Author Topic: I am in shock  (Read 5602 times)

Re: I am in shock
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2012, 01:07:14 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The Kings would be NUTS to trade Cousins. Absolutely NUTS.
Which is why they are not going to rush into a trade right now without getting a strong offer.

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2012, 01:30:55 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
ima optimistic poster but dis rite chea is pure disgust. no effort or energy dis team is eerily reminding me of how da pistons run ended. Got to da ECF next year limp into da playoffs only to get swept nd blow it up dat summer. we 30 games in but if we dont improve soon or at least compete its a wrap as far as contending or sneakin up on anyone

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2012, 01:33:06 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
ima optimistic poster but dis rite chea is pure disgust. no effort or energy dis team is eerily reminding me of how da pistons run ended. Got to da ECF next year limp into da playoffs only to get swept nd blow it up dat summer. we 30 games in but if we dont improve soon or at least compete its a wrap as far as contending or sneakin up on anyone
That would be all bad KG would just retire too
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2012, 01:41:52 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
i dont' care what happens until the trade deadline.  We sho is strugglin right bout now, but it's a long season and nothing is happening here that couldn't be foreseen. 

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2012, 01:44:31 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
That would be all bad KG would just retire too
we in a tough situation wit everyone locked up for 3 years if we dont turn dis around I could see KG nd Pierce dippin out. i would personally hate dat but why would they stick around for back to back years of mediocrity?

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2012, 06:34:59 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Am I in shock?  No.  LA Clippers are the best team in basketball right now, not surprised we got torched by them.  Following that up with a loss at Golden State, another good and young team, was not surprising either.  I thought they would beat Sacramento but I am again not shocked that they got hammered on the 3 leg of a West Coast trip over the holiday week after getting blown out the first 2 games.

Let's see what happens when AB comes back.  If 10 games from now they are still looking like this, Danny will absolutely be trading players.

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2012, 08:00:41 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
really? why would you be shocked if youve watched the same team I have all year? not shocked.

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2012, 08:22:18 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I rather have Perkins, Baby, Tony, and Ray right now than Bass, Green, Terry, and Lee. Am I alone here?  :-\

I think we should keep Bradley and Sullinger, then get rid of everybody else on this team. KG might as well retire(why should he stick around?) and Pierce can leave to a contender. The next 5 years will suck...

Honestly, I love Rondo but if we gonna get high draft picks and good players in return, we have to trade him.

I get your point but I actually think you have this wrong.  What we need is the Pierce and the KG from 3-5 years ago to replace the now older Pierce and KG, not the earlier role players to replace the current (and probably all around better, other than Ray Allen) role players.

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2012, 09:08:51 AM »

Offline Ersatz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 37
I rather have Perkins, Baby, Tony, and Ray right now than Bass, Green, Terry, and Lee. Am I alone here?  :-\

I think we should keep Bradley and Sullinger, then get rid of everybody else on this team. KG might as well retire(why should he stick around?) and Pierce can leave to a contender. The next 5 years will suck...

Honestly, I love Rondo but if we gonna get high draft picks and good players in return, we have to trade him.

I get your point but I actually think you have this wrong.  What we need is the Pierce and the KG from 3-5 years ago to replace the now older Pierce and KG, not the earlier role players to replace the current (and probably all around better, other than Ray Allen) role players.

PIerce's numbers are only slightly off from what they were a few years ago; KG's are off a little bit more, but there's no big slide there.

I'll keep repeating it: PIerce and KG are not the problem.

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2012, 09:15:42 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
the clippers are the best team in the league by win/lose. Why are you shocked about that?

The fact that we didn't just lose, we got straight up embarrassed.

In terms of on paper talent we should match up with the Clippers pretty well. But alas, we got shamed.

Then Golden State - they have a nice team this year, but we should be very capable of out Marchng them.

Then Sacramento...I can't even comment on that one...there's nothing to say.

To he honest Green has been passable, Terry has been passable, KG has been good, Rondo has been good.  Pierce and Rondo have been good but inconsistent.

The problem is they rarely all play well in the same game.  Other problem is we lack a proper big, and Bass has been beyond terrible.

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2012, 09:21:00 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I do believe people forget how terrible things felt when we were 27-27 over the last 54 games in 2009-10, and how  plain awful they were for the first 2 months last year.

KG is playing well, but only 29 minutes a game.  Pierce has been playing well in spurts and averaging 20 per game. Both will play 5 more mpg come playoffs.

We also need to see how the AB addition changes the dynamics of the team.  It may be significant.  I do think they'll need to make a move, but if KG has legs in the playoffs and can play 37 minutes and if AB changes the chemistry, we may be a contender yet (will still need to swing for Gortat I think).   Unfortunately, the AB test has to be quick -- need things to change almost immediately.  If they still look awful on January 20 -- I'll be up for anything, including a complete overhaul.   

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2012, 09:30:26 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

PIerce's numbers are only slightly off from what they were a few years ago; KG's are off a little bit more, but there's no big slide there.

I'll keep repeating it: PIerce and KG are not the problem.

I go by more what I see on the court than just purely looking at stats (Didn't you watch Trouble with the Curve?  ;) )

I am sorry but PP and KG are not the same players they were a few years ago by quite a margin, at least so far.  Pierce has had a few brilliant games that give me hope for him but I am still worried and I am really worried about what I see in KG.  They are still good players but so far this year they have not been stars and we need both of them to be stars for us to contend.

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2012, 09:31:04 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Danny milked KG and Pierce for every ounce .   They are TOO old to carry the team .  They are still verg good players , but probally should be bench player , along with Terry.

The rest of the the team consist of a star in Rondo , who can 't shoot very good, and a bunch of average players.

Just  outclassed  and over the hill.

Pierce even envisioned him being a bench player by now.  I remember when we thought Gerald Green was going to be special, Pierce said he hoped to be playing behind Gerald someday. LOL  Sounds funny now though.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2012, 09:39:45 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I really am amazed at the level of faith and optimism many here have. The worst 3-game stretch in 35 years - THIRTY-FIVE - and I still see people talking about them being contenders. That is the epitome of faith!

I am in shock over the fact that this is one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2012, 09:40:35 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
IMO Doc's not a hard-ass coach, and he needed a hard-ass assistant to get all of the new players to know and execute their defense in pre-season, not by chewing up half the regular season.

Because they haven't known or played the defense right, the other players on the team have lost trust in the system and that their teammates are going to be there on defense.  Now they've too much experience playing the system poorly and being proven right in their lack of trust in their teammates to get there for them.

Also because Doc's not a hard-ass coach, he hasn't been able to rein in Rondo's worst tendencies on offense, which include making himself and his passing too central to their play.  There's a reason the offense has often run more smoothly over the past two years when Rondo hasn't been in the game, and that is because there is more ball movement and passing and creating from the other players on the team.

They've got enough new parts underperforming on this team for me to put much of the responsibility on Doc--and his lack of top-notch assistants to cover for his own weaknesses this year, when top-notch assistants are needed more this year than in the past five. 

PS We saw similar disarray after the Perk trade, when Doc was totally ineffective in weaving so many new guys into the team in mid-season.