Author Topic: Blockbuster Trade  (Read 8741 times)

Re: Blockbuster Trade
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2012, 02:34:43 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
My point is, if Sacramento is forced to either resign Evans or get nothing in return for him, they probably re-sign him.  They would need to spend a certain amount of the money that would come off the books by letting him go.  They won't be able to get a player through FA who is comparable in talent.  Why spend money on crappier players?

Sacramento won't take a bad deal just to trade him.

Cousins and Evans situations are not tied together.

Exactly. Evans is not 32 years old, and he's not asking for a max contract. Why would they not re-sign him if they can't get a good trade for him? The "kings are broke and need to cut salary" excuse has already been thrown out the window. They have to pay someone, there are league rules for minimum salary levels, and they aren't going to attract better free agents than Evans.

Also, Evans situation has nothing to do with Cousins. This is not the 2012 Red Sox where a bunch of overpayed old vets let themselves go and ruined the environment. These are two very young, very talented players trying to make a name for themselves and working hard. One of them has anger management issues, the other doesn't fit into a defined NBA position. Not comparable at all to the Red Sox.

Do you think that somehow you are the only person, out of all the GMs who are paid extremely well to analyze these things every day, you are the only person to suddenly realize that the Kings need to dump Evans along with Cousins ASAP so let's offer them our junk for their two best players and get it done? That makes no sense.

Evans and Cousins are both very young players who have already proven that they have excellent NBA talent. Both are on cheap deals. Every GM will make offers for them, regardless of what's posted online.

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2012, 02:37:04 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
My point is, if Sacramento is forced to either resign Evans or get nothing in return for him, they probably re-sign him.  They would need to spend a certain amount of the money that would come off the books by letting him go.  They won't be able to get a player through FA who is comparable in talent.  Why spend money on crappier players?

Exactly. Evans is not 32 years old, and he's not asking for a max contract. Why would they not re-sign him if they can't get a good trade for him? The "kings are broke and need to cut salary" excuse has already been thrown out the window. They have to pay someone, there are league rules for minimum salary levels, and they aren't going to attract better free agents than Evans.

Also, Evans situation has nothing to do with Cousins. This is not the 2012 Red Sox where a bunch of overpayed old vets let themselves go and ruined the environment. These are two very young, very talented players trying to make a name for themselves and working hard. One of them has anger management issues, the other doesn't fit into a defined NBA position. Not comparable at all to the Red Sox.

Do you think that somehow you are the only person, out of all the GMs who are paid extremely well to analyze these things every day, you are the only person to suddenly realize that the Kings need to dump Evans along with Cousins ASAP so let's offer them our junk for their two best players and get it done? That makes no sense.

Evans and Cousins are both very young players who have already proven that they have excellent NBA talent. Both are on cheap deals. Every GM will make offers for them, regardless of what's posted online.

lol...i would say the same thing to you...i bet "GM" is your  middle name...lol...does everyone here have the holiday blues...lol...

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2012, 02:39:37 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown

hurry...can anyone get dr phil to join us...lol...

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2012, 02:41:49 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Wow, what a well thought out, basketball topic based comeback. I suggest if you can't deal with criticism to your proposed trades, then don't propose any. Stick to the basketball issues instead of personal attacks.

This is the second person now that you have attacked in the same thread because you can't seem to handle criticism to your proposals.

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2012, 02:42:09 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown

i do agree that the kings will get a lot of calls for both of them

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2012, 02:43:37 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

i do agree that the kings will get a lot of calls for both of them

well, that's more like it. Yes, they will, and some offers will be junk, but I can see many teams that would make strong offers too. Some teams that would otherwise not get a talented player may also overpay.

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2012, 02:49:13 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown

Wow, what a well thought out, basketball topic based comeback. I suggest if you can't deal with criticism to your proposed trades, then don't propose any. Stick to the basketball issues instead of personal attacks.

This is the second person now that you have attacked in the same thread because you can't seem to handle criticism to your proposals.

you know the funny thing...i don't take anyone's comments here as criticism...does anyone remember the locker room scene with cuba gooding jr and tom cruise in jerry maguire...if you do...then you will know what i'm talking about...it goes something like this..."you think we're fighting...i think we're just starting to communicate"...hysterical

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2012, 03:05:22 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
can we get rex ryan to take the celtics blog etiquette course?

you gotta have a little fun with this...right? 

lol...

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2012, 03:17:42 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

you know the funny thing...i don't take anyone's comments here as criticism...does anyone remember the locker room scene with cuba gooding jr and tom cruise in jerry maguire...if you do...then you will know what i'm talking about...it goes something like this..."you think we're fighting...i think we're just starting to communicate"...hysterical

I remember that scene; the problem is, the way you're acting in this thread didn't remind me of it.

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2012, 03:18:41 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown

I remember that scene; the problem is, the way you're acting in this thread didn't remind me of it.

that's ok...you are entitled to your opinion