Author Topic: Bobcats Preparing Offer For Cousins  (Read 9736 times)

Re: Bobcats Preparing Offer For Cousins
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2012, 06:09:14 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
C's hesitant to include Bradley in the deal, which makes me happy.

http://www.celticslife.com/2012/12/celtics-see-avery-bradley-as.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So the Celtics are very much in on Cousins, but are hesitant to trade the one guy who might get the trade done.

Blah.

Bradley as a cornerstone?? That's a stretch.

I hate to see the Celtics pass on Cousins because they are in love with an undersized shooting guard who played well for a month or two.

To play devil's advocate: this could also be the Celtics' PR trying to increase Avery's value to the team to increase his trade value.

I like your way of thinking. tp

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2012, 06:12:04 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
who would u guys rather have: Cousins or Bradley?? I think i pick Cousins in a second
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2012, 06:13:56 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
U would u guys rather have: Cousins or Bradley?? I think i pick Cousins in a second

It's not a straight-up deal, though. If it was Bradley for Cousins straight-up I would do it.

But that doesn't even work money-wise.

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2012, 06:16:42 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
U would u guys rather have: Cousins or Bradley?? I think i pick Cousins in a second

It's not a straight-up deal, though. If it was Bradley for Cousins straight-up I would do it.

But that doesn't even work money-wise.
I know its not a straight up deal but alot of ppl on here does not want to include Bradley in a deal..Cousins is a lot better than Bradley..I ask Sac who do they want and I give them to Sac for Cousins..Only untouchable would be KG and Rondo
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2012, 06:34:50 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
David Aldridge:

Many execs around the league have the Celtics and Pistons at the top of the list of Cousins admirers, even after this latest episode. The Boston Scenario goes like this: surely Cousins would straighten up and fly right if he was surrounded by winners; if he had Doc Rivers barking in one ear and KG barking in the other, he'd have no choice but to give in to the Mystique.

Okay.

Still, the Celtics are willing to take the gamble, according to another league source, and embrace the challenge of keeping Cousins on the right path. But if Petrie can't add any payroll, it's hard to see a scenario with Boston that would be enticing for the Kings, unless they're enamored with rookies Jared Sullinger or Fab Melo as centerpieces of a deal.
Including guard Avery Bradley might get a conversation going, but the Cs love Bradley's two-way game and have imagined him a cornerstone of their rebuild; Bradley's rapid development the second half of last season before his shoulder injuries put him on the shelf in the playoffs made it much easier for Boston to absorb Ray Allen's departure.

Pistons huh? I'd assume that means they'd be willing to give up Drummond? And go with a Monroe, Cousins front court.(that's nasty)

Not really. Aldridge also addressed them.

On the other hand, Detroit would have the requisite young, inexpensive talent to send back to Sacramento if it were inclined to take a gamble on Cousins. Third-year emerging star Greg Monroe would certainly get the Kings' attention, as he did before the 2010 Draft. A league source says the Kings took Cousins instead on Westphal's behalf.
"Geoff preferred Greg Monroe" before the 2010 Draft, the source said. "But (Petrie) was a friend of Paul's and he was trying to help him win more right away...when Paul was there, he did a lot of things to try and help him win games, because (former coaches Eric) Musselman and (Reggie) Theus had been such disasters. Paul was a contemporary of Geoff's; he was a smart guy."

Except, Detroit has no interest in him. At least not anymore.

The Pistons certainly were intrigued with Cousins before the 2010 Draft, and tried to move up from the ninth spot to get him. But once Sacramento took him at five, Detroit went for the next highly-rated big on the board in Monroe, and has been quite happy it did so.
Now, the Pistons plan to build around Monroe and rookie center Andre Drummond. There is no chance Detroit would move Monroe and leave itself with Cousins and Drummond -- who, like Cousins, is immensely talented, but has his own growing up to do after a lackluster one-and-done season at Connecticut before entering last year's Draft.

There seems to be a lot of posturing going on. According to this, Detroit is out of the picture. We'll see what happens when the dust settles.