Author Topic: I am in shock  (Read 5612 times)

I am in shock
« on: December 30, 2012, 11:28:58 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
At the beginning of this season, I never in my wildest dreams imagined we would lose by 29 to the Clippers, 18 to the Warriors, and 22 to the KINGS... IN A ROW.

I am truly in shock at what I have seen, and wholeheartedly disappointed in Danny, Doc, and every player save for Jared Sullinger.

I am losing faith that we will ever bounce back. We look so out of sync, so mentally lost, so confused, and so unconfident that I don't think they have any more faith than I do.

THIS is the game that has made me accept that this is as good as a rebuilding year. If they do somehow magically become competitive, then great, but I'm not holding my breath.

If anyone here has some reason for me to keep the faith, please share it. I don't want to sound like a buzzkill, but we never looked THIS bad last season. So nobody give me the "we were 15-17 last year" excuse.

Re: I am in shock
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 11:32:53 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Yeah, I'm usually an optimist when I come on here, but I've got nothing.

Total lack of will lately, very disconcerting
DKC Suns

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 11:33:34 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Yeah, I'm usually an optimist when I come on here, but I've got nothing.

Total lack of will lately, very disconcerting

I am an optimist as well but there is nothing to be proud about this team.

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 11:33:48 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I think the saddest part is it looks like they don't care.  Even the "Rondo standing up for KG" thing has become forgotten.

It's really frustrating watching a bunch of guys getting paid to play ball not putting in effort.  I can spend my time doing things more productive.

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 11:34:16 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Sully is trying but he's too small and slow. He is a solid offensive player but his D is laugh out loud bad

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 11:34:42 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
30 games in and this is who we are
I love the celtics but is really dislike this team

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 11:37:02 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
The problems go beyond getting blowout by a bad Kings team. Team looks like they are starting to quit.

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 11:41:54 PM »

Offline illestmcsgt

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I rather have Perkins, Baby, Tony, and Ray right now than Bass, Green, Terry, and Lee. Am I alone here?  :-\

I think we should keep Bradley and Sullinger, then get rid of everybody else on this team. KG might as well retire(why should he stick around?) and Pierce can leave to a contender. The next 5 years will suck...

Honestly, I love Rondo but if we gonna get high draft picks and good players in return, we have to trade him.

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 11:44:33 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
30 games in and this is who we are
I love the celtics but is really dislike this team

Couldn't agree more.

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 11:45:04 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
I do not find it hard to keep the faith. The Celtics are the finest franchise in the NBA historically. The problem is history does not score buckets or shut down lanes.

The Celtics have talent - we know that. Maybe this is all we get this year - a bad basketball team. But it doesn't make sense to me. Something has to happen to tip the scales the other way and I believe it will.

Championship? Hardly. I am not even considering a championship. One game at a time, I will be watching. This team can turn it around, but they absolutely cannot flip any switches this time. If Danny does not make a move for someone like Cousins, it is going to be tough to handle this season, but handle it I will and you should too.

It is easy to love your team when they are winning - these are the times that test your loyalty. Also the fact I have a bunch of old games recorded from the 60s-80s helps...I can pop one in after a night like this and feel better :)
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 11:46:12 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
The Kings would be NUTS to trade Cousins. Absolutely NUTS.

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 11:46:37 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
the clippers are the best team in the league by win/lose. Why are you shocked about that?

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 11:47:33 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Team looks like they are soft and don't like each other. Guys Are just lost

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 11:47:38 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
What a sport's night for me!! :'(

I just probably witnessed the ending of the career of one of the nicest and classiest (yet most hated, for whatever reason) quarterbacks in the NFL, Tony Romo.

My heart aches for him.  I supported him and stood by him and knew he could and would prove all his doubters wrong.  Well, I guess my faith was misplaced!!!  Good guys don't always win:-((  I do love RGIII though!!

Then I went online and got to see that we showed absolutely NO fight vs. the 27 ranked team in the league.  I think we are witnessing the end of an era in Boston.

Sad night!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 11:48:30 PM »

Offline illestmcsgt

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I do not find it hard to keep the faith. The Celtics are the finest franchise in the NBA historically. The problem is history does not score buckets or shut down lanes.

The Celtics have talent - we know that. Maybe this is all we get this year - a bad basketball team. But it doesn't make sense to me. Something has to happen to tip the scales the other way and I believe it will.

Championship? Hardly. I am not even considering a championship. One game at a time, I will be watching. This team can turn it around, but they absolutely cannot flip any switches this time. If Danny does not make a move for someone like Cousins, it is going to be tough to handle this season, but handle it I will and you should too.

It is easy to love your team when they are winning - these are the times that test your loyalty. Also the fact I have a bunch of old games recorded from the 60s-80s helps...I can pop one in after a night like this and feel better :)

TP! I really love to see posts like this because it does bring up spirits.