Author Topic: So um, doc just gets a free pass huh?  (Read 5899 times)

So um, doc just gets a free pass huh?
« on: December 28, 2012, 10:46:46 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Idc what anyone of you say. Nobody expected this team to be 500 right now. Everybody had high hopes for this team. I personally thought danny had one of the better off seasons hands down. Since when can a team with championship hopes play poorly and the coach get off easy?

I am not a coach, not my job. That being said i am 100 percent convinced if coached correctly this is NOT a 500 team. It might not be a championship team but it is NOT a 500 team. They are playing like one now tho.

People on these boards have no problem throwing out blame after every loss. Except when the blame is directed at the one area that probably deserves the most of it. Granted some of you do give doc blame so I'm not talking about you guys.

All I'm saying is I'm tired of doc getting a free pass. He was given a good enough team to work with. He is making a team with alot of talent look extremely mediocre right now and yes this team does have talent despite what some of you would like to believe.

Again, I'm not saying we're good enough to win it all with this team constructed as is. What i am saying is we're better than this. What I'm saying is its time for the coach to get some blame and alot of it. Just my 2 cents.

Re: So um, doc just gets a free pass huh?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 11:00:20 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
no argument from me.  I've never been a Doc Rivers fan--always considered him extremely overrated.  Only time he outcoached someone was Phil in the finals.  other than that, very unimpressive.

I think this season is again exposing Doc for what he is -- an ineffective coach.  this roster should be performing better.  A good coach works with what he has for a roster to get the most out of it.  Doc doesn't do that.  He's trying to make JET into Ray and it's not working.  Bass has regressed, Lee is a mess and Green is inconsistent.
The offense should be much better than it is and it's just woeful at times. 
The D is horrible and he's got 4/5 of the starting lineup back.  how can they be that much worse on D?

That, and throw in all the usual complaints about player-rotations, time-out management and player motivation and you have a solid case for questioning Doc's continuation here.  I know I'm in the minority but I really think others could do better.  unfortunately, many are already coaching elsewhere.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 11:03:32 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
Idc what anyone of you say. Nobody expected this team to be 500 right now. Everybody had high hopes for this team. I personally thought danny had one of the better off seasons hands down. Since when can a team with championship hopes play poorly and the coach get off easy?

I am not a coach, not my job. That being said i am 100 percent convinced if coached correctly this is NOT a 500 team. It might not be a championship team but it is NOT a 500 team. They are playing like one now tho.

People on these boards have no problem throwing out blame after every loss. Except when the blame is directed at the one area that probably deserves the most of it. Granted some of you do give doc blame so I'm not talking about you guys.

All I'm saying is I'm tired of doc getting a free pass. He was given a good enough team to work with. He is making a team with alot of talent look extremely mediocre right now and yes this team does have talent despite what some of you would like to believe.

Again, I'm not saying we're good enough to win it all with this team constructed as is. What i am saying is we're better than this. What I'm saying is its time for the coach to get some blame and alot of it. Just my 2 cents.

So do you give Doc credit for taking last year's team within a game of the Finals? I mean who EXPECTED that team to be up 3-2 on the Heat who wiped the floor with OKC?

I also had high hopes for this squad, but watching them play I am realizing that the role players are not good defenders and that is what is most hurting us right now. I think Doris Burke actually mentioned this on the Christmas Day broadcast..."You can get away with bench players not scoring a ton, but you can't make it with bench players who can't defend."

That's where I think we are right now. Our bench has trouble making stops. I hope Danny can make some moves to address that.

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 11:10:46 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
I don't give out credit for losing. This whole *Being up 3-2* thing is silly to me. Doesn't matter if you get swept or lose in 7. Before Lee came here he was considered a very solid defender and solid player all around. Now all of a sudden he sucks and can't do squat right. Terry, great ray allen replacement. Well, until you try to use him exactly the way you used ray allen. I can go on and on, this team is better than this. Doc isn't putting them in the best possible situation to succeed.

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 11:13:07 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

Thanks.  ;D
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 11:27:55 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Although I would like us to have a better record at this point you have to give Doc a pass. Why you ask? because they had a similar record at this time last year and came together to make a deep playoff run. It's a long season, one in which it's more important to be playing your best at the end than at the beginning.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 11:30:46 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Although I would like us to have a better record at this point you have to give Doc a pass. Why you ask? because they had a similar record at this time last year and came together to make a deep playoff run. It's a long season, one in which it's more important to be playing your best at the end than at the beginning.

Everyone forgets that last year was completely skewed because of the strike. Every veteran Celtics player was out of shape, which was the main reason for their awful record at the all star break. They do not have that excuse this year. They have had 28 games and they look worse now than they did earlier in the season. They have lost 5 of their last 7 games and find it hard to beat any team that has a little more than a pulse. This isn't last year.

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 11:34:17 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

That is a really bad excuse and it gets old quick. So because LAST YEAR they made a run and still lost by the way, we should just ignore everything thats happening now and let doc off the hook? Because of last year everything is gonna be fine this year? That logic is extremely weak I'm sorry. It is a long season but that doesn't mean doc shouldn't be getting any blame right now.

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 11:34:33 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The fact that Lee and Terry is not playing up to expectations, I think part of it is coaching.

The fact that we were playing small ball from the beginning when we had a solid Center to put in, is also coaching.

Some of this is on Doc.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 11:37:54 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Pretty much, yeah. Doc's track record here over the last few years has earned him that.

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 11:41:46 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
The fact that Lee and Terry is not playing up to expectations, I think part of it is coaching.

The fact that we were playing small ball from the beginning when we had a solid Center to put in, is also coaching.

Some of this is on Doc.

Now that is what really irks me. Now when doc finally gets a clue we have no center left except collins.

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 11:49:32 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Pretty much, yeah. Doc's track record here over the last few years has earned him that.

Um, no, it hasn't. Last 3 years, zero championships. Considering every one of those years was considered a championship or bust year his TRACK RECORD ain't great. Definitely not good enough to completely ignore his coaching decisions this year........can't believe i even have to say that.

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 11:50:57 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I just want to know, when you say you don't want Doc to get a "free pass" anymore, do you mean that you want him to get fired, or do you mean that you want the right to Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. about him?

If it's the latter, no one has ever denied anyone that right. 

If it's the former, I say, yeah, he's earned the right to stick around and get a chance to try to get this team playing better ball.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 11:54:10 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
I just want to know, when you say you don't want Doc to get a "free pass" anymore, do you mean that you want him to get fired, or do you mean that you want the right to **** about him?

If it's the former, I say, yeah, he's earned the right to stick around and get a chance to try to get this team playing better ball.

Not saying fire him. Not yet anyways. Even tho i think doc is extremely overrated i don't think firing him is the way to go right now.

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 11:59:21 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I just want to know, when you say you don't want Doc to get a "free pass" anymore, do you mean that you want him to get fired, or do you mean that you want the right to **** about him?

Not saying fire him. Not yet anyways. Even tho i think doc is extremely overrated i don't think firing him is the way to go right now.

Thanks for clarifying that.  Carry on with the blaming thing. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson