Author Topic: Let's get BIG with Phoenix  (Read 10198 times)

Let's get BIG with Phoenix
« on: December 31, 2012, 05:31:41 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Two scenarios here:
1)
Phoenix IN: Courtney Lee, Brandon Bass, Fab Melo,Jason Collins, 2013 1st round pick, 2015 first round pick
Phoenix OUT: Marcin Gortat, Beasley, Jermaine Oneal

Boston IN: Marcin Gortat, Michael Beasely, Jermaine Oneal
Boston OUT: Courtney Lee, Brandon Bass, Fab Melo,Jason Collins 2013 1st round pick + 2015 1st round pick

2)
Phoenix IN: Jeff Green, Courtney Lee, Brandon Bass, Fab Melo,Jason Collins, 2013 1st round pick,2014 first round pick
Phoenix OUT: Marcin Gortat, Beasley, Jermaine Oneal, Wes Johnson

Boston IN: Marcin Gortat, Michael Beasely, Jermaine Oneal, Wes Johnson
Boston OUT: Jeff Green, Courtney Lee, Brandon Bass, Fab Melo,Jason Collins 2013 1st round pick+2014 1st round pick

Money is almost right, maybe a few fillers needed...we choose from Johnson or Beasley to give us Green's production and we keep Sully and Bradley while getting huge.

Does Phoenix pick up the phone to either? This makes them very thin at center, and probably in need of a lottery visit..But that's the point, they get Lee and Bass on friendly deals which they can use as part of a rebuild and they dump Beasley's deal.

We get HUGE, there are mixed feelings about Jermaine, but he's not the starting C in this scenario, he can come in and do what he was supposed to do, give us rim protection and tough defense when KG is off and relieve Gortat....JO is playing like his late Pacer days with his knees fixed- it's amazing. PER of 18.3 haha.
Gortat and JO at center, with KG and Sully at PF.

So we keep Bradley and Sully, whilst gambling that between Johnson and Beasley we can replace Green's bench work.
Lose Bass, but get JO and Gortat inside.

line up:

PG Rondo/Barbosa
SG Bradley/Terry/Johnson
SF Pierce/Johnson/Beasley
PF KG/Sullinger/Wilcox
C  Gortat/Oneal/Wilcox/KG
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 06:01:22 PM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: Let
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 05:35:54 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Two firsts?

For me I say no thanks. I'm not willing to give up future assets to help this sinking ship.

Note:(I think this team is done and it's time to blow it up. I also can see why a person who still has faith would want to do this.)

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 05:38:36 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
What, is Beasley on the timeshare plan, so no team has to deal with him more than 50% of the time?

I don't give away what could be the C's two best picks of the decade for another desperate boost out of mediocrity this year--and I don't think Danny does either.

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 05:43:12 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
You can't trade firsts in consecutive future years.  The second pick would have to be in 2015.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 05:46:10 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
Two firsts?

For me I say no thanks. I'm not willing to give up future assets to help this sinking ship.

Note:(I think this team is done and it's time to blow it up. I also can see why a person who still has faith would want to do this.)
What, is Beasley on the timeshare plan, so no team has to deal with him more than 50% of the time?

I don't give away what could be the C's two best picks of the decade for another desperate boost out of mediocrity this year--and I don't think Danny does either.

Well we probably have to give up at least one pick to get Gortat.
Jermaine and Johnson are both one year deals. We are taking Beasley off their hands but keeping Sully and Bradley.
It's nice to think of what those two picks could become but I'm trying to think of ways to get a legitimate center to put next to KG and protect the rim when he's out- Gortat and Jermaine are both good at this.
We lose Green and the two picks but get Johnson and Beasley. I know Beasley is a moron but perhaps we can help him slightly? I guess even veterans can't fix stoopid but to get us Gortat, Johnson and JO we aren't giving up that much are we?
We also shed Bass and Lee's deals (and many may say thankfully Green's deal too)
I'm not even sure how green my glasses are in this, I'm wondering if Phoenix laughs but Jeff Green +that second pick might be the sweetener here.
Depends if they want our solid, cheap contracts during a rebuild. They're tightasses and they do like Courtney Lee and Green.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 05:46:52 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
You can't trade firsts in consecutive future years.  The second pick would have to be in 2015.

Didn't know this...2015 it will have to be ..
thanks

Re: Let's get BIG with Phoenix
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 05:47:10 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
You lost me at bringing Michael Beasley on board. And im a Cousins guy..

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 05:53:22 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
You lost me at bringing Michael Beasley on board. And im a Cousins guy..
With Wes Johnson we may not need him, and I doubt Beasley's presence in that locker room would have much influence when you think who's in there with him. It's the gamble you have to take.
Put it this way, we get Gortat (great) we lose Lee, Bass and Green's long term deals (great) and take on Beasley's.(not so great)
Helps us rebuild quicker and gives Beasley a real veteran locker room. We could make him a decent sixth man.

Take Beasley out of it and think of Gortat, Johnson and JO as part of the major rotation in the playoffs.

Don't forget we are keeping Sully and Bradley too.

PG Rondo/Barbosa
SG Bradley/Terry/Johnson
SF Pierce/Johnson/Beasley
PF KG/Sullinger/Wilcox
C  Gortat/Oneal/Wilcox/KG
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 05:58:53 PM by chambers »

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 05:53:30 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
beasley JO and gortat? hahah

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 07:29:16 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Wes Johnson can't play.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 08:06:25 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Would love Gortat. He is the cheapest real quality big out there. However,....

Sarver is one cheap owner and likes picks (which he sometimes sells, see Rajon Rondo) rookie contracts and expirings. He will not want to be saddled with three longterm contracts in Green, Lee and/or Bass, if any of them.

Personally, knowing what we do of Sarver, to get both Beasley and Gortat (and I think that we would have to swallow Beasley to get Gortat, and I would be fine with this)we have to get a 3rd team involved to get Phoenix some expirings to go with one or two of our younguns as well as a pick or two (maybe one first and a second).
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 09:17:57 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 09:40:30 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Even if they gave us Gortat for pennies, I'd probably still be annoyed at trading for JO.

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 09:44:00 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
enough with the gortat trades. He's a joke

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 10:05:33 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

A young (28), cheap (7 mil per), athletic, playoff experienced center who can run the floor, block shots (2 per game), rebound and finish is not a joke.

Collins, Hollins, JO, etc.....they are jokes....not Gortat.

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2012, 10:22:39 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
jeff green 9mil is a joke.  at least Gortat can play.