Author Topic: How do we get Gortat?  (Read 2045 times)

How do we get Gortat?
« on: December 30, 2012, 11:20:00 PM »

Offline TheBig5

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Could Jeff Green and Bass with a pick (maybe add in Fab) get us Gortat and Dudley/Beasley? I would of course rather get Dudley over Beasley but that doesn't seem as realistic. So what do you think? Please keep this civil. ;D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 11:27:58 PM by TheBig5 »

Re: How do we get Gortat?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 11:28:50 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
Not saying I would trade for him, but for the record, Michael Beasley is on the outs with PHX and they are looking for someone to take him. Not 100% but think they went as far to say he was "cancerous" to their locker room. He's undoubtedly talented, but needs to find the right environment.

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 11:35:04 PM »

Offline TheBig5

• Jrue Holiday
That is why I think this trade is realistic. I would only add Fab if they were somehow willing to give us Dudley, but with the Suns have made it pretty clear that they are willing to get rid of Beasley.

Edit: For the record I don't really like Beasley but it is clear that we NEED a big, Collins is just a waste of a Roster spot.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 11:40:35 PM by TheBig5 »

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 12:00:35 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I think PHX will be willing to include Gortat if we take Beasley as well. We may nit have to give up Bradley and still be able to land Marcin only if Beasley is part of the deal. And I'd take the risk of Beasley if it means landing Gorta for maybe Bass and Green?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 12:07:25 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I'm not giving up bradley for Gortat because adding Gortat to the current Roster without Bradley still doesn't make us a title contender. We need to add him while still keeping Bradley. Having a Elite perimeter defender along with a bruiser/rim protector/ rebounder is what we need .

I would rather have Bradley than Gortat heading into the future if we can't get Gortat without giving up Bradley

Best offer I would make would be Green, Sully , Melo , filler and 1st rd pick for Beasley(rather have dudley) and Gortat

PG: Rondo    / Terry
SG: Bradley  / Lee
SF: PP       / Beasley
PF: KG       / Bass
 C: Gortat   / Collins

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 12:09:14 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
gortat is horrible and not worth whatever we would trade.

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 12:14:47 AM »

Offline TheBig5

• Jrue Holiday

I don't think many would call Gortat horrible, but in this trade we wouldn't be giving away anyone that is truly great. I don't see Green ever being worth his gigantic contract and I would honestly rather have Sully over Bass.

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 12:15:07 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Gortat would be the 4th or 5th best player on our roster and he rebounds and defneds,how is he horrible? On a reasonable contract for next year too. I wouldn't give up Bradley for him , but anyone else outside of the big 3 I would.

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 12:15:23 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Heck, yes, on Gortat. I'll also take Beasley or Dudley. A risky move in some ways, but you know what? Keeping the team as is could result in crappy teams for the next 3 years, so I'm willing to roll the dice.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 12:17:09 AM »

Offline TheBig5

• Jrue Holiday
Heck, yes, on Gortat. I'll also take Beasley or Dudley. A risky move in some ways, but you know what? Keeping the team as is could result in crappy teams for the next 3 years, so I'm willing to roll the dice.

My thinking as well, after what we have recently seen from the Celtics something has to be done.

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 12:25:19 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Gortat is a wasted trade....if this were 2-4 years ago , while team was stillyonger...it would be good...but Gortat is not enought to make up for trouble Boston is in.

At a mininum to ave this year will require Varejao,  but I would go ahead and get Cousins, who can anchor a team in the future while the getting is good.

Gortat helps , gut is no future to build on .  When KG and Pierce leave gonna need serious star power to compete.

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 12:25:46 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Gortat is horrible in PHX because he's dong more than he's supposed to. He's being asked to carry some of the offensive load and he's not really one of those guys who can.

He'll be geeat for us because if what he can bring. He is a good shot blocker, he will rebound and will clog the lanes something that is REALLY needed right now.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 12:30:54 AM »

Offline TheBig5

• Jrue Holiday
Gortat is a wasted trade....if this were 2-4 years ago , while team was stillyonger...it would be good...but Gortat is not enought to make up for trouble Boston is in.

At a mininum to ave this year will require Varejao,  but I would go ahead and get Cousins, who can anchor a team in the future while the getting is good.

Gortat helps , gut is no future to build on .  When KG and Pierce leave gonna need serious star power to compete.

There is no doubt that Varejao and Cousins are more talented than Gortat, but there are a couple problems. Varejao's value is at an all time high. While the Kings know that Cousin's value is at an all time low, and would most likely not unload him for cheap. This is in my opinion a much more realistic trade.