Author Topic: WEAK RUMOR: Cousins to Boston Almost Done (FB / Twitter sources)  (Read 56262 times)

Re: WEAK RUMOR: Cousins to Boston Almost Done (FB / Twitter sources)
« Reply #210 on: December 31, 2012, 01:37:35 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Today KSR has spoken with a source close to Demarcus Cousins both that confirms trade talks are ongoing and Cousins is hoping a deal will be worked out soon. According to the source, the four teams that are most likely to end up making such a deal for cousins are Boston, Dallas, Orlando and Charlotte. The USA Today story reported that Detroit, Houston and Washington are also potential destinations, but the source tells KSR that Cousins has been told those are all unlikely for a variety of reasons.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=124458

Get it done Danny!!!!!
Its encouraging that most reports from sources list the c's as being either the favorites to land cousins or at the very least having reached out to the kings to make something happen. Something needs to be done immediately. jason Collins is beyond terrible.  Darko could not have been worse than this guy.  Kg needs help down low,  and pierce cannot carrythe team every night.  Cousins is potentially the closest thing to a quick fix tthec's can realistically hope to get
Who would they want though? Green, Bradley and maybe Sully? I don't think any GM is jumping to pick up Lee or Bass given how bad they been. I don't know how salaries work or any of that it seems like we got no shot though and other teams would have better offers if he were to be traded.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #211 on: December 31, 2012, 01:38:54 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Today KSR has spoken with a source close to Demarcus Cousins both that confirms trade talks are ongoing and Cousins is hoping a deal will be worked out soon. According to the source, the four teams that are most likely to end up making such a deal for cousins are Boston, Dallas, Orlando and Charlotte. The USA Today story reported that Detroit, Houston and Washington are also potential destinations, but the source tells KSR that Cousins has been told those are all unlikely for a variety of reasons.

Get it done Danny!!!!!
Its encouraging that most reports from sources list the c's as being either the favorites to land cousins or at the very least having reached out to the kings to make something happen. Something needs to be done immediately. jason Collins is beyond terrible.  Darko could not have been worse than this guy.  Kg needs help down low,  and pierce cannot carrythe team every night.  Cousins is potentially the closest thing to a quick fix tthec's can realistically hope to get
Who would they want though? Green, Bradley and maybe Sully? I don't think any GM is jumping to pick up Lee or Bass given how bad they been

Agree with you on Bass.  Lee is getting a bad rap based on a bad month to start the season, though.  He's been much better lately.

« Reply #212 on: December 31, 2012, 01:40:00 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
You can kiss cousins to Celtics trades goodbye. Cousins dropped triple double on the Celtics. And any trade scenario involving Rondo to the kings forget about them too. Rondo played like hot garbage. His value is plummeting along with Celtics season.

Rondo was also clearly hurt.  He's been statistically the second-best PG in the league this year, only behind CP3.

And how does Cousins recording a triple double mean we can't get him?  You are aware that GM's look at more than one game when making decisions, right?

I'm aware of that. But teams have one chance to see the player in person. Rondo didn't leave a good impression.

Cousins is beast. A triple double adds to his value a top 3 center right now. Kings can opt to keep him as top3 center are hard to find.

« Reply #213 on: December 31, 2012, 02:25:40 AM »

Offline Accension13

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 5

Get it done Danny!!!!!
Who would they want though? Green, Bradley and maybe Sully? I don't think any GM is jumping to pick up Lee or Bass given how bad they been. I don't know how salaries work or any of that it seems like we got no shot though and other teams would have better offers if he were to be traded.

I agree... none of the teams tradable assets are that exciting when u consider cousins talent.  To get him a team will have to come up with a very solid offer. I would consider Bradley, sully, melo, and green to be the minimum requirement for the c's offer to be even considered

« Reply #214 on: December 31, 2012, 02:51:03 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
You can kiss cousins to Celtics trades goodbye. Cousins dropped triple double on the Celtics. And any trade scenario involving Rondo to the kings forget about them too. Rondo played like hot garbage. His value is plummeting along with Celtics season.

Rondo was also clearly hurt.  He's been statistically the second-best PG in the league this year, only behind CP3.

And how does Cousins recording a triple double mean we can't get him?  You are aware that GM's look at more than one game when making decisions, right?

I'm aware of that. But teams have one chance to see the player in person. Rondo didn't leave a good impression.

Cousins is beast. A triple double adds to his value a top 3 center right now. Kings can opt to keep him as top3 center are hard to find.

I maintain that Rondo's poor game and Cousins' good game (in which he still only shot 4-12) have no effect on their trade value.  It's one thing if these games were part of a trend.  But again, Rondo's been the second-best PG in the league this year, and Cousins' triple-double is a clear statistical outlier.

Also, he's averaging 16.5/9.5 while shooting 41% and playing mediocre defense.  He has a lot of potential, but he's not really all that close to a top 3 center yet.