Author Topic: We Do Not Want Demarcus Cousins  (Read 9344 times)

Re: We Do Not Want Demarcus Cousins
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 10:57:43 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
1. Is he already a good center? check.

2. Does he have the potential to be the best center? check.

3. Does he care about winning and will become frustrated if he doesn't? check.

That's all I need to know.

I want him here. So I guess I'm not part of "we" huh?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 12:56:14 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I hardly ever find myself feeling this way about NBA players (or people in general), but to me Demarcus Cousins seems like a really hard guy to root for.

Who knows? Maybe that would change if he were a Celtic?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 01:05:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I hardly ever find myself feeling this way about NBA players (or people in general), but to me Demarcus Cousins seems like a really hard guy to root for.

No harder for me to pull for than, Sheed ? ,   Kobe ( diva ) , Wade (thug) , Howard ( jerk /whinner) , on and on down the line... like most celeb's he has issues , but at least he's agreesive on the court and is young. I'll take Cousin over alot of these guys.

OP...BTW ..WE DO need Cousins to rebuild this crumbling structure.  KG and PP are only getting worse and older everyday.  We need guy who will be getting better , NOT WORSE !! ::)

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2012, 01:20:09 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

No harder for me to pull for than, Sheed ? ,   Kobe ( diva ) , Wade (thug) , Howard ( jerk /whinner) , on and on down the line... like most celeb's he has issues , but at least he's agreesive on the court and is young. I'll take Cousin over alot of these guys.

OP...BTW ..WE DO need Cousins to rebuild this crumbling structure.  KG and PP are only getting worse and older everyday.  We need guy who will be getting better , NOT WORSE !! ::)

I never felt that way about 'Sheed, even before he was a Celtic.   The members of that Pistons squad--Chauncey, Big Ben, Rip, 'Sheed, Prince--will always have a certain hero status to me for the way they came together to take out that stacked Lakers team.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 01:24:55 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

I'm not sure he cares about winning.  I think he just hates Sacramento.  And that frustration?  That's just the way he is, a big baby.  A talented big baby, but nonetheless, a baby.

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 01:28:11 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
It's funny how many people write Cousins off as some kind of "insane" and violence-inclined individual. He's had fights with his coach.....not an exclusive happening, not even within the Boston lineup (See: Rajon Rondo).

I think Cousins has the exact same problem as Rondo. They are sore losers in a competitive kind of way, and need to be a part of winning cultures, because they are used to it. Cousins comes from a National Title, and being one of, if not, the best player on several teams, that had major success.

He's probably experiencing more of a culture-shock than anything. He chose Kentucky. He didn't chose Sacramento (which is also kind of a crap, boring area for a young, rich NBA star, IMO). He seems like a lifestyle kind of guy, maybe a little superficial......along with 90% of NBA players. Is he handling it in an immature way? Yes, very much. But does this make him an "unpredictable, cancerous" serial killer type??? Give me a break guys.

We should only be HOPING that an offer such as Sullinger, AB, Melo, and picks is enough to bring this kid in to Boston, to address OUR BIGGEST PROBLEM...... not having a quality starting center, and KG playing more Center minutes than ever. We lack the size to compete.....one defensive minded 2-guard is not going to change the complexion of this teams chemistry, sorry to say. A starting Center who is already a double-double machine, whose abilities only improve, will have a far more drastic positive impact.

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2012, 01:59:26 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
He is a legit C with star level skills. 

He has never been on an NBA team with leadership or a PG that will get him easy shots. 

Strong leadership that forces him back inside on offense and an offense that gives him those touches down low in good positions, he can make a huge turnaround.

And I am still happy the Celtics did not waste their time with Blatche.  I can't help but notice the more he plays and the better his stats get with the Nets, the more and more they lose and look like Blatche's Wizards. 

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2012, 02:02:08 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
i actually like the fact that he's a headcase. It means he's tough as nails.
Tough as nails? Definitely not.

I would take a risk on the guy, but he seems a bit weak minded to me. There is a difference between guys who are determined and guys who lose composure because they are erratic. Cousins has mostly shown immaturity, not drive.

