Author Topic: Blockbuster Trade  (Read 8704 times)

Re: Blockbuster Trade
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 01:40:03 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
i'm looking at this like the sox did with the dodgers

Except the sox actually gave up good players in that deal. That, and the kings are dirt poor and want to cut salary

if you into consideration total contract value and trying to resign evans...the kings will prob save $10M to $15M...couple that with the Maloofs losing money in vegas...this deal makes financial sense for the kings and saves them money...you look at the sox...they are not looking at annual salary as much as they are total contract value

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 01:42:28 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
well...beauty is in the eye of the beholder...do i think gonzo, crawford and beckett were good players...maybe...do i miss them...prob not...do i miss the chicken and beer king...no...i would argue green, lee, bradley, sullinger and melo are better, younger, cheaper and have less baggage than gonzo, crawford and beckett

so your against players with baggage but you are FOR trading for Cousins?

the sox traded older players making max money that had already peaked and had multiple surgeries...cousins is younger, has not peaked and has not had multiple surgeries...gonzo, crawford and beckett prob had 5 to 10 surgeries between them...

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2012, 01:43:40 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Sacramento is at/below the salary cap currently.  I doubt their looking to cut more salary.  They have to stay above the salary floor.

Also, Sacramento has very little use for cap space.  Notable free agents don't sign there.  They will want players they can build around.

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2012, 01:44:25 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
well...beauty is in the eye of the beholder...do i think gonzo, crawford and beckett were good players...maybe...do i miss them...prob not...do i miss the chicken and beer king...no...i would argue green, lee, bradley, sullinger and melo are better, younger, cheaper and have less baggage than gonzo, crawford and beckett

the sox traded older players making max money that had already peaked and had multiple surgeries...cousins is younger, has not peaked and has not had multiple surgeries...gonzo, crawford and beckett prob had 5 to 10 surgeries between them...

the celtics players you are proposing to trade for a young big man with all-star talent have very low upside, have peaked except for maybe Sullinger, and have accomplished very little in the league. Why would the kings want to do this? It makes no sense.

We could get Cousins for Bradley, Sullinger, and Melo, but why would the Kings want back the contracts of other players?

If we also want Evans, we need to give them Rondo.

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2012, 01:47:39 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown

the celtics players you are proposing to trade for a young big man with all-star talent have very low upside, have peaked except for maybe Sullinger, and have accomplished very little in the league. Why would the kings want to do this? It makes no sense.

bradley has peaked at 22?

wow is all i can say

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2012, 01:47:57 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Yeah, I just don't see the incentive here for the Kings nor do I think they would ever pull trigger on this.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2012, 01:49:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

wow is all i can say

He has, unfortunately. If you think he's going to be an all-star your in for a major disappointment.

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 01:50:43 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Here's what I think of Bradley from another thread here:

Things that will happen when Avery Bradley returns on January 2nd:

-Doc Rivers will decide that small ball doesn't work

-KG will stop using the 5-5-5 plan

-Pierce will lose weight

-Rondo will stop pouting and yelling at the refs and everyone around him

-Sullinger will get more PT AND will have plays called for him to post up

-Lee will start hitting his threes

-Green will grow a pair

-Cousins new agent will decide to give us Cousins in a Pau Gasol type deal

-Wade will stop hitting people in the groin and trying to dislocate their joints

-Lebron will actually get called for fouls

-Bird, McHale, and Parrish WILL walk through that door

-David Stern, on his day of retirement (YAY!) will apologize to all the teams and the fans he screwed over for decades, especially the celtics

-Congress will not only work together and avoid the fiscal cliff, they will balance the budget

Yes, I cannot wait for the return of Avery Bradley.

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2012, 01:51:20 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
the incentive is evans walks for nothing...the incentive is salmons is their oldest and highest paid player...the real point is have the kings given up on cousins...what do the kings know about cousins that the rest of the league doesn't know...that is the risk/reward part of the equation for both the c's and kings...evans and salmons are no-brainers in this equation

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2012, 01:52:13 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
the incentive is evans walks for nothing...the incentive is salmons is their oldest and highest paid player...the real point is have the kings given up on cousins...what do the kings know about cousins that the rest of the league doesn't know...that is the risk/reward part of the equation for both the c's and kings...evans and salmons are no-brainers in this equation

and you think they can't trade Evans or Cousins to any of the other 28 teams in the league for good value? These are not middle age or old players on big contracts, these are cheap, very young and talented players we're talking about. The kings can even keep both if they want to and won't really lose anything.

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2012, 01:53:33 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown

wow is all i can say

He has, unfortunately. If you think he's going to be an all-star your in for a major disappointment.

can i borrow your crystal ball?

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2012, 01:53:36 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
No way Bradley has peeked.  That's crazy talk.

A guy only in his 3rd year who has started in less than 50 games can not possibly have reached his peak.  Bradley may never even be an all-star, but he certainly still has room for improvement.

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2012, 01:54:33 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

and you think they can't trade Evans or Cousins to any of the other 28 teams in the league for good value? These are not middle age or old players on big contracts, these are cheap, very young and talented players we're talking about. The kings can even keep both if they want to and won't really lose anything.

Exactly.  The Kings can get way better packages that what the Celtics are giving up here.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2012, 01:55:16 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown

well...if you think it is so easy...where are your proposals?

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2012, 01:55:39 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
No way Bradley has peeked.  That's crazy talk.

A guy only in his 3rd year who has started in less than 50 games can not possibly have reached his peak.  Bradley may never even be an all-star, but he certainly still has room for improvement.

you mean maybe he can learn how to dribble past half court without being stripped, or how to pass to a teammate without staring at the passing target for 5 seconds before throwing the ball?