Author Topic: Solutions  (Read 3033 times)

Solutions
« on: December 31, 2012, 06:07:32 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I've seen a lot of threads/posts complaining about how Green is spending a lot of time at the PF spot where he struggles. I've also seen a lot of threads about how Collins is barely a 5th man on the court. For all of those complaints I just want to say, OUR FRONT COURT FELL APART GIVE US A BREAK. Darko is gone. Wilcox is injured. Bass is struggling and hates the post for some reason. It's basically KG/Collins/Sully at this point and I'm 110% sure that Danny is scouring the land for a warm body who can outperform Collins. For all of you who don't understand why Collins is in the starting unit, it's because he looks less awful when KG does 50% of his job for him. Less liability.

So here is a suggestion. Move Brandon Bass. I'd like to get something for him but really I'd be happy just to have the roster spot and the 6M/yr to spend on an energy guy. Some examples:

DeJuan Blair
Taj Gibson
Anderson Varejao
Reggie Evans
Nick Collison
JJ Hickson
Ed Davis

Obviously I want some of those guys more than others but really whatever we can get at this point for Bass and picks. I want a guy who can play PF/C and bring energy, hustle and tenacity. I like Sully but he's not really an energy guy. He's too slow or something. I'm not sure. I think Sully should be starting with KG anyway so having a backup PF who can spark a little

Anyway that would be a big step toward making our 2nd unit better. I also think a legit backup PG would be nice. I guess Terry is going to run the drill when AB gets back as the starter but Terry's passing has been miserable this season so far and if he's leading the bench unit I'm not feeling great about their potential success. I'd rather have someone like Calderon and I'd be willing to give up a pick to get him.

So here is one idea that addresses both issues with one trade:

Bass/Lee + Celtics 2013 1st rounder
for
Calderon/Davis

That gives us:

Rondo/Calderon
Bradley/Terry
Pierce/Green
Sully/Davis
KG/Collins

(For the record I'd take Aaron Gray but I'm keeping our 1st rounder in that case.)

I'd like to see more solutions here rather than the pity party or griping that have been all over this blog lately. We're Celtics through the Doc years and the Pitino years. How can we improve? Will it just take time? Is there something or someone we should target? Post your idea and try to be realistic. Let's fix it so Danny can just come here, read our genius solutions and win #18.

Re: Solutions
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 06:12:20 AM »

Offline illestmcsgt

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
How does this make us any better? It doesn't address the main issue which is rebounding. We need a true center not a replacement for Bass. If you gonna come into my thread and criticize my trade idea at least come up with something better.

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 06:23:41 AM »

Offline toine83

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 6
Jason Thompson + Tyreke for Bass + Bradley + filler

Tyreke could be sent to a 3rd team (Charlotte?)

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 06:26:10 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
How does this make us any better? It doesn't address the main issue which is rebounding. We need a true center not a replacement for Bass.

Maybe I don't agree that the main issue is rebounding.
[AND IF I DO]
Maybe I think that Davis is a better rebounder than Bass (he is).
Maybe I think Davis is 2-3 inches taller than Bass (he is).
Maybe I think that Calderon will brick more shots allowing for longer rebounds that favor the offense (he will).

If you gonna come into my thread and criticize my trade idea at least come up with something better.

I did

SOLUTIONS!

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 09:30:41 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

They would be able to land more for Tyreke and JT. That's a really weak offer IMO.

It was suggested already in some other threads, but Gortat and Beasley for Green and Melo/Bass + 2nd rounder is a deal we should go for. I know we nees to take on Beasley's contract but we get a very solid, pure Center that will bolster interior defense. Beasley is no slouch either, although I understand he's a big risk, but at worse he can score. Gortat would really help us right now though.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 09:35:28 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Bass/Lee + Celtics 2013 1st rounder
for
Calderon/Davis
Very bad value for Toronto. They wouldn't make that deal. 

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 09:37:20 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I think if we can get either Verajao or Cousins without giving up Bradley, that could make a huge difference.  Having three excellent defenders in the starting lineup would be sweet... KG, Bradley, Varejao.  Rondo could be the 4th.  He plays well defensively alongside Bradley.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 09:38:59 AM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
Our solution is residing in lob city. Unfortunately, Danny kept his word to JR Giddens despite DeAndre Jordan had somehow fallen to the last pick in the first round. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. Danny's been spot on with his first round picks lately; Bradley, Sullinger, Melo. If only we had kept Marshon Brooks, he could've been a trade asset and had somehow fallen to us in the 2011 draft too.

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 09:39:12 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188

They would be able to land more for Tyreke and JT. That's a really weak offer IMO.

It was suggested already in some other threads, but Gortat and Beasley for Green and Melo/Bass + 2nd rounder is a deal we should go for. I know we nees to take on Beasley's contract but we get a very solid, pure Center that will bolster interior defense. Beasley is no slouch either, although I understand he's a big risk, but at worse he can score. Gortat would really help us right now though.
I'd go with the Gortat/Beasley trade or any trade that can bring energy to our somewhat lazy disinterested team. they are getting harder and harder to watch each game.

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 10:10:15 AM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
I'm having a hard time coming up with even imaginary solutions.

If I was a fan of another team, I'd be pretty furious with my GM if he traded for Lee, Green, Bass, or Terry (LGBT). Those have got to be four of the worst contracts in the association.

And I don't know why anyone would be anything more than ambivalent about a trade for Sullinger, Fab Melo, Barbosa, Collins, or Wilcox.

The only trade piece of any value is Rondo, only we can't trade him because there is literally nobody else on the roster capable of playing the point.

Really the only option is trading for an even worse contract and there aren't many of those left. Even Biedrins and Okafor have more palatable contracts than LGBT. Maybe we can trade Jeff Green for Kendrick Perkins!

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 10:14:58 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I do like the idea of moving either Bass or Sullinger plus another piece or two to get a big man.  I just don't like this front court as constituted.  Too many vulnerabilities in multiple facets of the game right now namely rebounding and defense. 

Would love someone who is more post oriented.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 10:30:36 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
only problem i see is i think nobody wants our player. those wishlist that i've been seeing all over the forum is only attainable if rondo is included as stated by blackbird.

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 11:14:16 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
blow it up

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 11:43:38 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
The Solution is time.

82games.com puts together the stats for specific lineups. http://www.82games.com/1213/1213BOS2.HTM. When looking at the outputs of lineups some things stand out. Mostly that the only negative input lineups involve Collins and Lee. With Bradley and Wilcox coming back these two will have their minutes lessened improving our team greatly.

Everyone has been talking about Bradley leading the Celtics back but people need to realize having Wilcox back will also help a great deal.

At this point I think you have to wait for everyone to come back before you make a trade. You don't want to give up on Avery Bradley or Sullinger to have them mature and have them play better than anyone they would be traded for.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2012, 12:28:37 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Solutions are few , and reason there are few options , is because you can't let players DIE on the VINE, like the Lakers are about to do with Gasol.

When the options runs out that are logical ,  the team has few assets that can be used to bring in new ELITE TALENT.

The payroll is bogged down by outclassed ex stars.   

Without an addition of impact big man or players , the spiral down will get out of control and then the result is a worthless team of assets, poor fan support , ect ect .  ANd BLOW-UP start over whatever is the only solution.