Author Topic: Courtney Lee makes SI's NBA All-Disappointment Team  (Read 3120 times)

Re: Courtney Lee makes SI's NBA All-Disappointment Team
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 09:28:12 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
he's been a disaster considering the excitement about his signing...shouldn't be a surprise..no team he's been on has wanted him back...he had a good rookie year as far as playing for a contender and has developed bad habits on crap teams since...he's been soft on both sides of the ball and we were all dying to love this kid now he's among the less likable players on the team.

Might be the worst post I've ever read on CB, mostly because its just so ill-informed. "No team he was on wanted him back?" Where did you get that information? All of his NBA coaches have had nothing but good things to say about him. Is it his fault he was on really badly managed teams? ORL made a HUGE mistake breaking up that team that went to the finals. I'm not even going to comment on the cesspool that had been NJ Nets basketball during their final 5 yrs in NJ. Houston was the only team with any semblance of management and the only reason they withdrew the qualifying offer they originally extended to Courtney is because they were trying to free up cap to take back one of ORL's other bad contracts in a D12 trade.

As far as him not being "likable", please speak for yourself only. He's a hardworker, a team player, and a guy who has taken responsibility for his own rough start instead of blaming it on the "system" like some superstars do. He's also been one of our better defensive players all season - despite his offensive struggles. Not sure where the "soft" label is coming from. If he's soft, than Jason Terry must be wet tissue paper.
TP agreed

Where are you getting your information any team hes on has wanted him back? pretty sure actions speak louder than words...although id agree Orlando made a mistake trading him, but they didnt want him back over vince carter...fact not opinion.
 ah yes the worst post youve ever seen on celicsblog! when daily I read jibberish about trading rondo for anderson varejao.
 Im judging courtney lee off the hype machine that this very blog created when we signed him...if he didnt come with that attached he'd be likable in my eyes...but simply put hes been awful...for a guy who was suppose to make avery bradley expendable why are we crying and whining for ab to get healthy and turn our season around?
He is a soft player and been a non-factor and it wouldnt hurt my feelings to have him shipped out in a trade and if Jason Terry is so soft....uh tell me why again courtney lost the starting job to him?....glad you like him though and consider him a "superstar"

These arent spiteful feelings towards Courtney lee the person...just the player hes been for us...complete non factor.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 09:38:22 PM by scaryjerry »

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 10:37:00 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
This article is half ridiculous. But not wrong.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2012, 12:15:07 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
he's been a disaster considering the excitement about his signing...shouldn't be a surprise..no team he's been on has wanted him back...he had a good rookie year as far as playing for a contender and has developed bad habits on crap teams since...he's been soft on both sides of the ball and we were all dying to love this kid now he's among the less likable players on the team.

Might be the worst post I've ever read on CB, mostly because its just so ill-informed. "No team he was on wanted him back?" Where did you get that information? All of his NBA coaches have had nothing but good things to say about him. Is it his fault he was on really badly managed teams? ORL made a HUGE mistake breaking up that team that went to the finals. I'm not even going to comment on the cesspool that had been NJ Nets basketball during their final 5 yrs in NJ. Houston was the only team with any semblance of management and the only reason they withdrew the qualifying offer they originally extended to Courtney is because they were trying to free up cap to take back one of ORL's other bad contracts in a D12 trade.

As far as him not being "likable", please speak for yourself only. He's a hardworker, a team player, and a guy who has taken responsibility for his own rough start instead of blaming it on the "system" like some superstars do. He's also been one of our better defensive players all season - despite his offensive struggles. Not sure where the "soft" label is coming from. If he's soft, than Jason Terry must be wet tissue paper.
TP agreed

Where are you getting your information any team hes on has wanted him back? pretty sure actions speak louder than words...although id agree Orlando made a mistake trading him, but they didnt want him back over vince carter...fact not opinion.
 ah yes the worst post youve ever seen on celicsblog! when daily I read jibberish about trading rondo for anderson varejao.
 Im judging courtney lee off the hype machine that this very blog created when we signed him...if he didnt come with that attached he'd be likable in my eyes...but simply put hes been awful...for a guy who was suppose to make avery bradley expendable why are we crying and whining for ab to get healthy and turn our season around?
He is a soft player and been a non-factor and it wouldnt hurt my feelings to have him shipped out in a trade and if Jason Terry is so soft....uh tell me why again courtney lost the starting job to him?....glad you like him though and consider him a "superstar"

These arent spiteful feelings towards Courtney lee the person...just the player hes been for us...complete non factor.

"Im judging courtney lee off the hype machine that this very blog created when we signed him...if he didnt come with that attached he'd be likable in my eyes" - he wasn't responsible for the hype, he didn't make any grand promises. The only thing he promised was hardwork and effort, despite a shaky 3pt shot he's shown great work ethic. Not sure why that's an unlikable quality to you.

And I didn't call him superstar - that was a pretty blatant reference to Deron Willoiams blaming his coach and his system for his struggles instead of manning up and taking that blame on himself like Lee has done throughout the year. All the soft talk is completely out of line and unfounded, he's been one of the few defensive brightspots this year. When I think of "soft" in regards to C's players, Lee is def not one to come to mind. He plays hard, even when the shots are not falling.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2012, 06:38:40 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Courtney Lee was brought in for depth and to give us an option if Avery Bradley either didn't return to full health or was traded.  I read the article and it assumes that Lee was supposed to be something much more than he ever was for us.

I have found his on-ball defense a bit lacking, thought he was more of a shut down guy than he is.  I can live with a guy not shooting well, that will turn around hopefully (and it has.)  Actually thought he did an admirable job playing the point for us last night.

If the worst thing we have going for us later in the year is that Courtney Lee is not playing as well as he should, then we will be more than fine.

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2012, 09:08:02 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
And another nice game from Lee, 18 points on 6/13 shooting with 5 rebounds.

Lee doesn't belong on that list. He finished the month of December on 50% shooting with 41% from 3.

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2012, 09:21:05 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
My expectations for lee when we signed him was a good defender at the 2 while averaging 9-10 points a game. His average right now is at 7 a game and ten pregame over his last for games while playing good defense and showing great hustle. Hard to call him a disappointed when he is playing at his expectations and getting better as the season has progressed.