Author Topic: Let's get BIG with Phoenix  (Read 10201 times)

Re: Let's get BIG with Phoenix
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 10:31:09 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Wes Johnson can't play.

Haha yeah that is true. He's a total bust. When you think that Cousins and Monroe were picked in the 3 picks following him it kind of stings.

I'd make the first trade I think, Maybe try to move a 1st and a 2nd instead of two 1sts. I don't want Johnson and certainly not for Green. I think Green has loads more potential.

If we can get Gortat while shedding Bass and Lee I'd part with two firsts. Probably not two firsts and Fab Melo. That is just me though.

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 10:57:29 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I think we'd need to take on Beasley to get Gortat. If we do though, I think the Marcin asking price would not be that much.

If we go Green + Bass and/or Melo we'd probably have Beasley and Gortat. I know Beasley is a tough case, but at worse he can score off the bench. I think he will be kept in check here. And Gortat will boost interior defense for us.

enough with the gortat trades. He's a joke

11 points, 8 rebounds, 1.9 (close to 2) blocks, 53% shooting per game. Good defender inside and on the pick and rolls. Only making close to 7 million a year while still relatively young and has the size that we need.

I know he's no all-star player, but if you're saying that that kind of production is a joke, I'm sorry but I don't find it funny.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 12:09:18 AM by Yoki_IsTheName »
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 01:50:52 AM »

Offline Bombastic Jones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 53
From Bright Side of the Sun trade talk re: Gortat and Boston:

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2012/12/31/3821222/trade-idea-should-the-phoenix-suns-trade-marcin-gortat-to-boston

The original thought was Terry and Melo; most responses said something like Lee, Melo or Sully, and our 2014.  If we could grab Gortat for something between those two proposals I would be doing backflips.

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 03:52:11 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2012/12/31/3821222/trade-idea-should-the-phoenix-suns-trade-marcin-gortat-to-boston

The original thought was Terry and Melo; most responses said something like Lee, Melo or Sully, and our 2014.  If we could grab Gortat for something between those two proposals I would be doing backflips.

God giving up Lee, Sully and a pick would be perfect. I'd hate to lose Sully but I'd rather give him up at this point if we net Gortat in return.
Even Lee, Bass and a first rounder for Gortat and some of their overpaid scraps.
Thanks for the link TP
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 04:21:03 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I'd like to give up none of our youth and only pick(s) for Gortat. I don't think that is unreasonable and I'd be willing to take back one of their bad contracts to do so.

Something like:

Gortat and Beasley
for
Lee, Bass and either [Melo or our 2013 1st rounder]

If they want the 2014 1st they'll have to replace Beasley with Johnson. If they aren't willing to do that I'd probably walk away. Gortat doesn't wow me anyway.

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 04:30:38 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

I honestly dont believe Gortat is the the complete answer but if we only give up Melo and terry......... thats extremerly enticing. I dont see them taking bass as they have scola and morris and beasley that can play the position that being said though they also have dudley and brown struggling to figure out who is the starting 2 as well. Melo terry and a future first rounder is very enticing though

"Frankly, Gortat is not as good of an asset when you consider he needs a new contract really soon."

Also there is this. Gortat would be asking for 10+ mil on his new contract and he would be 31 when that comes round. Sorry but in 2 years time its probably getting to go after a younger more star Centre consider we will have the cap space once Peirce and KG retire (I will cry this day)

Someone like Monroe swings to mind with this idea. I love monroe as a player and would love to get him in green>

A future line up of Rondo Bradley Green Sully Monroe doesnt look that bad on paper. That being said we would probably have to look for a go to scorer who can rip a teams heart out in clutch time.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 04:37:09 AM by Smutzy#9 »

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 07:59:22 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Someone like Monroe swings to mind with this idea. I love monroe as a player and would love to get him in green>

A future line up of Rondo Bradley Green Sully Monroe doesnt look that bad on paper. That being said we would probably have to look for a go to scorer who can rip a teams heart out in clutch time.

Not that I don't like your idea, but we don't have any pieces to get Monroe here. He's playing only around 32 mpg, which isn't that much if you consider his young age, as well, and still he puts up very solid numbers.
Not quite there yet, but I believe he has All-Star potential if he keeps improving.

