Author Topic: Sources: Celtics extremely interested in Demarcus Cousins  (Read 29039 times)

Sources: Celtics extremely interested in Demarcus Cousins
« on: December 29, 2012, 03:26:07 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
According to Marc Stein, The Celtics and Pistons have both let the Kings know they are "extremely interested" in Demarcus Cousins "if and when he becomes available."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225274/Sources_Celtics_Pistons_Extremely_Interested_In_Cousins

NESN thinks the starting price would have to start with Avery bradley  :-\  http://nesn.com/2012/12/demarcus-cousins-trade-would-make-sense-for-celtics-but-asking-price-likely-starts-with-avery-bradley-podcast/

« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 03:33:26 AM by lightspeed5 »

Re: Sources: Celtics extremely interested in Demarcus Cousins
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 03:37:29 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Do it if it meant keeping at least Lee, I probably wouldnt mind.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 03:42:06 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
yeah... Lee with a more defined role would be fine.  I still feel like he's the best overall shooting guard on this team.  That said, I still think I'd rather start PIerce at SG and Jeff Green at SF... bring whatever leftover guards we have off the bench.

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 03:48:38 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
yeah... Lee with a more defined role would be fine.  I still feel like he's the best overall shooting guard on this team.  That said, I still think I'd rather start PIerce at SG and Jeff Green at SF... bring whatever leftover guards we have off the bench.
They would probably want Green too, no? Is it worth it then?

Danny is already working the phones as expected though
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 03:52:28 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
They would probably want Green too, no? Is it worth it then?

Danny is already working the phones as expected though
at this point, it'd be like getting rid of green's contract.

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 03:53:23 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
They would probably ask for both bradley and sullinger.

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 04:00:38 AM »

Offline soboston

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
As much as I would love to keep Bradley, if this deal was a possibility, I think I would have to do it. Lee is a solid defender also and at least has legit SG size.  I would do the Bradley, Sully, and Melo deal for Cousins. Or Sully, Melo, Joseph and two 1st round picks if we can keep Bradley. Just like any business, you have to give something to get something.

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 04:04:39 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
As much as I would love to keep Bradley, if this deal was a possibility, I think I would have to do it. Lee is a solid defender also and at least has legit SG size.  I would do the Bradley, Sully, and Melo deal for Cousins. Or Sully, Melo, Joseph and two 1st round picks if we can keep Bradley. Just like any business, you have to give something to get something.

Yes i agree with you. I would attack all angles before giving up bradley tho. First, i wanna see how we perform once he comes back. If he comes back like last year and we go on a 10 game winning streak and have the best defense in the league again......kinda hard to give that up.

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 04:12:38 AM »

Offline Accension13

• Joe Mazzulla
If the package from the Kings includes cousins and Evans,  it's worth the c's giving up anybody outside of the big 3 to make it happen.  Ideally,  the c's could keep either Sully or Bradley,  but if that can't be done so be it. After the trade, the starting 5 will be set and the bench will have 3-4 solid players regardless.

Do it Danny!

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 04:13:32 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
If the package from the Kings includes cousins and Evans,  it's worth the c's giving up anybody outside of the big 3 to make it happen.  Ideally,  the c's could keep either Sully or Bradley,  but if that can't be done so be it. After the trade, the starting 5 will be set and the bench will have 3-4 solid players regardless.

Do it Danny!
No way we can land both Cousins and Evans, unless you're willing to give up Rondo

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 04:14:00 AM »

Offline soboston

• Xavier Tillman

Yes i agree with you. I would attack all angles before giving up bradley tho. First, i wanna see how we perform once he comes back. If he comes back like last year and we go on a 10 game winning streak and have the best defense in the league again......kinda hard to give that up.

Yeah, I definitely would like to see how Bradley performs when he comes back and it's going to sting pretty bad if we have to lose him.

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 04:15:30 AM »

Offline soboston

• Xavier Tillman

Do it Danny!
No way we can land both Cousins and Evans, unless you're willing to give up Rondo

Agreed.

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 04:39:22 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Being interested and having something to offer are two extremely different things.

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 04:55:59 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Being interested and having something to offer are two extremely different things.
How so being interested means you're willing to offer something and outside of KG/Pierce Danny is probably dangling everybody or will be soon

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 05:02:41 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
How so being interested means you're willing to offer something and outside of KG/Pierce Danny is probably dangling everybody or will be soon

Rondo is the only player on the Celtics roster good enough to tempt Sacramento into parting with DeMarcus Cousins.

The Celtics cannot make any other viable trade package.