Author Topic: Sources: Celtics extremely interested in Demarcus Cousins  (Read 29031 times)

Re: Sources: Celtics extremely interested in Demarcus Cousins
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2012, 12:04:37 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2012, 12:09:08 PM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Cousin would be a great fit for Boston, I like Cousins and I think with Doc and veterans, Cousins would an important piece.
It's time for changes, Celtics need changes,Bradley is a great defender, but we are serious, he is not Michael Jordan, people think Bradley will be the Mesias and all the solution of the C's.
If Celtics want to compete this year at tge highlest level, they need changes in his roster,and with urgence, a center,if Jason Collins is our starter center, bad thing.

Twitter: @Theanswer83

« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2012, 12:14:07 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2012, 12:21:35 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
I saw this on another board. Not saying its true just passing the info

I hear on the Boston Sports Radio that the Cs are going to offer Bradley, Sully, Melo and a Pick.... maybe some cash too

« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2012, 12:23:58 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

I hear on the Boston Sports Radio that the Cs are going to offer Bradley, Sully, Melo and a Pick.... maybe some cash too

doesn't work salary wise I believe.

« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2012, 12:30:01 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Problem for Sac is that Cousins doesn't make big talent money, add that to the headcase issues his value isn't the highest so to get that in return they may need to take less and or bundle some one else in the trade. Most likely they will get hosed in the trade, its just what they value getting him out.

Knowing DA loved Evans, I would think he would be part of the trade. I know people are talking Salmons, but he makes the same kind of money as Green and is producing about they same and he's 33 appose to 26.

Also Sac has a ton of guards they aren't going to want to take on more guards. Bass,Sully may be in the mix. Maybe Melo, I'd rather keep Melo for a couple reasons. The guy has been making great strides in the D league. Important thing is his rotations have been solid. So if Cousins didnt work out in a couple years, Melo may be able to fill that role. OR, move Cousins to PF and have Melo at starting C. Not sure that would work out with the NBA getting smaller, but that would be a pretty good potential force. Ah to dream..:P

I don't think AB will be involved, I could be wrong, but he was saying he was developing back up PG skills. Which bring us back to Evans coming over would be kinda nice.

Maybe a third team gets involved that needs some vet talent and has some youngs that SAC would want.

Bostons only problem is that trading Green leaves you weak at the SF spot. I dont think Evans can play the 3 as well as Green could. And if you get rid of both Bass and Sully leaves you weak at the PF spot. I guess Green could play that if they go small, wilcox would be a good Back up PF if the Cc could get a back up Center like Birdman.

Hard to know with out know who else would be brought in.

I think Lee,Barbosa,Bass,Joseph are most likely be in the trade, but with Sully,Green,and Melo if DA DESPERATELY wants to bring Cousins in.

The Dream

Rondo/AB
 Evans/Terry
 PP/Green
 KG/Wilcox
 Cousins/Birdman
 With:Collins,Melo,filler

The reality...Nothing like that! LOL!

« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2012, 12:34:16 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Problem for Sac is that Cousins doesn't make big talent money, add that to the headcase issues his value isn't the highest so to get that in return they may need to take less and or bundle some one else in the trade. Most likely they will get hosed in the trade, its just what they value getting him out.

Knowing DA loved Evans, I would think he would be part of the trade. I know people are talking Salmons, but he makes the same kind of money as Green and is producing about they same and he's 33 appose to 26.

Also Sac has a ton of guards they aren't going to want to take on more guards. Bass,Sully may be in the mix. Maybe Melo, I'd rather keep Melo for a couple reasons. The guy has been making great strides in the D league. Important thing is his rotations have been solid. So if Cousins didnt work out in a couple years, Melo may be able to fill that role. OR, move Cousins to PF and have Melo at starting C. Not sure that would work out with the NBA getting smaller, but that would be a pretty good potential force. Ah to dream..:P

I don't think AB will be involved, I could be wrong, but he was saying he was developing back up PG skills. Which bring us back to Evans coming over would be kinda nice.

Maybe a third team gets involved that needs some vet talent and has some youngs that SAC would want.

Bostons only problem is that trading Green leaves you weak at the SF spot. I dont think Evans can play the 3 as well as Green could. And if you get rid of both Bass and Sully leaves you weak at the PF spot. I guess Green could play that if they go small, wilcox would be a good Back up PF if the Cc could get a back up Center like Birdman.

Hard to know with out know who else would be brought in.

I think Lee,Barbosa,Bass,Joseph are most likely be in the trade, but with Sully,Green,and Melo if DA DESPERATELY wants to bring Cousins in.

The Dream

Rondo/AB
 Evans/Terry
 PP/Green
 KG/Wilcox
 Cousins/Birdman
 With:Collins,Melo,filler

The reality...Nothing like that! LOL!

Yea, I don't see a Cousins deal happening without Bradley, and likely Sullinger as well, and the celtics taking back a bad contract.

What does our main competitor, Detroit, have to offer? They are highly unlikely to deal Drummond or Monroe, which leaves them with Brandon Knight, Stuckey, Singler, etc. Not much competition to what we can offer with Bradley and Sullinger imo.

« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2012, 12:35:07 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

I think the salaries work.  Cousins makes 3.8m.  Bradley, Sully, and Melo make 4.2. 

« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2012, 12:38:12 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I think the salaries work.  Cousins makes 3.8m.  Bradley, Sully, and Melo make 4.2.

wow, yea, I didn't realize Cousins salary was so cheap.

« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2012, 12:41:31 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would make this trade.

Cousins makes 3.8m.  Bradley, Sully, and Melo make 4.2. 

« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2012, 12:52:12 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
I would make this trade.

That's a lot of prospects to give up, but still, we would basically swap Sullinger with Cousins in the team that we have now, which may make us a top contender if Cousins stays under control.

« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2012, 12:56:41 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I would make this trade.

That's a lot of prospects to give up, but still, we would basically swap Sullinger with Cousins in the team that we have now, which may make us a top contender if Cousins stays under control.

I'll do that trade. We are in WIN NOW mode, lets not forget that. I understand the potential of those three, but that potential may not land us no. 18 in the next two years. Cousins is still a project IMO, but a project who can greatly contribute already and will help us go to the top.

We are trying to win now, as ridiculous as this may sound, we need to scrap the future for a while and make sure we have the pieces to contend NOW.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2012, 12:58:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Still don't understand why Sacramento would want Bradley with Evans, Thornton, Thomas and Brooks already there. I think Bradley has great upside but at this point he is an injury risk and shows nothing more offensively than any of those four players can give the Kings.

Unless the Kings are going to change their entire thinking on how to construct a team, they value offensive players not defensive.

« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2012, 01:07:13 PM »

Offline rondofor3

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
Can Rondo and Cousins co-exist? And I know we have a veteran locker room but I still have concerns about Cousins hurting team chemistry...

« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2012, 01:09:15 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Still don't understand why Sacramento would want Bradley with Evans, Thornton, Thomas and Brooks already there. I think Bradley has great upside but at this point he is an injury risk and shows nothing more offensively than any of those four players can give the Kings.

Unless the Kings are going to change their entire thinking on how to construct a team, they value offensive players not defensive.

Shut up, Nick! You're gonna scare them off!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner