Author Topic: Fab Melo called up  (Read 4221 times)

Fab Melo called up
« on: January 02, 2013, 04:47:16 PM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Melo called up. Anyone think he will get some run tonight?

Re: Fab Melo called up
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 04:57:09 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
I don't know but if it were me I would absolutely throw him in there against both Gasol and Randolph and let him get his backside handed to him, or not...

But I'm a big advocate of getting punched in the head as a great way of learning and as a the best possible motivation to work harder by knowing where you're weaknesses are after getting schooled.

growing up I couldn't wait to play against the kids who just annihilated me on the black top for 8 hours on a Saturday - usually the older kids - 2-3 years older. And I'd be the first one there on Sunday morning for another beating. Good way to grow your game, fast.

Anyway, I hope he does get some run.

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 04:58:02 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
He has a concussion and had to be called up to get the medical staff to check him out.

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 05:12:48 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
That's pretty anti-climatic...

:)

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 05:15:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I hope he is on the bench at least ...help lift everybodies spirits some. 

I think the fans will be pumped up for AB's return

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 05:23:45 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Yea, there is already a thread asking/discussing this... not only that, I can see people don't watch Maine games/Fab, Fab is injured, a mild concussion... he missed last game b/c of it and even if Maine had a game today I doubt he would have played (their next game is Fri)... so, if he can't play for  them he surely can't for us.

This will not be Fab's first/last time being called up, so please guys stop getting excited, if there isn't a slew of injuries to our "bigs" then Fab won't be playing with the big boys. I wish he was but it won't be happpening any time soon. They have to bring injured players up (new rules). Danny picked up Vernado, that should tell you how ready they think Fab is... I mean if you got to use a roster spot to sign another DLeaguer when you are already paying one, who is pretty much doing the same thing you are (but Fab's only been playing ball 6yrs... so to me he is already better/as good as Vernado but I'm no GM/coach)... that means you don't want to mess up your young guys development and you don't think they're ready.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 05:40:44 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642
If we're going to call him up, then we need to play him.  If we just bring him up to sit at the end of the bench with a towel, then we're not helping him and he's not helping us.

Make the game as simple as possible for him.  Rebound, rotate, protect the rim.  I don't want anything else from him. 

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 05:53:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Yea, there is already a thread asking/discussing this... not only that, I can see people don't watch Maine games/Fab, Fab is injured, a mild concussion... he missed last game b/c of it and even if Maine had a game today I doubt he would have played (their next game is Fri)... so, if he can't play for  them he surely can't for us.

This will not be Fab's first/last time being called up, so please guys stop getting excited, if there isn't a slew of injuries to our "bigs" then Fab won't be playing with the big boys. I wish he was but it won't be happpening any time soon. They have to bring injured players up (new rules). Danny picked up Vernado, that should tell you how ready they think Fab is... I mean if you got to use a roster spot to sign another DLeaguer when you are already paying one, who is pretty much doing the same thing you are (but Fab's only been playing ball 6yrs... so to me he is already better/as good as Vernado but I'm no GM/coach)... that means you don't want to mess up your young guys development and you don't think they're ready.
TP...excellent post and spot on.

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 05:59:47 PM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
He has a concussion and had to be called up to get the medical staff to check him out.

ou may be right, and im not saying you are wrong, but that dosent make sence. If true that is a dumb rule. Medical staff should be able to check him out without calling him up. Jeff Green was able to sit on The bench even the Celtics released him last year

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 06:06:24 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19

ou may be right, and im not saying you are wrong, but that dosent make sence. If true that is a dumb rule. Medical staff should be able to check him out without calling him up. Jeff Green was able to sit on The bench even the Celtics released him last year

Since I read that sentence, I didn't read any further...
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 06:10:29 PM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford

You are right. Just saw it on comcast. That being said I still think its a dumb rule.