Author Topic: A Bass Deal  (Read 2012 times)

A Bass Deal
« on: December 31, 2012, 12:57:59 AM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
I am done with Bass. I don't understand how a person can be so clueless defensively and so one-dimensional offensively.

Not one post move!  A horrible post defender! And I'm not going to discuss his off-the-ball defense nor pick'n'roll coverage skills (lack thereof).

I mean how can u go 8 years as a power forward in the NBA and not have developed at least a jump-hook by now?

Ok, enough ranting for now.

Bass can't be dealt until Jan. 15th, so I couldn't put this deal through the trade machine to see if it actually works.

Bass - $6mil to Denver Nuggets

and

T. Mozgov - $3mil to Boston
A. Randolph - $1.6mil to Boston

Boston gets rid of Bass and adds Young Athletic Size to its roster. Denver gets rid of two sparingly used players who haven't been able to fit in to how the Nuggets style of play, and adds a serviceable big with a mid-range game.

Thoughts?

Re: A Bass Deal
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 01:04:56 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
I am done with Bass. I don't understand how a person can be so clueless defensively and so one-dimensional offensively.

Not one post move!  A horrible post defender! And I'm not going to discuss his off-the-ball defense nor pick'n'roll coverage skills (lack thereof).

I mean how can u go 8 years as a power forward in the NBA and not have developed at least a jump-hook by now?

and adds a serviceable big with a mid-range game.

If Bass is this awful, why do the Nuggets give up two younger players to get him?

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 01:31:10 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Do we miss wait for it.....Baby? :P
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 01:53:48 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Bass is a fine bench player.  He was never brought here with the intention of starting.  He's a role player.  He was supposed by like our 3rd string big man... replacing Glen Davis.

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 02:09:26 AM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105

and adds a serviceable big with a mid-range game.

If Bass is this awful, why do the Nuggets give up two younger players to get him?

I am looking at it as two players who are both averaging 6mins in just 10 games so far this season.
For a little comparison, Barbosa has played in more games than Mozgov and Randolph combined this season