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 08:34:38 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Id do it even if it means giving Sully, who I think is a great prospect. Gortat will helpb us big time. We need to win now, as much as Sully is a good piece going forward, id give him up if it means we get back on top again.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 10:02:45 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I would trade the following for Gortat

Melo...Suns don't really have a need for Sullinger with the veteran Scola and the young Morris backing him up. Melo would also be able to get major minutes on the Suns, backing up JO, as he is definitely better than Zeller

Lee or Terry...This is tough. Lee has been playing much better of late and I love his size (6-5), youth (27), and athleticism compared to Terry's. However, Terry is a clutch shooter and a proven playoff performer. Plus, he is said to be very good in the locker room. Still, the lack of size of a 3 guard rotation of Rondo, Bradley, and Terry do concern me. If matched up with Miami, who covers Wade when Bradley sits? So I would prefer to part with Terry.

1st rd draft pick...I do not want to part with the 2014 1st rd pick. That class is loaded, while the 2013 one is subpar. I would prefer to give up the 2013 pick, plus a future heavily protected 1st rd pick (say top 25 protected ) instead.

So in a nutshell it would be Melo, Terry, 2013 1st rd pick (non-protected), and 2015-19 1st rd pick (top 25 protected) for Gortat.

We would then be left with one roster spot in which I would use to sign Delonte West to make up for the loss of Terry, as I like West more than Barbosa.

Starters-

KG
Pierce
Gortat
Rondo
Bradley

2nd Unit-

Bass
Green
Sullinger
West
Lee

Deep Bench-

Wilcox
Barbosa
Collins

Maine-

Joseph

Sent packing when a target/good piece becomes bough out-

Varnado

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 10:14:05 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I think Gortat will be traded before trade deadline..if we cant get Cousins then hoping we get Gortat
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 11:48:56 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Thanks for posting this - TP. It's always nice to see what the other side thinks, but they are crazy if they think we need to give up Bradley, Sullinger, and a 1st round pick. Though, I do agree that Lee would need to be involved over Terry - for both teams. I also wouldn't mind taking on Beasley.

My favorite quote in the comments section - "Rondo is a competent but not great playmaker." - REALLY??

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 12:24:36 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Thanks for posting this - TP. It's always nice to see what the other side thinks, but they are crazy if they think we need to give up Bradley, Sullinger, and a 1st round pick. Though, I do agree that Lee would need to be involved over Terry - for both teams. I also wouldn't mind taking on Beasley.

My favorite quote in the comments section - "Rondo is a competent but not great playmaker." - REALLY??

Yeah, haha!

Who do they think they will get for Gortat.  If his contract had a few more years on it, I might be inclined to give up more, but he'll likely just end up being a 2 year rental for us.

Lee, Sully, Melo and 2013 1st Rd pick is the best I would offer.  Bradley is absolutely off-limits in any deal for Gortat.  Also, no way would I give them a 1st Rd pick from any future years.  Gortat is not worth a lottery pick, no team will give up that for him.

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2013, 06:17:57 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Gotart for Green and Wilcox

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 06:33:44 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I wouldn't give up Terry in a Gortat deal... Terry is the one guy on our bench who has the stones and experience in winning a championship... he LIT Miami up during that championship season when it MATTERED MOST! Guy was cold blooded, we are going to need that (no matter how he struggles at times during the regular season)! I would rather give up Green b/c while he is one of the most important bench players (especially against the LeBroids, Melo, Durants of the world)... I don't trust him to step up during the big moments, he isn't even doing it in the regular season!

I would do something like Lee/FAB and a pick or so. I don't want to give up FAB, I am a huge fan... but if you are looking to win this year and even next, you have to do it b/c Fab isn't helping anytime soon (he could help now but not championship level)! I'll even do a Lee/Bass. Then I would seriously consider a Lee/Sully deal (yes, I would give up Sully b4 Jet)!

Now, with all that said... to me, it's a NON-STARTER if they mention AB for Gortat... it's a NO and I hangup the phone!!

Garnett is my favorite but AB is riding pretty close to Genie!!

Wait, let me be clear, if the organization thinks it's better for the team then I'm willing (through tears) to say goodbye to ANY player... I'm not a player fan anymore, it's Celtics all day for me, since Shaq retired. I just hope they keep my favs until the wheels fall off! LOL
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2013, 06:40:15 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
If I recall correctly, there was a good deal of rumblings that Jermaine O'Neal wasn't very liked by his teammates.