Noah was an example of a guy who got into trouble early in his career because he was a determined winner on a losing team. There is a big difference. He went off on teammates who didn't take the game seriously. He didn't get in trouble for just being generally difficult to coach.

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2012, 02:03:54 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I was impressed with how hard he ran the floor for a pro Center, last night.   And that steal on the transition D was impressive to say the least.

I've seen "headcases" cry under the strain of combat.  That doesn't always mean tough, it means unpredictable.

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2012, 02:29:54 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
DMC reminds me of a less competitive Antoine Walker. Jump shooting big, not a rim-protecting C. He would help but he's not in the same league as the top bigs in this league at this point

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2012, 02:30:23 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
It's funny how many people write Cousins off as some kind of "insane" and violence-inclined individual. He's had fights with his coach.....not an exclusive happening, not even within the Boston lineup (See: Rajon Rondo).

I think Cousins has the exact same problem as Rondo. They are sore losers in a competitive kind of way, and need to be a part of winning cultures, because they are used to it. Cousins comes from a National Title, and being one of, if not, the best player on several teams, that had major success.

He's probably experiencing more of a culture-shock than anything. He chose Kentucky. He didn't chose Sacramento (which is also kind of a crap, boring area for a young, rich NBA star, IMO). He seems like a lifestyle kind of guy, maybe a little superficial......along with 90% of NBA players. Is he handling it in an immature way? Yes, very much. But does this make him an "unpredictable, cancerous" serial killer type??? Give me a break guys.

We should only be HOPING that an offer such as Sullinger, AB, Melo, and picks is enough to bring this kid in to Boston, to address OUR BIGGEST PROBLEM...... not having a quality starting center, and KG playing more Center minutes than ever. We lack the size to compete.....one defensive minded 2-guard is not going to change the complexion of this teams chemistry, sorry to say. A starting Center who is already a double-double machine, whose abilities only improve, will have a far more drastic positive impact.

100 percent co-sign.

And if they'd like Jeff Green, we'll worth with that too.

The OP most assuredly does not speak for me.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 02:47:06 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
he team was surprised when Cousins showed up for practice on Christmas Eve, thinking the suspension was indefinite. Upon his arrival, "the Christmas spirit was gone," said the league source who is familiar with the Kings. And there was not much sympathy for him afterward when Cousins tried to apologize.
"When he apologized to the team, two players stood up and said 'we've heard this bull(bleep) before,'" the source said. "'You're either going to be with us, or you're not. We don't want to hear any more excuses."

Total headcase

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2012, 02:51:00 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I usually like to stay far, far away from headcases.  However, these are desperate times.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2012, 02:54:49 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.

I'm not sure he cares about winning.  I think he just hates Sacramento.  And that frustration?  That's just the way he is, a big baby.  A talented big baby, but nonetheless, a baby.

DMC reminds me of a less competitive Antoine Walker. Jump shooting big, not a rim-protecting C. He would help but he's not in the same league as the top bigs in this league at this point

DeMarcus Cousins actually has legit post moves. They can be refined, but there's potential. It's all about potential. Walker was 6'8, 6'9, 225 lbs. Cousins is 6'11, 270 lbs. He can get so much better because he has the tools to do so.

it's the stress. I really do care. I wish people understood how much I hate losing. Honestly, the losing really gets to me..

He wants to be in a position where he can win. In his tenure in the NBA, he hasn't been able to play in a competitive team yet.
http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2012/12/30/3817370/demarcus-cousins-rumors-stress-sacramento-kings
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2012, 02:56:29 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
he team was surprised when Cousins showed up for practice on Christmas Eve, thinking the suspension was indefinite. Upon his arrival, "the Christmas spirit was gone," said the league source who is familiar with the Kings. And there was not much sympathy for him afterward when Cousins tried to apologize.
"When he apologized to the team, two players stood up and said 'we've heard this bull(bleep) before,'" the source said. "'You're either going to be with us, or you're not. We don't want to hear any more excuses."

Total headcase

link?
I like Marcus Smart