Author Topic: Royce White has refused to go the D-League  (Read 20394 times)

Re: Royce White has refused to go the D-League
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2013, 01:09:56 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I saw White's pathetic interview on PTI....He told Wilbon he's "negotiating" for the right playing conditions so he can play in D-League.

I think White's agent is trying to market him as some kind of NBA mental health pioneer.  White seems very full of himself.

« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2013, 05:12:08 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I saw White's pathetic interview on PTI....He told Wilbon he's "negotiating" for the right playing conditions so he can play in D-League.

I think White's agent is trying to market him as some kind of NBA mental health pioneer.  White seems very full of himself.

I don't think he's marketing him, I think he is building a case to get paid for his contract, even though he can't play basketball. 

This was manipulated beautifully by his agent since well before the draft.  He was able to use the media to get White taken a lot higher than he deserved (and therefore guaranteed more money), and now that the truth is coming out that White really is not capable of playing NBA basketball, his agent is making sure they have a watertight case, in the unlikely event the Rockets try to get out of paying him. 

« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2013, 05:19:02 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I would just release him..its not worth the headache
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2013, 05:24:15 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I would just release him..its not worth the headache

I'm sure that will happen at some point.  Although there is no benefit to rushing, unless they want the roster spot.