Author Topic: We should not trade for Cousins!!! Better trade idea  (Read 4925 times)

We should not trade for Cousins!!! Better trade idea
« on: December 31, 2012, 05:51:48 AM »

Offline illestmcsgt

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Trade Rondo, Melo, and Collins for Horford and Teague. Why? Because Rondo is the best trade asset we have and he would love to play with Josh Smith. Getting Horford and Teague will make us a better team.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b228rmr

C: Horford
PF: Garnett
SF: Pierce
SG: Bradley
PG: Teague
6th man: Terry
Green
Bass
Lee
Sullinger

All we need to do is sign a center and we should be able to contend again. I don't see why Hawks or Celtics could turn this trade down.

Re: We should not trade for Cousins!!! Better trade idea
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 05:58:12 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
What do you mean by better team? Do you mean the guy who knows and runs our offense plays somewhere else?

It does start the rebuild sooner but it doesn't make us better I don't think. Furthermore ATL probably wouldn't make that trade. Call it a hunch.

I couldn't make a trade work with Atlanta. I looked and everything we'd want they'd ask too much for and everything we'd settle for we'd give up too much. Also they are winning a lot lately.

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 06:07:32 AM »

Offline illestmcsgt

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Everybody wants to trade for Cousins and I feel like Horford would be a better option. He's not a headcase and would play well with Garnett. We get a true center and a point guard in return who is only getting better. How would ATL not accept a trade for one of the best PGs in the league?

This trade works so I don't know how both sides couldn't agree on this. Maybe a draft pick could sweeten the deal for them. Winning teams have made trades in the past so that argument makes no sense.

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 06:21:38 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
Everybody wants to trade for Cousins and I feel like Horford would be a better option. He's not a headcase and would play well with Garnett.

From all of the times I've seen them play together in the past...actually I haven't. Further more people want Cousins because he's young, talented and maybe they can get a deal while his value dips. Horford is not even being shopped so we'd have to sell the store to get him.

We get a true center and a point guard in return who is only getting better. How would ATL not accept a trade for one of the best PGs in the league?

I'm confused about why they'd move a great center and a point guard who is only getting better for our point guard. This is very similar to the Cousins/Evans for Rondo pipe dream. I've had it too, I admit. It's just not realistic (unless Kahn is involved).

This trade works so I don't know how both sides couldn't agree on this. Maybe a draft pick could sweeten the deal for them.

It doesn't work financially. ATL would have to take on at least 2 minimum contracts or we'd have to give up one of our rookies/AB. I'm not saying they wouldn't but the trade doesn't work from that standpoint. Is there another?

Winning teams have made trades in the past so that argument makes no sense.

This is the most infuriating part of your post. Winning teams are less likely to make huge, team changing moves when they are winning. It's not rocket science.

Usually I'm not an ass like this but this post just got under my skin. I like Horford, I really do. I'm just not sure I'm willing to rebuild around a slightly undersized center and an unproven PG. Stranger things have happened but I'm more confident in Rondo than in the Horford/Teague combo for both rebuilding and for competing this year.

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 09:27:00 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Absolutely not. I am not trading Rondo for Horford.

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 09:36:30 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I think ATL wouldnt do it either. We could use a little Pachulia though, for the right price. That dude has a little nasty in him.

Hawks is on record that they are rebuilding, I'd certainly give then a future first and Wilcox's expiring and fillers for Zaza. Yeah, I think he's worth a future 1St, shoot me.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 09:39:32 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

I think ATL wouldnt do it either. We could use a little Pachulia though, for the right price. That dude has a little nasty in him.

Hawks is on record that they are rebuilding, I'd certainly give then a future first and Wilcox's expiring and fillers for Zaza. Yeah, I think he's worth a future 1St, shoot me.

I would rather sign Chris Andersen for a free than give up a first for Zaza.

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 09:40:09 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I don't like it.  Just because Rondo is our best trade asset doesn't mean we should trade him.  We just create a bigger whole for us by trading one of the better point guards in the league.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 09:47:47 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I get what youre saying. But Zaza is relatively young, hard nosed, no slouch on defense and an enforcer type of dude. He wont be blocking a ton of shots but he would certainly give a painful challenge to anyonr who drives the labe. He rebounds well too. A future first rounder I believe is a stretch, but its worth it I believe.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 10:06:03 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

I get what youre saying. But Zaza is relatively young, hard nosed, no slouch on defense and an enforcer type of dude. He wont be blocking a ton of shots but he would certainly give a painful challenge to anyonr who drives the labe. He rebounds well too. A future first rounder I believe is a stretch, but its worth it I believe.
I don't rate Zaza as highly.

I don't like his defense. Zaza's inability to provide adequate defense was the reason Atlanta was forced to play Jason Collins ahead of him on several occasions over the past two seasons. Zaza gives a few hard fouls but he is a poor overall defender.

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 12:15:32 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
Yeah I tend to agree with most of the posts. I can't see a trade with ATL that makes us better unless they gift us Josh Smith for some combination of role players and picks.

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 09:21:44 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Everybody wants to trade for Cousins and I feel like Horford would be a better option. He's not a headcase and would play well with Garnett. We get a true center and a point guard in return who is only getting better. How would ATL not accept a trade for one of the best PGs in the league?

This trade works so I don't know how both sides couldn't agree on this. Maybe a draft pick could sweeten the deal for them. Winning teams have made trades in the past so that argument makes no sense.

Horford isn't really a true Center more of a PF/C but I like him as a player. The reason that it wouldn't be accepted is because if I was Atlanta I wouldn't do the trade.  I give up an All Star Caliber big AND a starting PG for a an All Star caliber PG and 2 big men that won't be anything more than fillers.  Atlantas says NO IMO....   

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 09:33:42 PM »

Offline green7

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
would rather bass,green or lee,first rounder for big al & another piece.

^^^ if that can work

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 09:38:00 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Atlanta has the 3rd best record in the east. Horford is not up for trading. Atlanta would be a mediocre team without horford. They are not trading their best player for our bench scrubs. They are not trading their best player period.

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2013, 09:54:38 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I like Horford -- have for years.  wanted the C's to trade for him on draft night.  having said that, there's no way I'd make that trade if I'm Danny and I have no doubt that Atlanta would do it either. 

Horford isn't really a true center -- more of a PF that they play at C.  like Doc does with KG.

Horford would be preferable to Cousins but I just don't see a deal for either player happening