Author Topic: Next steps. Let's not panic until after the trade deadline  (Read 1298 times)

Next steps. Let's not panic until after the trade deadline
« on: December 31, 2012, 12:52:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
No moves until Avery Bradley plays 5 solid games for us. We still play under 500, bring up Melo for a few games , then if we still stink blow up the team latest by trade deadline. I mean outside of rondo,Bradley and perhaps kg nobody is safe. If after the trade we still stink and out of playoff contentions, Doc then Ainge can be goners.

So don't worry fans, its not like the owners don't care any less. Wyc is probably having an ulcer by now. Org can't afford to lose fans coming to the games, and something will be done before trade deadline this year unless the team can get it together.

Re: Next steps. Let's not panic until after the trade deadline
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 12:57:46 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
@SherrodbCSN
"Nobody cheering; ain't no lights on us and I love this right now. This is where all the plastic people melt right here."- #Celtics KG

KG isn't worried. Eases my mind some but it's put up or shut up.

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 12:59:36 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
After the trade that with which we start the blowing up process, the team is going to be sinking fast to the bottom, so, why do you see Doc and Danny as goners, I don't really get it.

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 01:03:42 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
After the trade that with which we start the blowing up process, the team is going to be sinking fast to the bottom, so, why do you see Doc and Danny as goners, I don't really get it.

bc thats how the process usually goes. not only is there a blow up, the coach and gm's are next or right before.

And lets face it, if Ainge and Doc created a team that had to be blown up, well they failed. What trust do you have that they will know how to rebuild? Before the big three, with doc we weren't that great.

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 01:07:24 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

bc thats how the process usually goes. not only is there a blow up, the coach and gm's are next or right before.

And lets face it, if Ainge and Doc created a team that had to be blown up, well they failed. What trust do you have that they will know how to rebuild? Before the big three, with doc we weren't that great.

Every team is due a blow up at some point. The team that was created and is going to be blown up was the Big Three with KG-Ray-PP.
I agree, though. We were terrible with Doc when we had one of the worst rosters in the NBA to play with.

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 01:16:09 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Every team is due a blow up at some point. The team that was created and is going to be blown up was the Big Three with KG-Ray-PP.
I agree, though. We were terrible with Doc when we had one of the worst rosters in the NBA to play with.

If you can avoid blow ups you know you have a very good management and coaching staff. Look at San Antionio. I know those three guys are huge for the team. But last year at times they were missing Ginobelli, and still won a ton of games. If they lose Duncan, they got Splitter and others to do the job on the inside. Bottom line is, the team has three good but older players and raising younger players to take over their spots once they are gone. A blowup will never need to happen in this case

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 01:55:56 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I've been in the "let's not panic until after the trade deadline" camp since before the season started.  Lol.  I'm taking this all in stride.  We'll see what happens.  Can't blame them for going less than 100% when this roster is so wonky... clearly we'll need to make moves.  That's been pretty obvious from the start.