Author Topic: Tyreke Evans / S&T later vs Trade Now  (Read 7965 times)

Tyreke Evans / S&T later vs Trade Now
« on: December 30, 2012, 05:20:52 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2012/7/6/3141026/sacramento-kings-salary-cap-floor-nba-free-agency-2012

this article is a good reference point

The floor is set at $46.4 million, or 80 percent of the NBA salary cap, per Larry Coon.

the kings are at $52,447,340 for 2013 - 2014 not including tyreke evans...also...kings have team option for garcia at $6.4M

i think it will take $8M to $9M per yr and $40M to $45M total to re-sign evans...how much do you think it will take to sign evans and will the kings do it...or...do they S&T evans...financially...that is the same thing as signing him....i think they do neither...i think they try to cut payroll with the maloofs losing money...especially if the floor is indeed at $46.4M...now...if by luck we got evans...how do we re-sign him...any capologists out there?

Re: Tyreke Evans / S&T later vs Trade Now
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 05:30:00 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
There is real chance they let Tyreke walk at that type of money.

They are clearly not sold on him and are uncertain whether he is worth keeping around.

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 05:35:32 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85

They are clearly not sold on him and are uncertain whether he is worth keeping around.

those are the things i keep coming back to...$$$...and...it seems like the kings have never really been sold on him...so...do they let him walk for nothing...they can't!!!...so...you have to think he''s going to be moved...maybe and probably in a pkg

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 05:37:59 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

those are the things i keep coming back to...$$$...and...it seems like the kings have never really been sold on him...so...do they let him walk for nothing...they can't!!!...so...you have to think he''s going to be moved...maybe and probably in a pkg

I think they should trade Tyreke at the trade deadline.

Sacramento could probably get a good draft pick for him. Maybe low lottery. Or a quality young player. Not someone with All-Star talent but maybe someone who can be a starting caliber player down the road.

If they don't trade him, I expect they'll try to pick something up in a sign and trade depending on what is available to them.

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 06:46:31 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 07:21:00 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Tyreke is a talented player, but I don't really think he'd be a good fit here.  I can't really see him in the same backcourt as Rondo.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 05:54:13 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I think he'd be a great fit here. He loves to drive and create shots. I'd have him playing with the 2nd unit I think. I'd also try to get him to play some SF for us.

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 08:05:12 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
I guess the sign and trade option is still on the table…What would it take to bring Tyreke to Boston? Could we possibly get him without giving up Rondo or Green?

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 01:37:33 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I read somewhere that DA was after Evans last year because he likes the guy. I think he will try to get him, but I doubt Sacramento will agree to the cheapo offer DA will propose lol

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 03:03:13 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I think he'd be a great fit here. He loves to drive and create shots. I'd have him playing with the 2nd unit I think. I'd also try to get him to play some SF for us.

In all honesty i actually dont think he would be a great fit here. The guy has talent but he has been played out of position the past 2 years at SG and SF.

A team where he could seriously excel Dallas playing PG or if jennings leaves. Milwauke

The guy is a PG and considering he is insanely fast and pretty strong as well he would dominate alot of guys at that position.

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 11:03:36 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

In all honesty i actually dont think he would be a great fit here. The guy has talent but he has been played out of position the past 2 years at SG and SF.

A team where he could seriously excel Dallas playing PG or if jennings leaves. Milwauke

The guy is a PG and considering he is insanely fast and pretty strong as well he would dominate alot of guys at that position.

I really think if Danny were to pursue Evans, it would be as a Rondo replacement. 

Danny loved Evans coming out of school as a PG, and I am not sure that has changed. 

I certainly don't think Rondo for Evans straight up makes much sense, but if you can trade Rondo for a big man (or Cousins/Tyreke), then there could be something to it. 

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 05:36:17 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Evans averaged 3.5 assists this year.  He is NOT a PG!!!!

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tyreke_evans/career_stats.html

Smitty77

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 05:45:59 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Evans averaged 3.5 assists this year.  He is NOT a PG!!!!

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tyreke_evans/career_stats.html

Smitty77
Well given that they played him at SF, sure.

When they had him play PG he averaged 5.5 per game, not great but not terrible.

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2013, 06:08:55 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I really think if Danny were to pursue Evans, it would be as a Rondo replacement. 

Danny loved Evans coming out of school as a PG, and I am not sure that has changed. 

I certainly don't think Rondo for Evans straight up makes much sense, but if you can trade Rondo for a big man (or Cousins/Tyreke), then there could be something to it.

With no other changes to our roster, Rondo for Cousins and Tyreke is not only a steal but almost definitely a no-brainer trade.

Especially because of Rondo's ACL injury.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2013, 07:16:23 PM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37

With no other changes to our roster, Rondo for Cousins and Tyreke is not only a steal but almost definitely a no-brainer trade.

Especially because of Rondo's ACL injury.
Thats one of the few deals out there right now that I would probably do for Rondo that seems like it could be an actual possibility.

Kings might want to start fresh with new owners and a new star to lead the team and the Celtics get the ammunition to make another run with KG and PP and then hopefully build around those guys Green, Sully, Bradley and our future picks.

The only thing I'd be worried about is whether Evans really can handle the point in the NBA. He basically runs the point for the Kings a large portion of the time from the 2, but it's a bit of a risk expecting him to be able to make the transition without another player who can be a starting caliber PG.