Author Topic: We Have No Stars  (Read 2815 times)

Re: We Have No Stars
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2012, 03:46:03 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

13. Boston Celtics: Steven Adams
Hi-res-6746704_display_image
Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports

Position: Center

Height: 7'1"

School: Pittsburgh

Year: Freshman

Adams is an athletic big man who can run the floor with ease. A good shot-blocker and rebounder, he is still developing his overall game.

Adams needs to work on his free-throw shooting and post moves, but he should be a very good center after a few years in the NBA.

His size is already there, and despite a somewhat disappointing freshman season, he is too talented to fall out of the first round should he declare.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1455695-2013-nba-mock-draft-the-book-on-next-years-top-30-prospects

JK

Re: We Have No Stars
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2012, 05:08:17 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Pierce may not be a star, but my guess is that if there was a small forward on a different team who was scoring 19.9 ppg and was the 12th leading score in the league and was playing fewer minutes per game (more than 3 fewer minutes than all but 2) than all but 1 of the top 11 scorers (Wade), I'd guess we'd consider him a star.
Guys ahead of him on the scoring list: Bryant, Anthony, Durant, James, Harden, Irving, Westbrook, Aldridge, Wade, Lee and Curry.  I guess the 'star' label ends at Pierce.

Of course, it doesn't matter if we label Pierce, KG or Rondo stars if the C's aren't winning. Bottom line is that neither the offense or defense is good enough right now.