Author Topic: I am in shock  (Read 5627 times)

Re: I am in shock
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2012, 09:43:59 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I have decided that Rondo is banged up, Pierce is either knackered or banged up and Bradley is missing due to injured. I have decided not to be concerned until those things fix themselves and when they do I expect the Celtics to be back to winning ways.

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2012, 10:02:47 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
I really am amazed at the level of faith and optimism many here have. The worst 3-game stretch in 35 years - THIRTY-FIVE - and I still see people talking about them being contenders. That is the epitome of faith!

I am in shock over the fact that this is one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

Since it boils down to entertainment, why in the world would I not rationalize a way to have hope that they can turn it around?  With no hope left I may as well watch hockey.

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2012, 10:24:08 AM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Bradley will plug a hole or two but he won't be able to plug all of them. If he some how cures all that ails them he should have his number retired. He will also need time to get up to speed and feel confident in his shoulders.

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2012, 10:34:48 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I really am amazed at the level of faith and optimism many here have. The worst 3-game stretch in 35 years - THIRTY-FIVE - and I still see people talking about them being contenders. That is the epitome of faith!

I am in shock over the fact that this is one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

Since it boils down to entertainment, why in the world would I not rationalize a way to have hope that they can turn it around?  With no hope left I may as well watch hockey.

Turn it around and start winning again -- absolutely possible
A real contender -- ??????????

This isn't last year. I think the fact that they broke a 35 year record of futility with the last three games says a lot more about this team than last year says about this team.

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2012, 11:10:56 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Pierce, KG, Terry, all older players, all have started to decline at the same time. That's the risk you take when you sign 35 yr olds as your top players.

« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2012, 01:16:43 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557

wow. what an embarrassment. time for major changes. KG is the only one i would not trade right now. I do not fault glenn for his defensive strategy. i fault him for his offensive strategy. sure the players are a problem also. But once i  can confirm doc is telling these guys to attack all game long, then we can put the blame on the players solely i will not be convinced until i see otherwise.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2012, 02:08:40 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Hard to beat father time....

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2012, 02:59:37 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
It's always tough to win on the road.

Even tougher when you don't defend or have that mentality.

Giving up 90 points to a bad Kings team with more than half the 4th quarter to go is a sure sign of identity theft.

This C's team just doesn't know who it is.

Is it Rondo's team?

Are we a run and gun uptempo team?

Are we a defensive team?

We're definitely not an inside team.

Or a rebounding team.

Right now we're just a mediocre team.

KG and PP are who they are now...you can't ask any more of them.

Losing Ray hurts because of the name...this team doesn't have a "Big 3" anymore and a psychological advantage is lost.

Opposing teams don't feel threatened by Terry, Bass, Green, and Lee.

The only guy who can raise his game to another level is Rondo.

Can he?

Will it be enough...