Author Topic: DMC Destinations  (Read 5350 times)

DMC Destinations
« on: December 31, 2012, 08:42:43 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
1)Charlotte
2)Boston
3)Dallas or Orlando

Can someone show me how Dallas or Orlando leapfrogs us or Charlotte?

Are there any other darkhorses out there?

Re: DMC Destinations
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 08:54:27 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
You forgot Sacramento. I still think Cousins is far more likely to stay in Sacramento than he is to leave. For now at least.

Maybe next summer or sometime next season or the summer after that. I think Cousins will leave Sacramento. I just don't think that time has arrived yet. The problems there have been bad but I am not convinced they are ready yet to give up on a big man with as much talent and potential as Cousins has just yet. I think this Kings + Cousins story has another few chapters to play out first.

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 09:09:35 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I thought we were considered the front runners.. No?

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 09:11:13 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
i put charlotte number one so that i do not get my hopes up too high

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 09:12:55 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

With what? The Kings have no need for Pierce/Garnett, Rondo is likely too much, and nobody else is worth anything even remotely close to Cousins.

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 09:18:01 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
teams often think in cycles...first going going for talent...then...going for character...i think the pendulum is swinging now in both directions...sacto tired of the drama wanting young talent and character...that is...bradley, sully...we need superior talent and need to swing for the fences with dmc...the perfect storm...so to speak...sacto is tired of the risk...we need the reward...it's the classic risk vs reward....but you also have the sell high and buy low dynamic...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 09:29:14 PM by rutzan »

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 09:33:25 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283

With what? The Kings have no need for Pierce/Garnett, Rondo is likely too much, and nobody else is worth anything even remotely close to Cousins.
are you kidding me? since when was KG, rondo, or pierce in any of the cousins trade rumors? its been about avery bradley and maybe add sullinger...  both that match cousins salary

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 09:36:22 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

are you kidding me? since when was KG, rondo, or pierce in any of the cousins trade rumors? its been about avery bradley and maybe add sullinger...  both that match cousins salary

I don't agree with the idea that Bradley and Sullinger are enough to get it done. Our players are either not good enough, too good or a terrible fit.

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 11:21:49 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
There is no way to be sure what Sac will take for Cousins.  Question is, do we really want him?  I think Danny makes a low ball pitch and sees where it leads.  While others are maneuvering for Cousins, I hope Danny swoops in and gets Gortat. 

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 11:53:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I'm praying its Boston.  :)

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 12:24:10 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Yeah, I'd agree.

Charlotte seems to have the ability to put together the best package (of the teams rumored to be bidding).  The question is whether or not they acually want Cousins badly enough to give their best offer.

This of course, depends on how deperate Sacramento really is.  The best thing for them is still, somehow, getting Cousins to get his head straight.  I'd be willing to bet Sacramento ends up unhappy with proposals, tries to convince themselves it's still salvagable, and keeps him (for now).

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 01:45:52 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Yeah but where have any "legit" rumors come from? The only mention of sully and or Bradley for cousins I've heard has been from celtics blog.

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 02:53:55 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Yeah, I'd agree.

Charlotte seems to have the ability to put together the best package (of the teams rumored to be bidding).  The question is whether or not they acually want Cousins badly enough to give their best offer.

This of course, depends on how deperate Sacramento really is.  The best thing for them is still, somehow, getting Cousins to get his head straight.  I'd be willing to bet Sacramento ends up unhappy with proposals, tries to convince themselves it's still salvagable, and keeps him (for now).

I remind all.

Cousins has come back with a renewed purpose and attitude.  How long it lasts remains to be seen, though.

Either way, he has posted some big numbers in the past 5 games.

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 03:38:50 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I think us getting Cousins depends on 1 of 2 things:

1. Sac gives up Tyreke and Cousins for Rondo + something that isn't Bradley, and either it really clicks with Bradley being the defense for Tyreke's score first PG tactics and boston thrives with PP and Tyreke being the scorers/creators and KG/Bradley the defense, and Cousins the rebounder/benefiting from no double teams/better spacing. Or, Tyreke is flipped to a 3rd team that can give up more of a pure PG and wants to take a risk on Tyreke's potential to be a star. This could include Phoenix (Dragic), Toronto (Lowry), Atlanta (Teauge plus something), Milwaukee (Jennings).

2. Sac really likes our youngs, and we are willing to give up Bradley, Sully, and a First for Cousins.

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 03:47:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
why are we on this still??

Sac is not trading Cousins. After the suspension he needed to or needs to mess up one more time. Then we can think about having even a chance to trade for him

Right now, after the suspension matter, Sac has been playing very well. DMC has been playing very well. He is considered their franchise player

You got to give up Rondo for him , and celts won't be doing that