Author Topic: Everything is fine. Just played a team hitting everything tonight  (Read 9292 times)

Re: Everything is fine. Just played a team hitting everything tonight
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 02:12:32 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Without our best player it will be hard to beat a team playing as well as GS on the road. They do have a great home crowd.

We have the talent to be elite. Sadly it is just underperforming.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 02:54:46 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
its not even january yet and you guys are complaining. Lets wait until the all-star break and then we will know what we have :P

For me, it's even so much whether the team will turn it around. It's the fact that, even if the team does turn it around, that'll mean only two or three months of enjoyable basketball viewing. As a fan, I'd like to be able to enjoy watching the team for most of the season, which I don't think is an unreasonable expectation.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2012, 04:13:12 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I saw pretty good ball movement.against the Dubs. Just couldnt hit anything.

Our defense looks okay, but there was no effort. Everyone looked tired or just flat out quit. Avery needs to come back now. He may be able to provide a spark.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2012, 06:12:16 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I went to bed after the first quarter as I was pretty sure they were going to lose, and I am older and I get sleepy after a few vinos.

I thought I saw some positives before I dozed off.  Sullinger, to me, is the best thing we can say about the Celtics this season.  I thought Lee looked good offensively, and he wound up with 18 points.  Bass was aggressive to the basket which he MUST do more often!

But the negatives were more numerous and the same.  Another 1st quarter giving up 25+ points.  Just not sure what Jason Terry gives this unit right now.  Jason Collins should not be the starting center of a legit NBA finals contender.  Pierce looked like he didnt want to play from the beginning.

Oh well.

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2012, 06:14:04 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
we have a system that we implemented in 2008 and a coach that refuses to adjust that system unless it's out of necessity.

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2012, 06:20:06 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Teams seem to do that a lot this season, getting unusually hot against us.

Probably because teams are, quote, "getting up to play" against the better teams. The excuse used for every one of the Heat's losses this year, because teams are "getting up to play against the reigning NBA champs".

Not that it isn't true. But it doesn't justify us not playing up to our potential. We're nowhere near our potential. Some see that as glass half empty, I say glass half full. A team with the Jet, KG, Pierce and Rondo is going to be fun to watch come playoffs.

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2012, 09:04:55 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Refs last night were awful and wouldn't let us get into any sort of rhythm. That said, one of the main problem in the last few games has been how bad Pierce has been playing. He's shooting poorly and not moving the ball well, which just exacerbates the problem.

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 11:02:40 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Teams seem to do that a lot this season, getting unusually hot against us.

Probably because teams are, quote, "getting up to play" against the better teams. The excuse used for every one of the Heat's losses this year, because teams are "getting up to play against the reigning NBA champs".

Not that it isn't true. But it doesn't justify us not playing up to our potential. We're nowhere near our potential. Some see that as glass half empty, I say glass half full. A team with the Jet, KG, Pierce and Rondo is going to be fun to watch come playoffs.

Miami are very disappointing. I thought they'd post a big W-L record this season but they continue to play with their foot half off the pedal.

I want to see them stomp on some people. They have the talent.

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2012, 11:20:59 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Our defense looks okay, but there was no effort. Everyone looked tired or just flat out quit. Avery needs to come back now. He may be able to provide a spark.

There's nothing "okay" about this defense, and you contradict yourself in the second half of your statement. There's zero defensive effort on this team from anyone besides Garnett, and that isn't new to last night. It's a pattern with the season.

Everything is not fine. Danny has assembled a bunch of pieces that have not remotely fit together. This is a .500 team with little or no playoff future, with or without Avery Bradley, unless changes are made.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2012, 11:22:31 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 627
  • MASTER OF PANIC

There's nothing "okay" about this defense, and you contradict yourself in the second half of your statement. There's zero defensive effort on this team from anyone besides Garnett, and that isn't new to last night. It's a pattern with the season.

Everything is not fine. Danny has assembled a bunch of pieces that have not remotely fit together. This is a .500 team with little or no playoff future, with or without Avery Bradley, unless changes are made.

TP. the defense has been an issue all year. giving up 100 plus is now routine. No way that is a good thing

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2012, 11:33:10 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
we have a system that we implemented in 2008 and a coach that refuses to adjust that system unless it's out of necessity.

And then those adjustments are just flailing around.  I mean, can anyone see the logic in starting Collins but only playing him 12, 23, 15, 13, 17 and 9 minutes in those games?

It's certainly not Doc's fault that some of these players are just sucking and if this team somehow gets it together for a deep playoff run, he'll wind up looking pretty smart.  Right now, Doc looks like a coach who came into this season expecting to just do EXACTLY what this team has done the last few years, put ZERO thought into making any changes to fit his players and is now bewildered that it didn't work.

Mike

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2012, 11:57:49 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
its not even january yet and you guys are complaining. Lets wait until the all-star break and then we will know what we have :P

For me, it's even so much whether the team will turn it around. It's the fact that, even if the team does turn it around, that'll mean only two or three months of enjoyable basketball viewing. As a fan, I'd like to be able to enjoy watching the team for most of the season, which I don't think is an unreasonable expectation.

I agree with this. Some of these games are just painful to watch.

I have skipped many games after the Celts have put in real stinkers.The embarrassing blowout loss to Detroit especially comes to mind, but there have been plenty others.

Now, I jump into and out of games with the clicker, and DVR them all just in case I think that they have been worth watching. Why should we put the effort into watching, if they don't put the effort into playing?

That being said, I will watch tonight because maybe we will be seeing on the other team some future Celtics, and I also think that the effort will be there.

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2012, 12:18:37 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Rondo didn't play.  He's our best player and was sorely missed last night but I still didn't expect us to play that badly.  To lose that badly

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2012, 12:44:45 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I don't think the sky is ever falling, in the end this is just a game, but I think we are far from fine.  This team has underperformed my expectations for the year.  We have had a huge lapse in our defense.  Sometimes we struggle to score and our rebounding sucks.   I still love the team and this will be my favorite team forever.   I am more of a Celtic's fan than an NBA fan.

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2012, 01:16:04 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
haha yeah exactly. more of a trend then an aberration at this point though