So Danny and Doc brought back Pierce and KG along with Rondo. But they lost Ray Allen and so far do not have Avery Bradley. Even with Avery Bradley, this team lacks the talent to xompete for an NBA title. We need to build a team with our 2014 starters of Rondo Bradley Jeff Green Jared Sullenger and Fab Melo.

I would not be opposed to Doc going young and Danny trading off hia veteran role players for  cap filler and draft picks. This year is lost in my opinion and we should build the next great Celtic team. The only problem I see is that Rondo will sour if KG and or Pierve were traded.  Is trading Rondo 1st a possibility?

The beatings will continue until morale improves

Re: Celtics Needs Going Forth
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 02:26:19 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
i refuse to believe that the season is a loss until it is mathematically impossible for us to make playoffs. Until the time happens im gonna believe and hope that this team can turn it around. I wouldnt really want to up vets for picks this year, Pretty sure the draft doesnt look fantastic

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 02:45:31 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
i refuse to believe that the season is a loss until it is mathematically impossible for us to make playoffs. Until the time happens im gonna believe and hope that this team can turn it around. I wouldnt really want to up vets for picks this year, Pretty sure the draft doesnt look fantastic

That is fine but the expectations are lowered.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 08:08:48 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
So Danny and Doc brought back Pierce and KG along with Rondo. But they lost Ray Allen and so far do not have Avery Bradley. Even with Avery Bradley, this team lacks the talent to xompete for an NBA title. We need to build a team with our 2014 starters of Rondo Bradley Jeff Green Jared Sullenger and Fab Melo.

This is simply not true.  We have 4 of the 5 starters from last years team that nearly made the NBA Finals.  Yes, the team that nearly slayed the almighty Miami Heat.

This team has plenty of talent.  It lacks a few key components so far.  AB coming back is huge...the defense will improve immediately.  Rondo hopefully will benefit from AB being there as well since they had ridiculous chemistry last year.

Sullinger has proven his worth so far this year.  He is a better player than Bass, and should get most of his minutes.  Jeff Green should get the rest at the 4.  Bass must accept a reduced role.  I say this as someone who likes Bass' game and thought he was awesome for us last year. But I think Bass is redundant and should be moved with Courtney Lee and Melo or draft picks for a youngish-veteran PF or C who can defend and rebound.

The team is fine talent wise. 

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 10:42:44 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

This is simply not true.  We have 4 of the 5 starters from last years team that nearly made the NBA Finals.  Yes, the team that nearly slayed the almighty Miami Heat.

This team has plenty of talent.  It lacks a few key components so far.  AB coming back is huge...the defense will improve immediately.  Rondo hopefully will benefit from AB being there as well since they had ridiculous chemistry last year.

Sullinger has proven his worth so far this year.  He is a better player than Bass, and should get most of his minutes.  Jeff Green should get the rest at the 4.  Bass must accept a reduced role.  I say this as someone who likes Bass' game and thought he was awesome for us last year. But I think Bass is redundant and should be moved with Courtney Lee and Melo or draft picks for a youngish-veteran PF or C who can defend and rebound.

Last year= lockout shortened season, Rose out for season, Bosh out for most of ECF. If all of those things happen again, this can be just like last year. Also, Jeff Green is terrible at the 4. 

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 10:44:22 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
IMHO we should look to add in no particular order:

A long ultra athletic big like Larry Sanders. Must be  legit 6-11 minimum with shot blocking skills. Doesnt need to be a long range jumpshooter.

A long and athletic wing/guard that can play multiple positions and shoot moderately well. 15ft jumper would be fine. Must be 6-7+ legit in height.

A tough minded combo guard/ball handler that attacks the basket. Oh wait, we have him  ;) Avery Bradley.

A long and tough defensive minded combo forward (legit 6-9) like Tayshawn Prince.

A down and dirty low block player who plays physical defense, carves out space and rebounds. Minimum height 6-10 and can jump.

"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 11:24:37 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
IMHO we should look to add in no particular order:

A long ultra athletic big like Larry Sanders. Must be  legit 6-11 minimum with shot blocking skills. Doesnt need to be a long range jumpshooter.

A long and athletic wing/guard that can play multiple positions and shoot moderately well. 15ft jumper would be fine. Must be 6-7+ legit in height.

A tough minded combo guard/ball handler that attacks the basket. Oh wait, we have him  ;) Avery Bradley.

A long and tough defensive minded combo forward (legit 6-9) like Tayshawn Prince.

A down and dirty low block player who plays physical defense, carves out space and rebounds. Minimum height 6-10 and can jump.

Larry Sanders. Id give a first rounder for him easy.

Terrence Williams. Not s consistent shooter though, also an inch shorter but can play AND defend 3 poisitions.

AB

James Johnson. Swap Green for him and Thompson. I like that.

This one will be tough. I mean we have Sully...
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 12:46:33 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
what do they need?  a superstar for starters.......

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 01:07:13 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
what do they need?  a superstar for starters.......

They've all been traded and signed or will sign extensions.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 08:54:33 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
This team needs a [dang] CENTER!  They have for the last 2+ seasons.

KG is fine as a fill in (more than fine), but if KG is not free to roam on defense(meaning he needs someone to protect the basket in the meantime) our defense has problems.

This isn't rocket surgery, folks.

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 10:09:15 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359

Last year= lockout shortened season, Rose out for season, Bosh out for most of ECF. If all of those things happen again, this can be just like last year. Also, Jeff Green is terrible at the 4.

by the same token though, if Ray allen/Pierce/stiemsma/Pietrus arent hobbled by injuries, we dont lose Bradley/wilcox

it could be a whole different story last year as well...I dont like the "what if game"....we were playing some pretty amazing basketball the 2nd half of the season

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 10:21:02 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

by the same token though, if Ray allen/Pierce/stiemsma/Pietrus arent hobbled by injuries, we dont lose Bradley/wilcox

it could be a whole different story last year as well...I dont like the "what if game"....we were playing some pretty amazing basketball the 2nd half of the season

They can't take that away, no matter how hard they try.  That was a good team that finished the 2011-2012 season in the seventh game of the ECF.  Folks can keep making all the excuses they want for the other guys, but that turn around did happen.  I saw it.  Others saw it.

2011-2012 was a great season in my book.  I'd love to have that kind of success again this year (and if we get that kind of success . . . why not  just a little . . . bit . . . more .  .  . ?)
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 11:32:39 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Here is what the Celtics need in my humble opinion.

1) Avery Bradley to take Lee's minutes and for Lee to play somewhere else.  Lee is killing the Celtics by not hitting shots and more importantly, being lost on defense.  It seems like every time we need a stop his man gets free back door.  And if I see him watch one more long rebound hit the ground while he stands there waiting for someone else to grab it I think I am going to vomit.

2)  Rim protection from a 5.  This can be a Stiemsma shot blocker type or a tough guy knock you on your butt type.

3)  A long athletic 3/4 defender.  Someone mentioned Prince and he would be a good prototype for what we need.

Bradley takes care of #1.  Then we have two assets of Bass and Lee to get #2 and #3.  We might have to go D-League to get one of them or make due without.

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 12:12:42 AM »

LEHGOCELTICS

That's what we need.

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 12:17:53 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
A starting center. Period.

And a consistent 20 point scorer.