Author Topic: Sources: Celtics extremely interested in Demarcus Cousins  (Read 29034 times)

Re: Sources: Celtics extremely interested in Demarcus Cousins
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2012, 08:02:04 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Detriot has the edge if they are willing to part with expiring contract Maggette and take on Garcia.

Pistons get: Cousins, Garcia
Kings get: Correy Maggette, Drummond and a Piston 2013 1st rounder

The Celtics couldn't comnpete with that offer.

The 2013 Piston's pick (top14 protected) plus Ben Gordon was traded to CHA for Corey Maggette.

10-4, good to know. a 1st rounder with that package is a little overkill anyway. Drummond (though a horrific ft shooter at the moment) should be high end enough of a prospect to get it done.

The pistons aren't giving up Drummond. Especially not on a risk like cousins.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2012, 08:02:56 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
They would probably ask for both bradley and sullinger.

If it means landing DeMarcus, throw in a 1st rounder or two with that.

Yeah id probably do that deal. I'm 60/40 on it. Gotta see how AB preforms when he comes back. Can the team straighten him out? Is he worth the headache?

I believe he'll be okay. He'll be in a much better situation in Boston. A bigger market team, tradition and stuff. He'll get his shots, which will make him happy. Sure the immature antics will be there, but I believe there will be no coach fighting with DMC in Boston. Winning will change everything.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2012, 08:03:49 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Being interested and having something to offer are two extremely different things.
How so being interested means you're willing to offer something and outside of KG/Pierce Danny is probably dangling everybody or will be soon

Rondo is the only player on the Celtics roster good enough to tempt Sacramento into parting with DeMarcus Cousins.

The Celtics cannot make any other viable trade package.

Im not implying that a trade could happen, but I do think you are overrating cousins.

If cousins had rondo's worth and impact, his team wouldn't be sucking so consistently during his presence. He has immense talent and the right system could nurture him to be a very good player, but I dont think he'll ever be the dominant force some on here say he is.

It's not Cousins' current ability. It's his potential.

You don't give up a guy like that who can be a franchise cornerstone for what Boston has to offer (outside of Rondo). Rondo is the only guy with enough value on the Celtics to make moving Cousins worthwhile for Sacramento.

What makes you think cousins will be a franchise cornerstone?
Cousins has the potential to become one.

I'd say he is very likely to be a 20/10 player and a perennial All-Star (like Zach Randolph) with the capacity to go a step further and establish himself as a top ten NBA player.

I also think Cousins can be a plus defensive player with more time and work. He has very good passing skills too. A very strong all-around game in addition to his scoring skills and excellent rebounding. He has a lot of talent.

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2012, 08:17:46 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Disagree with this and with Who.  the celtics are in title mode and can't give up 2 smart contributors for one guy,,even a center. The celtics are coasting now, not desperate at all.  sully and Bradley are 2 future high quality starters.  Bradley's defense and energy are crucial. cousins can't stop the wade Lebron duo.  Bradley can stop and frustrate wade, leaving others to deal with Lebron.  Bradley's not a star yet but he brings precisely what the celtics lack. 

if the celts want cousins, trade Sully, green and a 1st and 2cnd to Detroit.  Detroit sends Monroe to Sac. Sac sends cousins to Boston.  Add picks and salary where necessary, like a future pick(s) to Sac.  They might take Monroe straight up to end their headache.  and Drummond sully green is a nice front court  for Detroit, with a decent player from Boston's first rounder. Celtics take back/hire a SF or promote Joseph.

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2012, 08:18:09 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Being interested and having something to offer are two extremely different things.
How so being interested means you're willing to offer something and outside of KG/Pierce Danny is probably dangling everybody or will be soon

Rondo is the only player on the Celtics roster good enough to tempt Sacramento into parting with DeMarcus Cousins.

Im not implying that a trade could happen, but I do think you are overrating cousins.

If cousins had rondo's worth and impact, his team wouldn't be sucking so consistently during his presence. He has immense talent and the right system could nurture him to be a very good player, but I dont think he'll ever be the dominant force some on here say he is.

You don't give up a guy like that who can be a franchise cornerstone for what Boston has to offer (outside of Rondo). Rondo is the only guy with enough value on the Celtics to make moving Cousins worthwhile for Sacramento.

I'd say he is very likely to be a 20/10 player and a perennial All-Star (like Zach Randolph) with the capacity to go a step further and establish himself as a top ten NBA player.

I also think Cousins can be a plus defensive player with more time and work. He has very good passing skills too. A very strong all-around game in addition to his scoring skills and excellent rebounding. He has a lot of talent.

There has been nothing to show anyone that cousins could be a top 10 NBA Player.

Cousins is strong on the block and has very good hands and ball handling abilities for a guy his size. He is also a good rebounder when he puts his mind to it.

These things said defensively he is a shambles and extremely lazy, often undoing his good offensive play by letting his man get easy hoops on the other end.

