Author Topic: Sources: Celtics extremely interested in Demarcus Cousins  (Read 29033 times)

Re: Sources: Celtics extremely interested in Demarcus Cousins
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2012, 01:14:18 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I would make this trade.

Cousins makes 3.8m.  Bradley, Sully, and Melo make 4.2. 

That's a lot of prospects to give up, but still, we would basically swap Sullinger with Cousins in the team that we have now, which may make us a top contender if Cousins stays under control.

I'll do that trade. We are in WIN NOW mode, lets not forget that. I understand the potential of those three, but that potential may not land us no. 18 in the next two years. Cousins is still a project IMO, but a project who can greatly contribute already and will help us go to the top.

We are trying to win now, as ridiculous as this may sound, we need to scrap the future for a while and make sure we have the pieces to contend NOW.

We are in win now mode but you can't really use that argument when talking about bradley. He can help us a great deal RIGHT NOW. In fact, hes a very important piece to us winning right now......

« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2012, 01:20:03 PM »

Offline vwoodruff

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 45
I would be absolutely STUNNED if Bradley is in the deal. Rondo recognizes what many others do - Bradley's pressure defense makes a huge difference for the Cs. Having Cousins under the rim doesn't make up for the inability for the Cs backcourt to contain penetration. I don't think Bradley is overvalued - he may not be superstar quality, but he is an integral piece of the system. Bradley's value to the Cs is way higher than his value to the Kings - for that reason alone it would be counterproductive to put him in the deal.

« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2012, 01:24:50 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
After January 15th this works:

Boston sends Green and Bradley

Boston receives Cousins and Salmons

Utah sends Milsap

Utah receives Green and Bradley

Sacramento sends Cousins and Salmons

Sacramento receives Milsap

« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2012, 01:30:38 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
I would make this trade.

Cousins makes 3.8m.  Bradley, Sully, and Melo make 4.2. 

That's a lot of prospects to give up, but still, we would basically swap Sullinger with Cousins in the team that we have now, which may make us a top contender if Cousins stays under control.

I'll do that trade. We are in WIN NOW mode, lets not forget that. I understand the potential of those three, but that potential may not land us no. 18 in the next two years. Cousins is still a project IMO, but a project who can greatly contribute already and will help us go to the top.

We are trying to win now, as ridiculous as this may sound, we need to scrap the future for a while and make sure we have the pieces to contend NOW.

Very true, I rather the Celtics win 2 more titles, then be a draft lottery team for a couple years

« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2012, 01:33:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Still don't understand why Sacramento would want Bradley with Evans, Thornton, Thomas and Brooks already there. I think Bradley has great upside but at this point he is an injury risk and shows nothing more offensively than any of those four players can give the Kings.

Unless the Kings are going to change their entire thinking on how to construct a team, they value offensive players not defensive.

Shut up, Nick! You're gonna scare them off!
LOL...yeah because we all know how much Geoff Petrie respects my opinion.

« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2012, 01:41:46 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Still don't understand why Sacramento would want Bradley with Evans, Thornton, Thomas and Brooks already there. I think Bradley has great upside but at this point he is an injury risk and shows nothing more offensively than any of those four players can give the Kings.

Unless the Kings are going to change their entire thinking on how to construct a team, they value offensive players not defensive.

Well he's been getting terrible advice from someone, judging from the way that team is drowning. I've been telling everyone I know how awesome Avery Bradley would be for the Kings, in the hopes of finding the anonymous source of Petrie's terrible advice.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2012, 01:44:53 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Utah sends Milsap

Wow.  TP.

« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2012, 01:47:30 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Utah sends Milsap

Utah will not want Green.  They have his twin in Williams already.  (just look at their ages, size, and stats)

« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2012, 01:49:00 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Utah sends Milsap

Wow.  TP.

So Sac trades Cousins( a legit 6'11/7ft with loads of potential) for and undersized PF who is 5 years older and has already reached his peak of a 15/8 ? Just don't see Sacramento being interested in that.

« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2012, 01:57:19 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Utah sends Milsap

Wow.  TP.

So Sac trades Cousins( a legit 6'11/7ft with loads of potential) for and undersized PF who is 5 years older and has already reached his peak of a 15/8 ? Just don't see Sacramento being interested in that.

They go from having a headcase to having a solid near-allstar veteran pro big man, so I think they're interested.  It probably takes a 1st round pick or some combo of Melo/Joseph as a prospect to push it through, though (and make them look better).

« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2012, 02:09:14 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

Well he's been getting terrible advice from someone, judging from the way that team is drowning. I've been telling everyone I know how awesome Avery Bradley would be for the Kings, in the hopes of finding the anonymous source of Petrie's terrible advice.

I don't know how AB fits with kings, but I'm under the impression that Evans is on his way out. They chose to to extend a qualifying offer this off-season and he's an unrestricted free agent this summer. I'm pretty sure he's going to walk. I don't think Evans being part of a Celtics/Sac deal is that far fetched. We know Danny likes him and it could force us to offer a better package.

« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2012, 02:17:55 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Utah sends Milsap

Wow.  TP.

They go from having a headcase to having a solid near-allstar veteran pro big man, so I think they're interested.  It probably takes a 1st round pick or some combo of Melo/Joseph as a prospect to push it through, though (and make them look better).

sorry in what world is Millsap a borderline all-star?

they select 4-6 pf's for the all-star team

of the top of my head in no particular order

1)Dirk
2)Aldridge
3)Love
4)Josh Smith
5)Zach Randolph
6)Pau Gasol
7)Blake Griffin
8)David West
9)Favors
10)Anthony Davis
11) Amare Stoudamire
12) David Lee

can even add KG and Duncan in there

since the all-star teams only choose big men now instead of the positions of PF and C, Millsap would probably be around 25-30th best big man in the game. No where near an all-star. He is basically a better rebounding Jeff Green

« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2012, 02:28:52 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

This.
Bradley will be a good fit for a team with lots of weapons and trying to contend. He won't be shining on his own amongst a team that looks lost.

Unless the Kings are really willing to send Cousins away, I can't see them making a trade for a package of our players.

« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2012, 02:31:42 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

This.
Bradley will be a good fit for a team with lots of weapons and trying to contend. He won't be shining on his own amongst a team that looks lost.

Unless the Kings are really willing to send Cousins away, I can't see them making a trade for a package of our players.

But if you read many of the posts on here, you would think Bradley is a defensive monster who would transform the Kings culture and make them a top ranked defensive team.  He's a rare player who would make them instant contenders. Well, hopefully the Kings GM reads celticsblog, LOL.

« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2012, 02:42:44 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

This.

But if you read many of the posts on here, you would think Bradley is a defensive monster who would transform the Kings culture and make them a top ranked defensive team.  He's a rare player who would make them instant contenders. Well, hopefully the Kings GM reads celticsblog, LOL.

6'2" guys don't change the destiny of a franchise. It's a big man's job. That's why if two players are seen as equally talented, a GM will most likely go with the big man in that situation. That's why I think, if they could time travel to 84' draft, the Rockets would still go with Hakeem over MJ.

Kings aren't really managed that great to be honest, but I doubt they would be this dumb :D