Author Topic: Celtics (14-15) at Kings (10-19) 12/30  (Read 46814 times)

Re: Celtics (14-15) at Kings (10-19) 12/30
« Reply #360 on: December 30, 2012, 11:53:32 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
None of the moves ainge made worked so far. This team is a disaster...they are a .500 team at best..there is no miracle...this is what they are. They suck. They are zero signs of improving and they are imploding

Defense is nonexistent. Rebounding...worst In the nba.

It all came down to Darko. Ainge only found 1 semi talented 7 footer. I thought he looked good in the preseason. Doc foolishily did not. The guy's mom gets ill and the rest is history.

I agree to an extent. However, defense requires a team commitment from five guys. Right now we have a (very) few commitments from individual players, but nothing from the team perspective. One guy wont fix that, whether it is Darko, Bradley, Garnett, of anyone else. Doc really needs to go back to high school team rules and just say, if you don't guard, you don't play. Even if that means going away from his minutes allotment for a significant time.

I don't think it's a lack of effort.  Really.  When Garnett is out there, the defense is actually pretty good.  That tells me it's one of personnel.  When you're throwing out a defensive tandem of Sullinger and Bass, none of whom can defend the paint or pick and roll/pop, you're going to be a bad defense.

Stiesma wasn't an all-nba defender but his defense is vastly superior to whatever Bass and Sullinger bring.  He's been a big loss as weird as that sounds in retrospect.

« Reply #361 on: December 30, 2012, 11:53:59 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I'm one of the most optimistic posters on here, lol..but even I can see something's wrong with BOS right now..

I heard that. But im not losing hope.

Im saying we just hit a big slump, change is coming, especially after this. We will peak in the right time, but right niw we really need ti figure things out. We need more effort. We need Danny's magic and change something.

We'll get things together.

And no celticinorlando, I understand you really are frustrated, we all are, but no real fan should "screw" his team. We are here through thick and thin, and if youre only on board when we are winning and completlely condemn the team while we are losing, you shouldnt be here.

I have a real issue when I care more about them then they do. They effort is substandard right now. I have been a loyal fan since 1980. The look like they don't care. And that is unacceptable

« Reply #362 on: December 30, 2012, 11:55:27 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
Doc is actually being semi-honest in the presser. He is talking about not playing hard and needing to find guys who are willing to do the job. Proof will be in the pudding.

Doc has a standard line for every struggle.  Offense struggling?  Must be hero ball and guys trying to do it by themselves even if that's not the case.  Defense struggling?  Must be effort.

« Reply #363 on: December 30, 2012, 11:56:08 PM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
How badly do we have to tank to catch up to Washington for the #1 pick? Can any poster do some quick calculations?

I don't think the lottery is going to help us, the 2013 draft has been labelled by several analysts as 'weak'.

« Reply #364 on: December 30, 2012, 11:56:43 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'm one of the most optimistic posters on here, lol..but even I can see something's wrong with BOS right now..

I heard that. But im not losing hope.

Im saying we just hit a big slump, change is coming, especially after this. We will peak in the right time, but right niw we really need ti figure things out. We need more effort. We need Danny's magic and change something.

We'll get things together.

And no celticinorlando, I understand you really are frustrated, we all are, but no real fan should "screw" his team. We are here through thick and thin, and if youre only on board when we are winning and completlely condemn the team while we are losing, you shouldnt be here.

Thanks, Yoki (TP).

Perhaps our Celtics can sit down as a team and watch my Washington Redskins, lol...

Left for dead at 3-6 in November, and are now Division Champs ;D

Sit the team down and have them watch the Redskins season since November, I'm serious.

I recall Doc saying that he had the team watch Muhammad Ali tapes for inspiration back in 07-08, so why not Football? ;D

« Reply #365 on: December 30, 2012, 11:56:56 PM »

Offline TerreHaute

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
Doc is actually being semi-honest in the presser. He is talking about not playing hard and needing to find guys who are willing to do the job. Proof will be in the pudding.

I think the players have been plauin hard.  I just think doc is makin things too complicated

Tell me you are kidding. These defensive rotations aren't rocket science. It is a commitment to making the rotations that seems to be the problem. I just watched some of the highlights. They need to stop getting beat off the dribble. They need to defend the pick and roll better. Lastly, when someone gets to the basket, they need to pay for it physically. That is what Perk and Stiesma did. We have precious few players right now that are willing to make those commitments.

The former high school players I used to coach could make the rotations at their level, there is no reason the pros cant learn to make them. It is effort and that is all.

« Reply #366 on: December 30, 2012, 11:57:51 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I think you have to have a shot blocker to make it work. Neither Bass nor Sully can protect the rim. The defense worked with:

Perk
JO
Shaq
Steamer
and even KG

at center. It was great when KG was paired with another rim protector. I remember times, last year, when the defense was great with KG and Steamer on the court together.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #367 on: December 30, 2012, 11:59:49 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Doc just said it is effort and guys not competing. A lot of soft guys imo

« Reply #368 on: December 31, 2012, 12:01:33 AM »

Offline TerreHaute

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
I think you have to have a shot blocker to make it work. Neither Bass nor Sully can protect the rim. The defense worked with:

Perk
JO
Shaq
Steamer
and even KG

at center. It was great when KG was paired with another rim protector. I remember times, last year, when the defense was great with KG and Steamer on the court together.

This I agree with. Even as bad as JO was on offense. He was a willing participant on the defensive end. He gave no quarter and took no quarter. How can Bass be so much worse on defense this year than last? It can only be the effort he is putting out there unless he is hurt. If Bass and Sully are really that slow or unintelligent to at least get in position to give a hard foul in the lane they they shouldn't play. That goes for everybody at this point.

« Reply #369 on: December 31, 2012, 12:03:30 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Team is old and disinterested right now. What a sham

« Reply #370 on: December 31, 2012, 12:04:31 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
i aint quittin on da eam but we gotta improve, dis is hard to watch man

« Reply #371 on: December 31, 2012, 12:04:33 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Perk
JO
Shaq
Steamer
and even KG

This I agree with. Even as bad as JO was on offense. He was a willing participant on the defensive end. He gave no quarter and took no quarter. How can Bass be so much worse on defense this year than last? It can only be the effort he is putting out there unless he is hurt. If Bass and Sully are really that slow or unintelligent to at least get in position to give a hard foul in the lane they they shouldn't play. That goes for everybody at this point.

Guys usually try harder and play above their ability during a contract year.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #372 on: December 31, 2012, 12:04:59 AM »

LEHGOCELTICS

Perk
JO
Shaq
Steamer
and even KG

Too bad it seems like year after year, Ainge seems insistent on keeping this team devoid of a competent center.

« Reply #373 on: December 31, 2012, 12:05:12 AM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
My dad passed away in early September.  He was a lifelong Celtics fan, a Notre Dame football fan, and a Seattle Seahawk fan the last 30+ years. As he laid in bed unconscious, ND, who wasn't supposed to be good this year won 2 games as I was keeping him updated, though he was unresponsive. The day of his service was the Golden Tate "catch" against Green Bay. The whole family 100% expected ND to go on an unexpected run, the Seahawks to go nuts, and for the Celtics to win the title. So far so good.

I expect a Celtics title. How its going to happen, I don't know.

« Reply #374 on: December 31, 2012, 12:06:14 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
was danny at this game?