Lazy stupid guys don't become top 10 nba players on talent alone. Demarcus has shown immense stupidity when dealing with officials, coaches, and teammates already, and he's only 22. He hasn't even got his contract to be arrogant about yet. The celtics and pistons will not be offering Dwight Howard/Carmelo style loot for cousins and nor should they.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2012, 08:21:57 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker

There has been nothing to show anyone that cousins could be a top 10 NBA Player.

Cousins is strong on the block and has very good hands and ball handling abilities for a guy his size. He is also a good rebounder when he puts his mind to it.

These things said defensively he is a shambles and extremely lazy, often undoing his good offensive play by letting his man get easy hoops on the other end.

Lazy stupid guys don't become top 10 nba players on talent alone. Demarcus has shown immense stupidity when dealing with officials, coaches, and teammates already, and he's only 22. He hasn't even got his contract to be arrogant about yet. The celtics and pistons will not be offering Dwight Howard/Carmelo style loot for cousins and nor should they.

Agree. There are considerations other than talent.

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2012, 08:24:35 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Sacramento won't get a player of Rondo's caliber for Cousins at this point.  I would have been more likely to agree with you last year.

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2012, 08:27:03 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

Sacramento won't get a player of Rondo's caliber for Cousins at this point.  I would have been more likely to agree with you last year.
I agree

It's not that it will take a player of Rondo's ability to land Cousins. It wouldn't. Sacramento won't get offers of that level for Cousins.

It's that Boston lacks assets of comparable value to Cousins. That outside of Rondo, they can't make an offer that is worthwhile for the Kings organization.

The Celtics have one excellent asset in Rondo. Then a bunch of old guys (Pierce, Garnett, Terry) coming towards the end of their career. A bunch of role players (Bass, Green, Lee) on long term deals. One good young talent in Bradley (maybe two depending on specific team's view of J.Green) and a pair of solid assets in Sully in Fab Melo.

It's that Boston lacks the assets to make a realistic offer for Cousins with it's non-Rondo assets. The team just doesn't have the talent (or proven talent if you like) to make an acceptable trade offer. That Boston's only way to get Cousins at this point in time would be to make Rondo available.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 08:43:21 AM by Who »

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2012, 08:31:01 AM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

Disagree with this and with Who.  the celtics are in title mode and can't give up 2 smart contributors for one guy,,even a center. The celtics are coasting now, not desperate at all.  sully and Bradley are 2 future high quality starters.  Bradley's defense and energy are crucial. cousins can't stop the wade Lebron duo.  Bradley can stop and frustrate wade, leaving others to deal with Lebron.  Bradley's not a star yet but he brings precisely what the celtics lack. 

if the celts want cousins, trade Sully, green and a 1st and 2cnd to Detroit.  Detroit sends Monroe to Sac. Sac sends cousins to Boston.  Add picks and salary where necessary, like a future pick(s) to Sac.  They might take Monroe straight up to end their headache.  and Drummond sully green is a nice front court  for Detroit, with a decent player from Boston's first rounder. Celtics take back/hire a SF or promote Joseph.

If Detroit would trade Monroe for that package we should just cut out Sac all together and get Monroe.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2012, 08:34:38 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Idk how true this is but apparently as of now the only 3 players the kings would have interest in from us are sullinger Melo bradley. Kings would likely ask for all 3 and danny would likely negotiate and do 2 out of 3. Rather the kings accept who knows. Id give up sullinger and fab melo preferably and keep bradley if possible.

http://www.celticslife.com/2012/12/espn-reporting-celtics-highly.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2012, 08:38:02 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker

If Detroit would trade Monroe for that package we should just cut out Sac all together and get Monroe.

I would. But the truth is I don't know enough about either of these young centers, and was going off the Celt's rumored interest in Cousins and that he may be considered to have the higher ceiling and could be contained/directed by the celts vets.  Wouldn't be surprised if the celts like Monroe too,but don't know.

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2012, 08:56:17 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

TP

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2012, 08:57:23 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Disagree. The Cs have a number of assets that would be attractive to Petrie -- both young players and vets. I'd assume they'd want Bradley, though I don't see Danny trading him.

Id imagine the veteran piece would be either Terry or Green, along with youth in Sully AND Melo. This would be a competitive offer, especially if the Cs would take back a bad contract like Outlaw, Chuck or Salmons.

The Kings are not going to get back a player of equal ability to Cousins, they're going to get pieces -- as is typically the case when you decide to dump a highly talented by unhappy player.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2012, 08:59:06 AM »

LEHGOCELTICS

MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2012, 09:04:13 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Disagree. The Cs have a number of assets that would be attractive to Petrie -- both young players and vets. I'd assume they'd want Bradley, though I don't see Danny trading him.

Id imagine the veteran piece would be either Terry or Green, along with youth in Sully AND Melo. This would be a competitive offer, especially if the Cs would take back a bad contract like Outlaw, Chuck or Salmons.

The Kings are not going to get back a player of equal ability to Cousins, they're going to get pieces -- as is typically the case when you decide to dump a highly talented by unhappy player.

Exactly I agree, boston definitely has pieces that the kings would want. Realistically speaking the kings know that can't go around asking for guys like rondo for a guy like cousins. Sully Melo And avery bradley and picks is a very attractive package.