Author Topic: Solutions  (Read 3037 times)

Re: Solutions
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 05:48:03 PM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
It can't be blown up because players can't just be given away. Not only do other teams not want our players, they are actively avoiding them.

Lee, Bass, Green and Terry have negative value, i.e., you have to trade Rondo to get rid of one, and include a pick if you want to get rid of more than one.

Pierce is not realistically tradeable because of his contract, unless you feel like Joe Johnson is a building block (I assume he's gettable, but hopefully you agree that he is not the solution, and even then I think the Nets would be split whether or not to do it).

KG is literally not tradeable, but I assume he would waive it if Pierce is traded.

Everyone else except Rondo and maybe Bradley has no trade value at all. I think we're gonna stink for a couple years- and stink in the worst way, good enough to avoid the lottery.

The only move of any kind I could see is something like Rondo and Bass for Jennings, Ilyasova, and Dalembert. But I don't know what the point would be because that's still a step backwards for the Celtics.